City of Las Vegas Employer Reviews

What an adventure.
Safekey Site Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
It was a new fun experience. The job was very fun and very fast pace work.
Fun workplace
Safekey Site Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
Fun workplace working with kids.
I teach them structured activities and help them along with homework time.
this was an extremely hard job as the city did not car about the animals
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMMarch 11, 2014
Pros: saving animals lives
Cons: management staff was very bad
I would start by cleaning the dog/cat kennels. Then i would feed all housed animals.
I would hit the streets to patrol for and pick up animals at large. Do proper paperwork for any incoming animals whether picked up on streets or owner surrender.
I learned quite a lot about interactions between animal and humans. I learned how to successfully handle/capture – more... feral dogs and cats as well as wild animals such as skunks, coyotes, hawks and livestock animals.
The hardest part of my job as having to humanely euthanize animals.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the vast variety animals – less
I enjoyed my career with the City of Las Vegas. I had the best Supervisors and got along well with my Managementteam.
Personnel Services Coordinator (Former Employee), near downtownJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great job, pay and co-workers
Cons: politics, favortism and slackers
The City of Las Vegas is an Awesome place to work. There are many talented, fun employees. The benefits are good and so is the pay. There is always something to do and the Management in my department Public Works and also Human Resources are Fantastic.

I am truly Blessed to have had the opportunity to work there.
My job was very fulfilling in helping others
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: having to leave
I learned to know a lot of different cultures and backgrounds. It was a good experience for me.
AWSOME
Receptionist/ Site Leader (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: over too soon
I loved working for the City of Las Vegas. The site that I worked at we were very close knit and the pay wasn't bad either.
great management and co workers
Custodian (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMNovember 7, 2013
Pros: working alone
Cons: shoveling snow
Great working environment and job security. Would recommend it to anyone.
Passion and Purpose
Instructor/Support Staff-Part Time (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2013
Pros: patrons staff and community involvement
Community Orientated
Recreation Staff is in tuned with the needs of the community in which it surrounds.

Programming and employee relations are good.

My favorite part of the day is the interaction with the youth and public.
Always have a high energy day and always leave with a smile
Pool Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2013
Cons: n/a
-I always arrive to work early, because if you are early you are on time, if you are on time you are late, if you are late, i should not even bother.
-I have learned that I have an open mind and am always open to suggestions, which in turn management love that.
-My coworkers are amazing people
-The hardest part of my job to have a frown on my face.
-The – more... most enjoyable part of my job is that I can always find a silver lining. – less
Not for educated people
Computer Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NMJuly 8, 2013
The above ratings say it all. The city of Las Vegas is operated on a nepatism type schema. It is who you know not what you know to work here. You can be any position you want if you know the right people. Legacy from father/mother to siblings.
Council Liaison, Ward 4 (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 8, 2013
Pros: dynamic leadership, compotent professionals
Cons: shrinking budget
Great place to work, fastest growing city for two decades straight. Currenlty in budget crunch which made advancement difficult, but it on the rebound.
The best place I have ever worked.
Employee Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaMarch 28, 2013
Pros: great job and wonderful supervisor.
Cons: when politics get in the way of doing the right thing.
My day was always busy and challenging. I learned about FMLA, ADA, contract, enhanced my negotiation skills. I also learned conflict resolution. Being in an Administrative role as well as a being on the board of directors for a labor organization was one of the best things that ever happened. This is where I learned to balance the employees needs/rights – more... along with managements.

The thing I liked the least was the politics in getting things done.

The most enjoyable part of my job was how many people I was able to help. There is no better feeling. – less
Fun work place
Site Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2013
Interacting with the kids an staff is a great an humbling experience.
Very Productive
Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2013
At the age of 15, this comes as my first Job in my whole life, aside from any chores from home which are also personal jobs. Being said that it's my first job, I was really nervous about the fact that I might messed up in the first day or two. But, thanks to Nevada Partners that thought me the proper workplace behavior and end up being appraised and – more... nicknamed "Speedy Mark." It was a pleasure to work there as my first job. I've learned a lot as a clerk and did various things that I've never done in my life. If anything comes first, I'd like to work there again and show that I've even improved a lot since I was back then. – less
Good place to start
Occupancy Specialist II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: sick and vacation time is managed separate, allowing good vacation
Cons: management rules and regulations vary by division
Learning environment was good. The caseloads were heavy and rules varied from dept to dept.
Good place to start
Occupancy Specialist II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: sick and vacation time is managed separate, allowing good vacation
Cons: management rules and regulations vary by division
Very fun! nice people to be around
Site Leader (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great experience costumer service and working with children
Cons: limited on hours and pay.
From day to day you have a calendar telling you what do do throughout the day/week. I've learned different ways to communicate with children and also adults how to guide a situation on where you want it to go. The management there was great the really looked out for their staff members and did different things to make sure you were fresh and so that – more... you don't get "Burned out." My coworkers were good most of the time. It all depended on their attitudes. most of all we they all knew that we were there for a purpose and that was for the children. The hardest part of the job were at times dealing with parents who knew that they didn't make a payment so at times you have to send their child to the office because the parent didn't pay and when the parent comes in you have to defuse the irate parent. It gets irritating when it keeps happening. – less
THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH UNLIMITED BENEFITS AND GREAT SALARIES.
CORRECTIONS OFFICER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great benefits and wages.
THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK WITH UNLIMITED BENEFITS AND GREAT WAGES.
Lead Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2012
Great company to work for. Great management. Easy schedule for me to maintain. However as temporary employee not guaranteed any work benefits and no employment during the summer.
Productive, organized place to work. Great place to learn job skills.
Senior Assistant Safekey (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch, friendly staff.
Cons: no benefits.
As a cashier I would have to do various tasks to make sure my job was done. For example giving change and making drops. I love working with other people and enjoyed customer service.