City of Los Angeles Employee Review

View all City of Los Angeles reviews

Great environment
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2014
For me, working for the Department of Water and Power was a wonderful, albeit trying at times, experience. Could not be a better bunch of people to work with or for. Upper management was questionable at best with organizational decisions, but the environment itself worked very well for me.

Typical day was hectic as there were always numerous incoming telephone calls, filing to be done, correspondence to be prepared, information to be located. This made the day go by very quickly most of the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was understanding and dealing with upper management's decisions and actions taken.
Pros
Co-workers, easy access to work location, compensation and benefits
Cons
Understaffing, questionable upper management actions/decisions

Other City of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work for - Opportunities unlimited
Senior Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
Overall the City of Los Angeles, is an awesome place to work for. However, if you are outspoken, outgoing, experienced, and a worker-bee - you must find the right fit. Some Managers are threatened by the above traits, therefore, it may be harder to advance.
Pros
Holidays, Step Increases
Cons
Unable to be yourself if outgoing and well experienced
Productive and caring.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2017
A typical day of work was to assist women and children indeed of a place to live, i.e. shelter. Learned that many women and children need help by the City of Los Angeles for a safe place to live. There was no hard part of this type of job and the most enjoyable part was watching the children having fun in a safe location, which brought joy to my heart.