City of Las Vegas Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Job, Must love Kids
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2015
The computer system you have to use in order to perform any aspect of your position is always crashing from its remote connection. The computers are slow and make it very difficult to get work done when they are connected remotely and not frozen.

there is a lot of redundant paperwork
HR makes the background checks very thorough

VERY understaffed across the valley

It's a fun job that you get to play games with elementary kids for 5-6 hours a day.
Pros
Mid Day break
Cons
No benefits, not so good pay and not full time.
Enjoyed working for this government agency
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
Monitor courtroom clerks, provide pristine customer service to general public, supervisory staff and elected officials

You had to learn a lot of patience in this position

I didn't always agree with management decisions as they undermined staff staff but you learn to go with the flow to keep you from getting a bad attitude

continually having clerks call in sick on our busiest days was a constant disruption .

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting through the day without a major catastrophe.
Pros
Overall an enjoyable position
Cons
Supervisors undermining staff
Nice place to work lack job ethic
Sr. Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2015
Every one is there to collect paycheck and put in their 20 yrs for retirement. Great work environment, very lax, had the mentality of its government, they waste so much money. Infor is not a good system and they should have just got an in house Dev/Programming team, would save millions..
Pros
4 x10's Holidays
Cons
Management lax
great colleagues
Human Resource's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Great position and worked with class act people. I have nothing more to offer. Not able to give further feedback. Awesome work hours, pay and benefits.
Pros
Great position and worked with class act people.
Cons
na
Great productive environment
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work! I have been able to apply my experiencing and learning here in new ways. I am surrounded by a great group of people with a vast wealth of knowledge.
Community Health Worker
Planning & Zoning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NMSeptember 29, 2015
As a community health worker a person must be very knowledgeable with his/her community and have the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with the client and resources made available for the client. Coordinating your time and being consistent with your appointments is an essential part of the Job. Most important is keeping the Confidentiality required to protect the client and the agency from any HIPPA violations.
Pros
requires the abilty to multi task
Cons
can be overwhelming causing the person to burn out
love it
Safekey Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89113February 15, 2016
amazing place to work will recommend any one there. worked there for 3 years and loved every second there great peolpe working there. would work there in a heart beat.
Such a great place to work as you get to learn a lot about the City
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2015
Even though my time working at the city was for a summer, i really enjoyed every day because i felt so welcome in my working environment. A typical work day starts early in the morning to beat the heat, and we would then go out in groups to clean parks and recreational areas. Management was decent in itself, but i felt they were slightly under qualified. The hardest part of the job was mostly the heat beating down on you, as most of our time was spent outdoors. You remember bonding the most, because that made the most memorable moments I made with my co-workers. I cannot recommend the city enough.
Pros
Relatively stress free and flexible hours
Cons
Quick breaks, heat
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Floyd Lamb ParkAugust 22, 2015
I handle cash all throughout the day, answer phone calls and also fax paperwork at the end of the shift. I make annual park passes and military park passes. Overall the job is not hard at all and the work environment is decent. It is a booth that's located right before you enter the park grounds.
Pros
I get a lunch break and dress casual
Cons
The booth is very small
Fun place with little movement
Senior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2015
I started working for the city over 5 months ago and at first is went quiet well, decent pay good hours yet that had changed abruptly as summer fell to a close. with the lack of availability to change occupations through the city it left me out to dry.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
Expect abrupt changes
Great Benefits
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, nice judges and attorneys, benefits are great, but there are some unnecessary politics as with any workplace.
Pros
Nice Judges and Attorneys
Cons
Stressful at times
Great Place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2015
Great opportunities and fabulous people! Most definitely an experience that taught me many things.Always room for advancement.
Benefits
great company
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for the city of las vegas. helping seniors as well as youth has always been something that I really enjoyed. I gained a lot of customer service and computer skills and became a real big people person while working for the city of las vegas.
Fun Summer Job
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2015
As the pool manager, I was able to schedule employees and other trainings within the facility.
Taught multiple swim lessons a day, and loved being able to see the progress of the children as they learned how to swim.
Taught lifeguard training courses and loved teaching future lifeguards the importance of patron safety and pool safety. I was able to be hands on and teaching them proper skills to ensure patron and other crew members safety during pool hours and outside.
Was able to broaden my knowledge of CPR and Lifeguard training as well as Water Safety Instructor skills.
creative enviorment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
I loved the children i worked with they were so much fun and, also so smart for their age. They always made me laugh and smile when i was around them.
Pros
good money
Cons
kinda stressful
I enjoyed working for the City.
Senior Technician/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
The City Of Las Vegas was the best place I ever worked.
A typical day was busy and the busier the better. I learned the value of teamwork to accomplish a goal. Also, my co-workers were team players.
Pros
the pay
Cons
reduced work hours
Supervise students
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Daily activity planning. Interact with children ages 4-10. Assist senior counselors with daily activities. Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude. Supervise students during all activities after school.
Great place to work with top of the line benefits.
HR - Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2015
A great place to work. Enjoy coming to work each day. Some areas have advancement within your department. Excellent benefits.
Pros
parking across the street or bus station down the street. 4-day work week.
Excellent
ANIMAL CONTROL WARDEN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2015
5000 calls per year. Very Hard and busy. Unarmed and very dangerous. To many calls with wild animals and aggressive citizens. The job is under rated by far.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hard and long shifts. Under staffed
Ok job
IT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2014
The most hierarchical IT organizational structure I've ever worked for. Management runs the department similar to a secret society only telling you what they want you to hear. I agree with the other IT poster on here that if you're good at schmoozing and are a good yes woman they will move you to a position of your choice. Culture is non existent because for a lot of people it's just a pay check and/or don't respect the management team.

Training is good, most folks are nice, good budget to work with, free parking DOWNTOWN!
Pros
holidays, vacation, sick time
Cons
average health care

4.2