City of Memphis Employee Reviews

Dead body removal
Mortuary Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2018
I like my job tried to go back to my job with the City of Memphis but was to I abandon my job but I had broken my neck for a second time. I did try to go back to the city but no one would even talk to me about getting my job back they black balled me from the city.
Pros
Always worked and had a jon
Cons
good benfits
contract work
City Of Memphis Contractor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2017
The more hours you work the more money you can make. There is plenty of work for everyone and if you do all of your work sometimes they will put you in other areas
Pros
can make as mucha s you want
Cons
sometimes work is slow
High stress - worked all the time
Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2017
I worked all the time. When I first started, I had a great manager, who let me know I was appreciated. Due to upheaval, I was moved to another manager, and it was not a good fit. This particular manager was new to the position, and is only able to relate to people like them, and expects everyone to morph into their version of what they want you to be. It was VERY stressful...even though they're trying to go through a culture change, the team that is supposed to be leading it doesn't see and/or do anything about the adders within their own department.
Great Place to Work
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2017
I loved working with the City of Memphis as a Workforce Development Specialist-in the Public Services division. My typical day was fast paced and very busy with assisting hundreds of people over coming barriers to employment. Registering customers with TN . Gov, making referral to available employment listed and enrolling customer in Individual Training Assistance Grant funded by WIN. l and or funding sources. Enrolling in .Linking individuals to community resource services in the community. Providing services to customers by assisting with enrolling in occupational in demand skills training. Conducting Career development assessments and orientation.
Pros
Received in-viable work experiences with working with grant funding sources
Cons
New Administration and being appointed
What an incredible place to work!
Memphis City Councilman (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
If you want to work with a dedicated staff solving everything from a $668 million budget to making sure things like potholes get filled, then the City of Memphis is a wonderful choice!
Pros
Great People to work with
city of memphis
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2017
this is a great company. all the staff are great and easy to work with at the city of memphis.i learn how to work more as a group and to be a leader. ithis is the best job i ever had.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and laided back environment
Senior Deputy Court Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2017
I work a full time job, monday - friday. 40 hours a week.. I learned different skill sets by working in different departments. It's okay for the most part.
Pros
No pros
Cons
I wished overtime was offered and no advancement at all.
loved working with people
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2017
the job was good and the pay was ok however this was a three month assignment . loved working with individual; on the job sited and doing the staff things
Excellent
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2017
It was a great place to work, the people that I worked with were awesome. I liked the environment it felt like family while there. There was room for advancement with the City of Memphis. I would like the opportunity to work with the city again.
Academic Services Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2017
Excellent working conditions, excellent benefits, excellent people, excellent opportunities for advancement, excellent retirement package. Overall great place to work.
Productive and It Taught Me Alot
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2017
I Helped Around The University Of Memphis. We Helped Plan College Lessons For Students and We actually got to see our lesson plan be taught. It was a great experience.
Great Place to Work...
Contract Analyst\Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2017
I love coming in to work each day. You never know what challenges you will face. The people that you meet from co-workers to your normal citizens who come to pay their property taxes are phenomenal.
Pros
Training, you get an opportunity to learn how to be more productive in your job role
relaxed
Field Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2017
Manage the park for scheduled activities
Distribute Equipment
Secure the park, i.e. lights on/off etc.
that's a typical day at the park for me
Its a great job to have.
Great Job
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2017
I started out as a inventory clerk but was able to advance to computer Technician in just 6 months after management recognized my potential. I loved this Job and only left because I moved to Nashville TN.
I am a mentor, leader, and servant....
Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2017
I would consider myself passionate about what I do and great at making others better. Planting seeds in the darkest places will lead to light for yourself and others.
Pros
You can always impact someone's life
Cons
You can not save the world.
Productive and enjoy working there
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed working the youth and co-workers during summer camp, interacting, teaching, and learning. As I remain working there, I will continue to work hard.
Pros
Working with the youth
Cons
More opportunities
Great
Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The building was always filled with positive energy which made me want to come everyday. The most enjoyable part of working here were the kids.
Productive Work Place
General Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
The City of Memphis offers an abundant amount of training. The hardest part of my job has been learning to make important decisions on my own but I have succeeded and because of that I have confidence in moving forward in to any job. I now know how to work as a team or individually.
Pros
Medical, life insurance and pension
Cons
Ability to advance
Productive work environment
GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE OFFICE MAYOR AC WHARTON (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2017
The job was very laid back. Working in an office setting preparing documents and taking messages for different properties that needs maintenance. Overall great experience.
Pros
Great plan for the future (benefits)
Cons
Low pay
Can be a fun but stressful work place
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2017
Management sucks and they are very cut throat. The pretend to manage according to policy. You have to watch the managers to make certain that they are doing what they're suppose to do according to your pay, hours work, and be an advocate for yourself.
Pros
Overtime