City of Las Vegas Employee Reviews

Productive and interactive
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
A very fun and creative workplace. Energy and enthusiasm are a must when working with the children everyday! A very diverse workplace and eye opener to new things and different views.
fulfilling
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMMarch 22, 2017
Being a police officer was fulfilling and I feel that I did my best to keep the peace in the town. My hours were long and kept me away from my family, but I enjoyed what I did for a living.
It was a good working environment with good opportunity.
City of Las Vegas (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMMarch 3, 2017
Working for the City of Las Vegas was a great opportunity as my first employment. On a regular day of work i would drive around, along with other crew members, and go to each park in the city and clean it up by picking up trash and whatever else was necessary. I learned how to be responsible and a good teammate working for the parks department. Nothing about working there was really too hard so i enjoyed the labor.
Fun place
Front Desk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
Great people and a nice environment. Employers are very interactive with employees and always has our best interest at heart. Great job security for full time and part time employees.
Fun workplace to work.
Safekey Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2017
This job is great for you if you love kids. Keeps you active and busy. This job allows you to have all the holidays and breaks off.
Good environment with chances to advance
Streets and Sanitation operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2016
Very good job for someone that looks for long term employment and good benefits. Lots of experience to gain if employed. Very good learning opportunities.
CLV; Aquatics is a fun, relaxing place to work but is very part-time
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2016
As a lifeguard for the city of Las Vegas during the summer you receive, on average, 25-35 hours of work a week. During the off season non-full time staff members are only eligible to receive 19 hours of work a week or 38 per pay period. In the off-season employees are required to complete 4 monthly swimming or First AID/AED/CPR requirements which are posted for all staff to see or they will be removed from the schedule after the month has concluded until those skills are completed. No benefits are offered to part-time staff.
Pros
low stress environment
Cons
very part-time
Good place to work.
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2016
The city of Las Vegas offers its employees good benefits and decent pay. Pay raises are low but study. Equipment is in good working order.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Low yearly raises
The best retirement you can ask for.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
Best place to work. Just show up and do your work. Holidays your off with pay and you have lots of ways to move up the to a better job.
Pros
Wonderful place to work.
Cons
No Cons.
Working For the City of Las Vegas Safekey
Safekey Site Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
Working for the city of Las Vegas Safe key, a typical day at work for me is looking forward to seeing the kids at my school site and doing multiple activities with them.There are many of faces and personalities that i encounter throughout the day from working at safe key .I personally learned a handful of responsibilities such as customer service skills and organization. The hardest part of the job is sometimes controlling 80 kids with the number of 3 staff members at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kids be happy and also being safe at the school site.
Pros
free snacks, great kids, good schools
Cons
no brakes, not fullltime
Fun and Fullfilling workplace
Lifeguard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
Great place to work. Management was helpful. The job promoted a health lifestyle. Benefits wasn't really a factor for me, since I was going to school.
great colleagues
Human Resource's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Great position and worked with class act people. I have nothing more to offer. Not able to give further feedback. Awesome work hours, pay and benefits.
Pros
Great position and worked with class act people.
Cons
na
love it
Safekey Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89113February 15, 2016
amazing place to work will recommend any one there. worked there for 3 years and loved every second there great peolpe working there. would work there in a heart beat.
Great productive environment
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work! I have been able to apply my experiencing and learning here in new ways. I am surrounded by a great group of people with a vast wealth of knowledge.
Nice place to work lack job ethic
Sr. Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2015
Every one is there to collect paycheck and put in their 20 yrs for retirement. Great work environment, very lax, had the mentality of its government, they waste so much money. Infor is not a good system and they should have just got an in house Dev/Programming team, would save millions..
Pros
4 x10's Holidays
Cons
Management lax
Fun Job, Must love Kids
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2015
The computer system you have to use in order to perform any aspect of your position is always crashing from its remote connection. The computers are slow and make it very difficult to get work done when they are connected remotely and not frozen.

there is a lot of redundant paperwork
HR makes the background checks very thorough

VERY understaffed across the valley

It's a fun job that you get to play games with elementary kids for 5-6 hours a day.
Pros
Mid Day break
Cons
No benefits, not so good pay and not full time.
Enjoyed working for this government agency
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Monitor courtroom clerks, provide pristine customer service to general public, supervisory staff and elected officials

You had to learn a lot of patience in this position

I didn't always agree with management decisions as they undermined staff staff but you learn to go with the flow to keep you from getting a bad attitude

continually having clerks call in sick on our busiest days was a constant disruption .

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting through the day without a major catastrophe.
Pros
Overall an enjoyable position
Cons
Supervisors undermining staff
Great Benefits
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, nice judges and attorneys, benefits are great, but there are some unnecessary politics as with any workplace.
Pros
Nice Judges and Attorneys
Cons
Stressful at times
Great Place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2015
Great opportunities and fabulous people! Most definitely an experience that taught me many things.Always room for advancement.
Benefits
Community Health Worker
Planning & Zoning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMSeptember 29, 2015
As a community health worker a person must be very knowledgeable with his/her community and have the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with the client and resources made available for the client. Coordinating your time and being consistent with your appointments is an essential part of the Job. Most important is keeping the Confidentiality required to protect the client and the agency from any HIPPA violations.
Pros
requires the abilty to multi task
Cons
can be overwhelming causing the person to burn out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Las Vegas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2