CITY OF LEAGUE CITY

CITY OF LEAGUE CITY Employee Reviews

Great Place to work and live
Construction Inspector (Current Employee), League City, TXDecember 7, 2014
Friendly place to work. People help and support each other. Well structured. The city is a wonderful place to work and live.
Great place to work if you want to stay local
WasteWater Plant Operator (Current Employee), League City, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: you get 7 min past he hour to arrive to work before being deducted time
Cons: nobody wants to play their position, power hungry individuals
A typical Work days revolves around safety and also plant and state regulations.my Co-Workers are a huge asset to my job because everyone helps each other out when it comes to being safe.The hardest part of the job is making the correct decisions when its "crunch time".
Different Day to Day
Animal Control Supervisor (Former Employee), League City, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: working with the animals.
Cons: dealing with people who don't care about their animals.
Always busy. I learned a lot about animals. Management was not always easy to work with. Loved my co-workers. Euthanizing and seeing abused animals. Seeing animals walk out the door either to their owner or adoption. The Animals made me smile everyday.
Very interesting work in the Public sector
Director of Public Works (Former Employee), League City, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: terrific city employees and citizens to work with on a daily routine.
Cons: difficulty getting everything done within budgetary constraints.
Managed all Public Works evolutions within the City and interfaced with the surrounding city personnel and management. Learned much about City infrastructure maintenance and upgrading difficulties. Great, diversified co-workers, highly intelligent and motivated to improve the City for the citizens. Most difficult part of the job was keeping the citizens aware of the City's infrastructure status and how financial requirements frequently would override the needs of the City.
All is good at city except the maintenance department management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), League City TexasOctober 5, 2014
Pros: several connects with different people.
Cons: immediate boss and hr not believing my side
I really liked working for the city except for my immediate supervisor Tony. I did everything that was assigned to me and did to the best of my ability, I put 110% into every job I did. But found out that he was telling other departments lies that I was not doing my job and did not know what I was doing. I am a very outgoing person and talk to everyone in all departments so I had made several friends in each department and they all felt like I should know what he had been saying. I confronted him and he denied everything so I went to HR and told them everything. He came over there and again denied everything and they believed him over me.
Very Productive, always work to be done
Senior Sign Tech (Current Employee), League City Tx.April 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, and some discounts you receive by being a city employee
Cons: rarely get overtime
Working for the city is a good experience.You get good benefits.You also get allot of chances to get certifications and learn how to run heavy equipment. At time the management can be hard to work with far as your best interest is concerned but if your main concern is work then u should have no problems.The hardest part of the job is trying to make everybody happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the bonds that you make while working with others.
Great place to work!
Planner (Current Employee), League City, TXMarch 15, 2014
Love my job! I have a great boss, and I get to work on a wide variety of different projects.
Nice relaxed job
Crewman (Former Employee), League City, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great hours, benefits
Cons: low pay
it varied from clearing fence lines, to running barbwire fencing and maintenance on pumps and motors

I learned the basic skill of repairing water valve, line and pump.

the hardest part of the job was learning all of the chemical levels in a tank and knowing how much water flow was allowed to go out to the general public. After a few months of on job teaching I figured it out.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working so close to home
The people you work side by side with are great !
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), League City, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: lots of days off and time with my family.
Cons: not a lot of room to grow with the city.
I liked the time I was there just did not pay enough. The work was not hard just wanted to be in a place where I could grow. The City Of League City is a good place for a young kid in his mid 20"s that hs the time to wait for someone to retire or leave and move up. Plus it's not what you know it's who you know.
Very busy sometimes crazy place that kept me on my toes
Animal Control Officer/Back up Office Clerk (Former Employee), League City, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very few breaks
There was always change with my job responsibilities and I always was able to ask questions. We were for the most part always short handed and I felt comfortable enough with my experience to be able to do any job duties necessary. Whatever area we needed help in, I would jump in and get the job done. I did everything from cleaning to handling cash to invoicing.
NOT a good place to work.
Animal Shelter Worker (Former Employee), League City, TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: benefits were good.
Cons: work enviroment, abuse of employees
City of League City care nothing about their employees or their safety, The risk management employee gave her two weeks notice and left after two years because she was asked to justify her job, not because she wasn't doing her job but because they thought money was more important than keeping their employees safe.

At the animal shelter where I worked, the animals were kept alive to suffer from illnesses in their kennels because the manager wanted to acquire a "NO KILL" status. So instead of humanely euthanizing animals that were either too feral to be adopted or became ill while in an over crowded shelter they were left to die a slow miserable death in their kennels where they eventually succumbed to their illness or just went plain crazy from being in small kennels for such a long time.

The managers played favorites with certain employees and if you were not a favorite employee you were treated badly and your ideas and concerns are ignored.
Being a front line care taker of these animals I was the one who had to watch them die slowly and miserably. Not to mention that I was so overworked that now I have maybe a permanent issue with my left hand, the very hand that is my dominant hand and has now interfered with my personal life and also as limits my work life.
And then when I went to voice my concerns about the shelter and management I was called a liar and told that since I did not have as many years experience as the "Shelter Manager" that I did not have the right to question her ability or to even offer solutions to the problems. By the way the "Shelter Manager" was the chief of police of a medium sized Island City before becoming the shelter manager of another facility that she was asked to NOT come back to.
SOOOO NO I would not recommend the City of League City to anyone. But I guess in these desperate times you have to do what you have to do.
A very productive employer
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), League City, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: was able to lear alot
Landscaping/Parks & maintenance
•Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
•Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
•Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots, and spread salt in those areas.
•Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
•Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
•Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
•Gather and remove litter.
•Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand and power tools.
•Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
•Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
Proactive Day to Day operations of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources/Civil Service (Former Employee), League City, TXAugust 22, 2012
Pros: suppotive management
Cons: position ended
Managed all aspects of Human Resources and Risk Management
An excellent place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Water UtilitiesApril 3, 2012
Freedom to vary day to day activities and make your own place in the group. Opportunity to learn many critical systems while providing public safety through water treatment quality. Company maintains high standards of performance and expects employees to present a professional appearance at all times.

August 23, 2012

Applied for a position months ago but still haven't heard anything but the job is still posted. How long do they wait before filling positions. Is there anyone you can talk to , to find out when and if interviews will start. I would love an opportunity to have an interview and at least find out if I would be considered for employment.

Great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Administrative Executive Assistant (Former Employee), League City, TexasJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: political
This was a municipality and had wonderful benefits. It offers great retirement and opportunities for advancement.