City of Lewisville

City of Lewisville Employer Reviews

Enjoyable environment
Park Attendant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 1, 2014
Cash handling, customer interaction, answering customer questions, knowledge of department telephone numbers, knowledge of park policies and rules. Annual park passes and single day pass sales.End of shift paperwork. Can be slow, bring homework or a book and activities.
Great place to work there was alot of teamwork
Licensed "C" Surface Water (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: allowed time off when needed
Cons: working lunch
Prepares chemical solutions and calibrate process instruments
Performs calculations for chemical additions. Records hourly meter readings and backwash filters based on head loss readings
Fills and adjusts chemical feeders.
Learn the process of water production
Management were both very willing to work with individuals and teach them the proper procedure and processes.
All my co-workers were awesome to work with with the exception of two but I'd learned to get along.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the newer technology.
The best part of the job was that I was close to home and iI had great guys to work with.
Productive and friendly working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Temporary) (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 23, 2014
Answered the phones, placed building inspections and permits. Scanned in plans and documents. Data entry
Lewisville's finest
Sanitation and Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Lewisville, ArkansasAugust 19, 2014
A typical day would be to ride on the back of the trash truck and pick up all the trash in the City of Lewisville. However as resources began to dwindle my job duties increased to maintenance of city property as well.
Learned how to adapt to any type of weather.
Management was good to the city workers, they treated us fairly.
My co-workers were good to work with and never had a problem with any of them.
The hardest part of the job was being outside in the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job was payday and going home to my family.
Largely a good place put with poor management.they have a tendancey to play favoratism by promoting un-qualified canidates.
Equipment Operator / Team Lead (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: they have some great lunch's at the shop and the lake / 4 day work week.
Cons: no morning break a 30 minute lunch and no afternoon break on a 10 hour day
Doing asphalt repair's removing. Removal and replacement of materials. Training a new equipment operater to help with the daily responibilities. Training of the three crew-leaders and one foreman in the past year in all aspects of asphalt repair plus supervice two mantinance work's and two temporary laborer's. My Crewleader and operator are new but seem to be fast learners. The two maintenance worker's are descent people but lean to the lazy side. It's hot and can be dirty and fisicaly demamding. I would not have been in this business for over 20 yrs. if I didn't love what I do. I love working out-doors.
Fun place to work
Recreational Leader (Former Employee), Lewisville, TxNovember 8, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: lots of kids
Loved working there with kids. It was stressful but I enjoyed working there.
Good place to work!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lewisville, TexasOctober 14, 2013
Pros: benefits!!
Cons: low on man power.
Great place to work!! City of Lewisville is a great professional place to work. They have ongoing training opprotunities and a Great HR Department.
Good production and good environment to work in
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free leadership classes
Cons: healthcare
Work days started at 6:30am. I created work assignments for the crew members. Learned new skills about leadership. Enjoyed working with foreman and supervisors. I formed good working relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being out in the heat and humidity all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the new things I got to learn and implement.
City of Lewisville - Aquatics
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 10, 2013
Pros: summer time and the living's easy
Cons: seasonal position
The PALS office ROCKED back in 2010. However, I haven't worked there in 3 years so I don't know what it's like now.
Good place to work.
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Lewisville TexasApril 12, 2013
Pros: operating heavy equipment
It was good to work with most of the people and not so good with a few.
Emergency Management Intern (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 12, 2012
• Investigate potential threats to the area; Advised citizens of hazards in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on the public speaking road show; Provided information to citizens on what to do when an emergency does happen; Input Tier 2 reports into Tier 2 submit; Build relationship with the citizens of the area so they can believe there is assistance in case of an emergency.