City of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Productive and great learning experience
Special Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
This was a great opportunity for me as this was my first job coming out of high school. I appreciate the opportunity I had with the city of Los Angeles.
Excellent place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2017
Great benefits, and plenty of way to promote, and plenty of classes and opportunities for training to learn more about your job, and great opportunities for growth, classes on top of classes to help you develop and be all the company has for you. A great revenue of jobs and departments to grow, glow and shine through.
Pros
Plenty of places to eat, right by a mall, and just a nice environment
Cons
short breaks
Productive, calm environment
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2017
I`ve utilized my computer knowledge, as well as learned a lot of new computer skills. It is usually a calm environment, even when we are busy. The other employees are easy to work and get along with. It`s nice to deliver documents around the city.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
no parking
Great pay and benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2017
15 years working here was great. The pay was good. Had a ton of overtime potential. Had a mixed batch of supervisors some really good some really bad.
City Craft Worker
City Craft Assistant (Former Employee) –  272 Fries AveMarch 6, 2017
Working for the city of Los Angeles (Port of L.A.) was a tremendous experience. Although we were budgeted (reason for being layed-off) i was able to learn a lot from construction, tree trimming, gardening, painting to office work e.g. pay-roll, time-sheets and ship and receiving, i did it all. There was really nothing hard about the job when your enjoying what your doing. Most enjoyable i would say was pretty much everything form work hours to pay to the people.
Pros
Evrything
Incorrect review title
Philanthropy Chair/Treasurer Sigma Alpha Epsilon (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
Asking me to review City of los angeles instead of organization I worked for. Something is wrong with your parser. I can't seem to opt out of it so here you go.
Providing quality customer service
Parking Violations Bureau Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2017
The job gives me a opportunity to provided excellent Customer Service. Since I have been employed at this company I have been educated on many violations I was unaware of myself. PRWT is a excellent company to work for and it has been my pleasure.
Pros
Over Time
Cons
I have none
Great Place!
Pool Manager I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I have been here for 9 years and am only leaving due to my schooling coming to a conclusion soon. Time for me to move on to bigger and better things with my degree.
Busy fast paced with alot of overtime.
City Craft Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I was content with my job and the associates I worked with. The position was very challenging, due to the fact that a high degree of attention had to be focused on equipment and safety.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
no work on rainy days
interesting and uplifting
Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Every task was meaningful as it impacted the lives of Angelenos. Understanding all parties involved helped me to respect and run the extra mile to reach the goals of the team.
Parks and rec
Assistant Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I have worked at several parks and it has ranged in likability. the current park i am at now is amazing. they work well with my schedule and i have very many opportunity for hours
Job security that comes with typical government employees and hostile management.
Tax Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2017
hostile work environment
discriminatory workplace
pay for your water
employees have to donate items that break in the kitchen
no break room provided
City Of LA Golf
Park Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJanuary 13, 2017
The Golf division of the city of Los Angeles is run well with good pay and decent part time hours. the free golf is a good bonus as well as the cafe
Pros
free golf once a week, flexible hours
Cons
hard to become full time, limited hours
Enjoyable job
Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
This job was a great experience but did not promise full time postions even after being an employee for two years, besides that I loved the joy, supervisors and coworkers.
It was a good work place
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  5860 Wilton pl la CA 90044January 6, 2017
I am a equipment operator I have 17 years of experience operating all types of equipment all so drive tractor trailers loading equipment on to trailers moving from job site to job site
Pros
Lunch
Cons
2 brakes
Great work environment
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for the city of Los Angeles because everything I worked for along with everything that was offered was highly beneficial to me and my family
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Difficult advancement
Great diverse company to work for
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
Great company to work for great benefits. Company is very outgoing with employees needs. Everyone is nice and helps you out. Managers are very nice and understanding.
Fun workplace nice enviorment
Messenger clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Typical days at work was very fun, I enjoyed working with employees who are also good friends. I also liked the extended lunches given.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Good Benefits
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2016
Benefits are good, was better prior to the recession. City just out of a hiring freeze so hopefully more jobs and room for advancement opportunities are created and you don't spend nearly 15 years waiting for someone to die or retire in order to promote or transfer.
loved it
Locker Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2016
Recommends

Positive Outlook

Pros

Trained me as if I were a new hire and tried to give me as much experience as possible. Truly wanted me to learn the ins and outs and gain knowledge while I interned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Los Angeles. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4