City of Mesa

City of Mesa Employer Reviews

Finance / Accounting / Management
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: limited opportunity for advancement
Leadership lacking skills and professional behavior. Manipulative and bullying behavior backed my management. Difficult to attain personal goals due to financial software limitations, under staffed departments and cut throat activity. Work week is 4-10's. Most enjoyable part of job is co-workers.
Mesa Fire/Medical Department
Firefighter/EMT/HazMatTech (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: comraderie, sense of belonging, public service.
Cons: upper management's disconnect with first responders
Working at the Mesa Fire Department over the past 28 years has been the most rewarding experience of my life. Work experience, training and professional relationships that I have built will enhance my life for years to come. Words cannot express the sense of accomplishment that I have been afforded in fulfilling my lifelong dream of being a firefighter and helping to save countless lives throughout my career. Being part of a World class fire department has been both stellar and humbling.
Fun and productive work environment
Police Volunteer (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, banquets, happy work environment
Cons: lack of management structure, hectic days in nthe office
I'm a volunteer with the city not an actual employee. But they do offer flexible schedules, great benefits, and treat the volunteers well.
Progressive advocates of the Mesa business community.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2013
The Mesa Office of Economic Developement is a proficient cadre of professionals who work diligently to retain and attact businesses of all sizes.
people who should be reprimanded or fired weren't
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 25, 2013
Pros: challenging, potential for opportunity, good pay
Cons: some of the coworkers
overall a good, challenging job, but the coworkers displayed short term memory loss. Tasks they have already done seemed to have to be learned again. Some of the employees were blatantly gorging them selves on the government tit. laziness, negative attitudes, and always a reason why some task couldn't possibly be completed. Upper management seemed reluctant to train new personnel to replace the few bad employees they should fire. I now have a perfect argument for paranoid types who blame the government for all the wrongs in the world. It's not the government; it's the people who work for the government that cause all the problems.
Water resources
Worker (Current Employee), Utilities DepartmentMarch 23, 2013
The people in charge of this department have no knowledge or experience in the water business and it truly shows in there very poor decisions. Advancement is based on who you know and if they like you.
Great Place to work
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 24, 2012
I enjoyed the people I worked with and I thought it was really nice it was a different environment that I was able to learn from.
city of mesa
COE Clerk (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 4, 2012
city of mesa is a wonderful company to work for it definately has room for advancement and job security.
Great job for a high school student
Supervisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: no benefits
Had a great time working with kids every day and maintaining the building. As a supervisor I managed the recreation facility and I loved carrying that responsibility.