City of Longmont Employee Reviews

Focused work environment, many staff training opportunities
Lifeguard for the Summer at multiple facilities (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO 80501June 14, 2017
Good management, great people to work with, they did a good job at keeping people trained on their Lifeguarding skills. Can be overwhelming at certain pools that are busier, such as Sunset.
Only temps allowed
Grounds Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 4, 2017
City of Longmont only hires temporary employees so you can never get benefits or a stable position. I worked for the city for 14 years but they would only keep me employed during the summer months.
Good Benefits and Job Security
CSO Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 30, 2017
Working for the City of Longmont, as with any employer, has good points and bad points. For 16 years it's been mostly good. For the most part direct supervisors are supportive. They encourage you to use skills that are outside your normal job requirements. There are opportunities to become involved in projects and community programs that also are outside of an individual's essential duties. In some positions there isn't necessarily a lot of opportunity for advancement but there is considerable job security within each position.
Relaxed Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CO 80501April 21, 2017
Even though there was always work to do, the environment felt relaxed. It was a small office but plenty of work got done in the small space. Working there was great!
forward thinking company
Administrator/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 15, 2016
excellent opportunity working with a grant fund and the community of Longmont. Interesting to see the many health care providers collaborate with community resources.
Great team to work with
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoy the office aspect of this job and I really like my co-workers. I love helping the customers that come in to work out or take classes.
Pros
Great team of co-workers, excellent supervisor, discount on recreation passes.
Cons
No benefits, having to work with the homeless population without previous training, some homeless that come to use the shower or lobby are dangerous and I do not feel safe at my job
City of Longmont
Meter Tech (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 16, 2015
This was a great place to work. I really enjoyed my time working for the city of longmont. Every day was different, i did hydrant maintenance and repair, along with clearing water mains. I learned a lot and i got to work with some really great people.
A place to work with diverse people.
Floods Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed the opportunity to work with people from different countries. I learned that teamwork is the best way to produce exceptional results.
Pros
Teamwork. Diverse workforce
nice supervisors
Parks maintenance (Former Employee) –  City parksMay 14, 2012
I enjoyed it, but its seasonal
there is no room for advancement
I enjoy working for the city of Longmont. The crew we have is very special to me.
Operation and Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 25, 2012
The crew for the Water and Wastewater plants are very nice and out going, could not ask for a better crew. Never know what the day is going to bring, we have takin on alot of extra work with parks and water treatment plant operations. I have learned alot with being apart of this crew, from water/wastewater treatment plants to running pump maintenance with parks
Pros
its a fun place to work
Cons
dont really have one