City of Longview

City of Longview Employer Reviews

A rewarding career.
CODE COMPLIANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and job security.
Cons: occasional confrontations with irate citizens.
My years at this job offered the opportunity to utilize my inter-personal skills in a team oriented environment. I was able to apply effective negotiation techniques and yet remain firm in carrying out the duties of my job. I was allowed to work relatively unsupervised and at my own discretion most of the time.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 9, 2013
It was a good place to start as a young person the city of Longview instilled good work habits and I am grateful for that.
good workplace great coworkers
public works (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 25, 2012
a typical day at work consist of up roads laying ashfalt to make better roads for our city digging ditched for better drains you basicly learn how to make keep our streets in top condition our management was outstanding i got along with all my coworkers we had a great team the hardest thing i would say was the summer heat but you learn to adjust but – more... i think my most enjoyable part of my job was haven a great team to work with that is what helps you get through your day being abl to have fun and get the job done – less
excellent place to work, great supervisors and excellent management.
crew chief/supervisor (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 8, 2012
working for the city of longview was a great place to work at. the managers treat everybody with respect. supervisors trerated there hands with respect also. there was no backstabbing, or moving to positions if u couldnt do the job. if you could do the job u got it. at cudd they just threw people in position and it was alot of cut throat.
Great benefits, but terrible management
Assistant Pool Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 11, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management will fire you if they decide they don't like you, regardless of job performance.
I was a great employee, and worked very hard, but with a change of management, people started losing their jobs for no reason. I'd be careful if I took a job there again.

Now that I don't work there, I was able to stop taking my anxiety medicine and my sleeping medicine.
FUN WORK PLACE
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), LONGVIEW, TEXASNovember 22, 2011
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
WORKING FOR THE CITY OF LONGVIEW WAS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. IT ALLOWED ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE.