City of Longview Employee Reviews

Unethical
Utility Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 11, 2016
A typical day involved customer dispute resolution. Management set the policies and would clearly dismiss them whenever it was more convenient to do so.
I was able to learn about software integration, and conflict resolution.
Management created an environment of sabotage and office gossip. Maintaining a relationship with them was similar to being in a volatile marriage.
My coworkers and employees are truly wonderful people who try very hard every day to accomplish all deadlines while providing the best customer service they could provide.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with a group of managers and directors who ran audits on everything we did, at one point there were more employees auditing my department than there were employees in my department.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make changes rapidly and come up with creative solutions to help my employees with easier methods to accomplish their task.
Pros
Lower level employees are wonderful
Cons
Unethical Culture
Great group of peopl to work with
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longview Texas City HallOctober 17, 2015
The work environment is wonderful the compensation versus what you are called on to do is not up to industry standards. Thennetwork environment is very strong, and the IT support team is very knowledgable. The computers are a little outdated, but are in the process of upgrading, the management is great, and the ork is very professional
Pros
Great Medical Benefits
Cons
Salary needs adjusting
A rewarding career.
CODE COMPLIANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 15, 2013
My years at this job offered the opportunity to utilize my inter-personal skills in a team oriented environment. I was able to apply effective negotiation techniques and yet remain firm in carrying out the duties of my job. I was allowed to work relatively unsupervised and at my own discretion most of the time.
Pros
excellent benefits and job security.
Cons
occasional confrontations with irate citizens.
Great benefits, but terrible management
Assistant Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 11, 2012
I was a great employee, and worked very hard, but with a change of management, people started losing their jobs for no reason. I'd be careful if I took a job there again.

Now that I don't work there, I was able to stop taking my anxiety medicine and my sleeping medicine.
benefits
Cons
management will fire you if they decide they don't like you, regardless of job performance.
Great Municipality
MUNICIPAL COURT CLERK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 16, 2015
The City of Longview is a great place to grow because they assist in your personally development. The individuals working there were always happy and ready to work. Really miss it there.
Pros
Great work conditions
Cons
pay
good workplace great coworkers
public works (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 25, 2012
a typical day at work consist of up roads laying ashfalt to make better roads for our city digging ditched for better drains you basicly learn how to make keep our streets in top condition our management was outstanding i got along with all my coworkers we had a great team the hardest thing i would say was the summer heat but you learn to adjust but i think my most enjoyable part of my job was haven a great team to work with that is what helps you get through your day being abl to have fun and get the job done
Great way to meet new people
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 14, 2015
Working for the city of longview was a huge blessing. I got to meet new people ever day and better yet I got to work in a great enviroment with employees that love to make people smile.
Fun work place
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  LONGVIEW, TEXASNovember 22, 2011
Working for the city of longview was an awesome experience. It allowed me the opportunity to advance.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
excellent place to work, great supervisors and excellent management.
crew chief/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 8, 2012
working for the city of longview was a great place to work at. the managers treat everybody with respect. supervisors trerated there hands with respect also. there was no backstabbing, or moving to positions if u couldnt do the job. if you could do the job u got it. at cudd they just threw people in position and it was alot of cut throat.
Fun and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 12, 2013
Great place to work!! Always made you feel special on birthdays or any other great events in your life and always giving you that shoulder to cry on when you may experience death or other things with family. Truly at the time my second family whom I loved
Good organization to work for.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Staff is committed to providing quality services to the citizens of Longview, Texas.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2013
It was a good place to start as a young person the city of Longview instilled good work habits and I am grateful for that.

4.3