City of Los Angeles

City of Los Angeles Employer Reviews

Job Review
City of Los Angeles (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Worked processing the City of Los Angeles parking Meter Revenue. I learned math & writing skills & how to supervise employees. Co workers were happy when kept working & busy. Hardest part of my job was dumping heavy canisters & most enjoyable was knowing that I had contributed my skills as best I could.
It is a wonderful experience to work for the City of Los Angeles
Park Maintenance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great family-like environment to work
Cons: juggling between union and management needs
As with any career, working for the City of Los Angeles offers the individual an incredible opportunity to be the best you can be. It is up to the individual to pursue the opportunities to advance. With proper personal motivation, anyone can achieve their dreams. The city offers benefits corporations can't. The retirement system is the best I've ever seen.
Start of something New
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: ecm education
Cons: unfinihsed ecm project due to bureacracy
At typical work day starts with overall systems check on the server and peripherals. What I leaned career on ECM solution here, has created a passion for content management. Management is OK, coworkers are great. Hardest part, getting laid off. Most enjoyable riding the train to work.
I love my job
Clerk (Former Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 19, 2015
I love working for the City of Los Angeles, I have been working part time as a pool clerk for 9 years now, I enjoy the people I work with and the hours are very flexible.
fun workplace
Janitor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2015
a typical day at work was fun day management was great my coworkers and supervisors were a helpful hand very reliable. work for the city was one of my favorite jobs to be apart of
Up Beat work Place
Project Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: i learn new things on different case just about every day
Cons: sometimes you have to make breaks shorter to get an dead line done
On a daily I can look up well over 100 accounts per day to make sure everything is up to date,it keeps me busy and doing something at all times. The way everything is done now with different systems it's really amazing on how every thing is stored now.
A productive workplace despite cuts and bureaucracy
Clerk Typist (Current Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: productive work environment
I have been working here for many years at my department. This group is hard working despites growing work and demand that at times over burden the work place and problems from other places have given to us.
allways somthing to do
Maintenance & Construction Helper (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: benifets
Cons: comute time home
leared a lot while working here.
co-workers were great to work with and learn from.
typical management bi weekly safety meetings but have a lot of usefull info.can learn more from other shops an works threw group projects.advancment is difficult at times due to having to take tests an wait for a job to open an hope there isn't 5000 other people wanting the same job.
Large variety of work to perform
senior construction inspector (Former Employee), City of Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2014
Good place to work. Training was excellent. Co workers were easy to work with and we had a high number of knowledgable employees.
Great Benefits
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2014
Great job for stability. Great coworkers. Holidays off. Hard to promote.
great place to work
Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great people skills type job...
Cons: the hours have become less..
I've been working for the city for 14 years as a crossing guard although I have enjoyed this job over the years the hours been cut would really like to carry on with the city but in a more full time basis.... the city has been a great place to work for I had the opportunity to work alongside some great people, had great experience working with the public.... the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the children and parents I enjoy the friendly atmosphere....everyone knows who I am and I like that about this job. then a typical day consists of watching the traffic surveying it and when it is safe to do so escort my children safely across the street.... I've learned a lot on this job and is always great to learn something new
great place to work
Crossing Guard (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great people skills type job...
Cons: the hours have become less..
The opportunity to work and make a difference in the community is amazing.
Field Representative/ Senior Citizen Section (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: development of a limitedness knowledge base.
Cons: there are no benefits for part time employees
I thoroughly enjoy working for the Senior Citizen Section. Planning citywide multicultural events is both challenging and rewarding.
always something interesting to work at.
Maintenance Painter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: interesting people to work with
Cons: a few difficult personalities at times, but overall positive experience.
I had a very challenging and interesting work career at the City of Los Angeles.
Fast paced office environment. Requires the ability to multi-task.
Principal Clerk Police Levels I- III (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: developed excellent rapport with co-workers and supervisors. learned to be a team player.
Cons: continuous hiring freezes, extremely difficult to replace staff, and large work loads with reduced staff.
A typical day at work would start with resetting security passwords for those returning from vacation or staff that would simply forget their login passwords. I would check all telephone messages and respond to them. Check supplies to ensure all office supplies were in stock and not running low. I would check the incoming work tray to ensure priority reports were being processed in a timely manner. If there was no staff available I would process the priority reports. Afterwards I would check sign-in sheets and enter the previous day attendance records. When needed I would assist in answering incoming telephonic requests for help and information on how to obtain copies of reports. I was liaison to outside law enforcement entities as well as liaison to supply division and sister stations. I spent my entire career attending workshops on supervision, management, leadership, and effective communication skills offered through the Cities resource programs and classes.
A place when the growth of the youth is in your hands
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: being a role model, field trips and working with a family
Cons: gets really hot sometimes
Walking into the center where the kids are happy to see you because they know your there to provide them with developmental and fun filled activities. They know that you'll be there when they get hurt as well as when they need someone to talk to. The most important part is leading youth in the right direction. The hardest part is going home at the end of the day .
I REALLY EJOYED WORKING WITH MY CO-WOKERS
Correctional Nurse (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: able to schedule your work days.
Cons: better health benefits
WITH EACH JOB I HAVE ENJOYED WORKING WITH MY COWORKERS,AND I ENJOYED THE FREEDOM THAT CAN WITH JOB SINCE THIS WAS A PRISON FACILITY.
Very productive
Senior Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2014
Loved the people. Great place to work for. Opportunity to promote. Great benefits. Flexible schedule.
Productive and potential experience
Admissions Park Attendant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free access to the zoo
Cons: working conditions, short breaks, no access to clean, cold water on hot days, no break room.
Very busy work place when it comes to the time of the season where it picked up. Cultural visitors and interactive responsibilities. Interesting people to work with from different places and varies ages. the hardest part of the job was not being able to multiply myself to help the visitors more. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting smiles on peoples faces. Learning a few things each day from either the visitors or coworkers.
Fast paced work environment; flexibility important.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: enjoyed talking to people on the phone and enjoyed people i worked with.
Cons: it took 3 hours travel time to get (to and fro). job too far from home.
The City of Los Angeles - Bureau of Sanitation. I would interface with the public by phone taking requests to start service; to receive containers; to pickup and replace broken containers; to investigate containers overfilled; or containers missed on pickup, besides handling walk-in's for container pickup. I interfaced with drivers by dispatch to check locations, truck breakdowns, injuries, and accidents; printed out and distributed requests for drivers. Other requests taken are special collections for bulky item pick up of furniture, appliances; metal; wood, and yard trimmings. I scheduled hearings for truck drivers Accidents and Injuries for disciplinary actions. I filled out forms and kept records of both Accidents and Injuries of drivers, and maintained reports on both. I did data entry of 6541 dump slips at the end of each day on the SCRMIS system. After completing all entries, a print out needed to be done and each was checked for balance, corrections made and a new printout made, and distributed for each supervisor and one set for the District Manager.

1 2 3 4 5