City of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Start of something New
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2015
At typical work day starts with overall systems check on the server and peripherals. What I leaned career on ECM solution here, has created a passion for content management. Management is OK, coworkers are great. Hardest part, getting laid off. Most enjoyable riding the train to work.
Pros
ecm education
Cons
unfinihsed ecm project due to bureacracy
Diverse, Fun, Professional
HR Coordinator/Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2014
The City of Inglewood is where it all began for me career wise. Here I was able to gain career direction. I loved this position as I was able to gain skill by being not only employed but mentored by some of the most successful attorney's in the Los Angeles County.
Pros
professional, growth, great experience
Cons
furlough days required by government
Nothing surprised you here.
Supervisor/Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2012
I have learned so much from this Department it has given me the knowledge I need to in order to advance my career. Every day was a new day each it came with its own problems and tasks. I was lucky to have had the honor to work with so many professional and amazing people over the years.
Perfect work/life balance.
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2013
Work from 7-8:30am` leave, and go do whatever I want. Come back at 2-3:30, and im done for the day. We get paid 2 extra hours every shift, so it all works out. Its a independent position.
Pros
off on weekends, and holidays.
Cons
no school, no work.
Great People and Place to Work
SENIOR CLERK TYPIST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2012
If you like helping people this is the place to work. It can be a challenge with shrinking dollars but at the end of the day you go home knowing that what you've done that day is nothing short of a miracle.
Pros
schedule flexibilty, open door policy of upper managment!
Cons
hard but productive work...
The City of LA was a pleasant place to work.
Accounting Clerk II/Asst. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaApril 17, 2012
I had three different positions with the City of Los Angeles. Clerk Typist, Accounting Clerk I and Accounting Clerk II. I worked in the City Controller's Office in the Voluntary Benefits dept. as a Clerk Typist. I promoted to Public Works, Bureau of Accounting, Payroll dept. as an Accounting Clerk I. I was promoted back to the City Controller's Office in the Voluntary Benefits dept. as an Accounting Clerk II.
Pros
good benefits and pay.
Cons
difficult to promote after a certain level.
The opportunity to work in the public sector
Board of Directors (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2015
I was able to work with youths from all areas of the city to mentor them and help them prepare for college. I produced the Youth Ambassadors documentary that was used to raise funds and get support for the program.
Pros
working with youth
Cons
navigating the bureaucracy which is natural for a government body
Job Review
City of Los Angeles (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Worked processing the City of Los Angeles parking Meter Revenue. I learned math & writing skills & how to supervise employees. Co workers were happy when kept working & busy. Hardest part of my job was dumping heavy canisters & most enjoyable was knowing that I had contributed my skills as best I could.
Challenging, yet fun workplace with great supervisors and co-workers.
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Recreation & Parks, LA KidsAugust 29, 2012
Assisted in the planning, organizing, and execution of the girls’ softball academy. Monitored, supervised and ensured the safety of children while at summer camp when expected. Learned patience, the importance of children's safety, and strengthened work ethic. Supervisors and co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Excellent industry to work for.
AUTO BODY/MECHANICAL REPAIRER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2013
This was a great place to work for. You were rewarded for extra effort on the job. I started as an office trainee, promoted to Mechanical helper, Auto body builder, Mechanic, Welder, Supervisor, and Manager.
Pros
job was steady.
Cons
everyone makes the same salary within the job classification.
A productive workplace despite cuts and bureaucracy
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 1, 2015
I have been working here for many years at my department. This group is hard working despites growing work and demand that at times over burden the work place and problems from other places have given to us.
Pros
productive work environment
Busy environment but exciting all the time
Airport Guide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2013
LAX is one of the most exciting places to work with all the different kinds of people you get to meet being such a big International airport. Much is to be learned about global cultures within a few minutes of interaction wit travelling passengers.
Productive Workplace, Very Professional and Organized.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2013
This was overalll a great place to work at. Co-workers were always very professional, friendly and productive. Everything got done in a timely manner. Every single day was enjoyable, especially because everyone worked together.
Pros
benefits for full time employees.
Cool Place to Work
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branford st, Pacoima CA, 91311May 29, 2012
Responsibilities include supervising sports leagues. Providing Customer Service and answering patron’s questions and resolving conflict. Setting up summer day camp for children ages 5-12 years and planning their day to day activities. Involved in budgeting, staffing and organizing weekly field trips for day camp.
Productive and fun place to work, great benefits, retirement
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, NVApril 28, 2012
Typical lab work, learned and improved laboratory, communication skills, great manager and coworkers of dicerse cutural background, hardest part was long hours of overtime, enjoyed all tasks of lab operation.
Pros
great benefits, retirment, fun place, day care available thru company
Cons
long hours of work needing overtime
Great job
Assistant Art Director, SNL Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
They were amazing to work with, If i could i would still be working with them but again a seasonal position. I love working with at-risk and gangs and this position gave me the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
The opportunity to work and make a difference in the community is amazing.
Field Representative/ Senior Citizen Section (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working for the Senior Citizen Section. Planning citywide multicultural events is both challenging and rewarding.
Pros
development of a limitedness knowledge base.
Cons
there are no benefits for part time employees
Provide customer service,answer questions,assist world travelers.
Security Officer - Airport Police (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2015
Working for and with the Airport police as a non sworn officer often a challenge.overcame diversity with professionalism and a very strong work ethic.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
culture of work place neaeds to be changed.
fun place to travel
driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2015
cool company, they have a christmas party every year, people can sometimes help you if you get behind. the trucks work most of the time, great company to get started in customer service, it helps you learn to read people. fun rewarding work.
It's the City....
Civil Engineering Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2013
Government job...what can I say. Lots of lazy people, the people who actually work are swamped because they're working for two or three other people. But the benefits are great and the pay is good.

4.4