City of Los Angeles

City of Los Angeles Employer Reviews

I was happy to work in this place.
Refuse Collection Truck Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2014
If was the worse mistake that I did.;leave the City of Los Angeles job.
Great
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Fast paced. working with public and private sector. Highly political. motivated to work hard on a daily basis. always willing to learn more and educate myself with my surroundings. Extremeley loyal employee
Hands on experience learning about irrigation
Special Program Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay and hands on learning
Cons: extremely early job hours and working in extreme conditions for long periods of time.
We started at 4:00 in the morning every day Monday through Friday. It was tiring because of all the work we had to do from replacing the PVC valves and digging trenches, changing screws, laying sod and the like. The management was awesome and they knew what they were doing because they had years of experience in that line of work. My co-workers were – more... great and fun to work with. No complaints there. The hardest part of the job was getting my engine running that early in the morning, but after I did that, it was smooth sailing. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to all the different parks around the county of Los Angeles and being able to help the people experience a well taken care of park. – less
review
Recreational Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: review
review great job look forward to working with them
working in los angeles
Gret job
Communication Information Representative III (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 17, 2013
Great company to work for, excellent benefits. This company is there to assist their employees. A day at work can be very busy, but well worth it.
Busy environment but exciting all the time
Airport Guide (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
LAX is one of the most exciting places to work with all the different kinds of people you get to meet being such a big International airport. Much is to be learned about global cultures within a few minutes of interaction wit travelling passengers.
Good working Enviroment
Public Works Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2013
• Assist Senior Engineer with site visits and surveys
• Prepare sewer repair designs using Navigate LA
• Review and organize construction specifications, plans, costs, and change orders
Good job to have.
Crossing guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed walking the kids to and from across the street makeing sure they got to school safe.
counselor ropes course jock
Camp Counselor/Ropes Course Jock (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2013
supervise children and ropes course. cpr certified first aid
productive fun work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2013
Enjoyed this place of employment, unfortunately due to Budget crisis part time workers are always the first to go.
Tax Lien Certificates advise
Full time Bail Auditor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2013
The Tax Lien Institute provide investors with important information regarding tax lien investments. This information will enable you, the investor, to make informed, intelligent investment decisions with regard to tax liens and tax deed investments.
Great Place to work
Clerk Typist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: pay
Los Angeles Convention Center !! Great place to work. Very busy work day.
Comments
Management Analyst I (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: benefit package, which includes not only salary, but pension, medical and dental insurance as well as other investment opportunities.
Cons: lack of career opportunities and the pay was very stagnate over the past few years.
My career with the City of Los Angeles was very positive and I really do not have anything negative to say that I have decided to make a change in careers due to personal choice. I have a wish to work at a job, which not only pays well, but offers plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Very Political
Educational Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2013
It's a very easy job but you can really go out of your mind. It's very political and if you get on someone's bad side, you will be the center of conversation.
Overall a very helpedfull department
Communication Information Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: very hard to move up when your stuck on a classification
Great place to start a career. Always looked forward to working with professional people. Loved the challenge
Very friendly place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAAugust 26, 2013
The Harbor Department helps generate a lot of revenue for the City and working there amazing. Very friendly atmosphere and the people are very helpful. Great experience.
Unjust and problematic environment workforce.
Traffic Officer II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unjust.
Unjust working environment with unsafe working conditions.
great benefits and retirement
Construction Assistant/ Buyer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2013
Buy construction materials for construction projects, create purchase orders and call vendors for best pricing. Review pricing quotes and place orders based on best pricing.
Fast paced and deadline driven position requiring wide knowledge of construction.
Contract Administration Inspector (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great career and changing environment.
Cons: very heavy responsibility, personal liability.
I worked as a Contract Administration Inspector which entailed an extremely comprehensive knowledge of construction practices, techniques, local and state codes, as well as an ethical, authoritative quality. We were in charge of public works improvements such as paving, curb and gutter, underground pipeline placement, and large-scale municipal improvements, – more... such as civil infrastructure like Police and Fire stations.
We were the on-site eyes and mediator between the contractors and the City of Los Angeles. It was a great experience that forced me to constantly learn and improve and update my knowledge. – less
Productive Workplace, Very Professional and Organized.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: benefits for full time employees.
This was overalll a great place to work at. Co-workers were always very professional, friendly and productive. Everything got done in a timely manner. Every single day was enjoyable, especially because everyone worked together.