City Of Lawrence Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoy the environment and my co-workers, but there is little room for growth.
Administrative Support II (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 4, 2012
It's never a typical day at work and always different on a daily basis.

I've learned I need to be extremely flexible and to know all aspects of everyone's job to fill in when needed.

I absolutely love my co-worker and they have been a joy work with for the last 4 1/2 years. They all have a great sense of humor.

The hardest part of my job is nothing stays the same and you have to always learn new things on a daily basis and be willing to fill in where ever needed at a minutes notice.

The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers in the office on a walk-in basis and/or incoming calls for customer service and the city switchboard.
Fun Part Time Job
Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 6, 2013
As a lifeguard this is an excellent opportunity for part time work (or even full time as a student) however it is not somewhere you stay if you want to advance. A typical day includes cleaning, guarding the pool, responding to emergencies and patron issues, and planning and teaching swimming lessons. The schedule is fairly flexible due to the large number of guards available and they will work with you. It is a very fun loving environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patron issues but your co-workers make it enjoyable. In this job I learned about keeping a delicate balance between instructing patrons and being respectful to keep them happy. I also learned about time management and planning and gained hands on experience teaching several age levels on my own, from toddler to elementary school.
Pros
fun work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, little room for advancement
I enjoy working with special needs children
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Lawrence maNovember 14, 2012
I deal with parents, home visit, teach in small group. I work with 7-8 graders. my job is full time.
Pros
vacations, bonus
Cons
not enough money
Is a good place to work the people are nice.
Utilities Operator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 5, 2012
Is a good place to work. The people who you work with make the job interesting.
Pros
good retirement.
Cons
to many politics.
Basic Goverment Job
Recreation Facility Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 2, 2014
Basic secure city government job, needs better management.