Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties. Focus for the position will be in GIS and IT.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as Finance, GIS, Water Plant, Waste Water Treatment, Streets, Maintenance, Sanitation, Beautification, Cemetery, Police, Fire, Zoning and Planning, Electrical, Light and Water, City Administration, Human Resources, and IT.
2. Focus on providing immediate IT needs for the City.
3. Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and City policies and practices that affect each phase of the organizations.
4. Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
5. Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
6. Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
7. Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
8. Leads departmental studies and projects focusing on statistical reporting, and process improvement.
9. All administrative and operational duties as assigned by leadership in department that the management trainee is assigned to.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the position, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances dictate. The management trainee will be charged with learning about the organization at all levels. This will require duties that range from entry-level to senior management-level. The ideal candidate should be able to perform all levels of duties within the organization.
Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills. Knowledge of basic computer troubleshooting for both software and hardware. Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company. Position requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Strong analytical skills are required as is the ability to create reports and recommend process improvement changes. Travel between City locations will be required. Lifting up to 40 lbs will be required during some rotations. Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement programs is a plus. A min. of a bachelor degree in business, public administration, computer sciences, or engineering is required. Advanced degrees are a plus but are not required.
The City of Laurinburg is an EOE
The target recruitment range for this position is between $28,894.00- $30,963.00
To apply please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/laurinburgnc/default.cfm and fill out an application online. Resumes from this site will not be accepted as application. To be considered you must fill out an online applicatio. No calls please.