City of Miami Employee Reviews

School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at work was good. What i learned was had to make sure the kids cross the street safe. Management was good. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was working in the rain. The most enjoyable part of the job was meet people.
Great place
Government Administrative Staff / Permit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2017
Definitely a good work environment with great benefits if you are not a temp employee. If you have your Bachelor's your chances are high at upward mobility although there is seniority depending on what branch you are working for. Job Availability Exclusivity is probably the best thing that comes with working here as you have access to other jobs other civilians do not.
Pros
Job Exclusivity Availabilities
Cons
Strictly Bureaucratic
Teamwork is a must
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKJune 22, 2017
A typical day starts slow, but by the end of the day you have done so much stuff you feel completely accomplished, some of the older staff can be a bit grumpy, but its an open door policy with managment
productive work place
Staff Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
my position is very beneficial to the city, yet my department isn't paid enough for the work load we take on. i have learned about many differnt city confidential documents, and housing authority laws.
Pros
Active workers
benefits
very serious job
Parks And Recreations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
its a very interesting job. its very fun and enjoyable experience. the workers were very nice they had great communicating skills and they were also energetic and happy.
Very competitive and quick paced work place.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Miami, FlMay 9, 2017
I've interned with the city of Miami human resources department. Filing confidential city employee documents for the records division. You will have to have patience in order to work in this certain work space.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lots of Filling
Great place and management
Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2017
• Assured equal opportunity for all Disable and Down syndrome children to learn to swim and to acquire water safety and survival skills.
• Acted as a recruiter and instructor for Learn to Swim program and Stroke Improvement classes.
• Assisted at the front desk, providing customer service for patrons in the form of facility admissions and registration, and managing inquiries via telephone.
• Administered CPR, First Aid, and defibrillation via AED to patrons in need, keeping certifications up to date.
• Tended to pool and facility maintenance and daily operations to ensure guests enjoyed themselves.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
benefits due to the part time
Great Opportunity for Advancement
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2017
The City of Miami is a great employer that promotes growth and opportunities. There's always opportunities to be promoted and or receive training to be promoted. They have really good benefits and healthcare. I've met a lot of employees who have been there for over 10 years and love their job. Some departments are more strict than others but it's all about discipline and work ethic.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth
excellent carrear
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2017
very good place to work,lots of good people to meet.if you willing to learn they have lots of training.great retirement benefits
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of respect towards police
Productive and Energized
Lifeguard 1 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2017
It goes great I always greet my coworkers. And I do the tasks on hand. I always get the job done and never complain about the company. I always help my coworkers with whatever they need
Fun workplace
Worker Trainee (Former Employee) –  444 SW 2nd Ave Fl 4, Miami Fl 33130January 13, 2017
Enhiyed working with other workers at city of miami. Everyone is nice and very welcoming. At the job i filed papers and answered important phone calls.
Great place to work.
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Challenging work with great pay and benefits. Management should have more of a "private-sector" mindset. Sometimes politics interferes with prudent, rational thinking and policy-setting.
Productive and very fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2016
Working for the City of Miami helped me learn, about what it's like to be in a workplace environment with people that come from different backgrounds.
Great coworkers, and great job security.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2016
Working at the city of Miami was a great experience. Everyone there, from the supervisor to my co-workers, was very nice. There is no fear from losing your job as it is a government funded job.
Pros
Many days off.
Cons
Tedious work at times.
City of Miami
Park and recreation (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 18, 2016
What an amazing organization to be apart of there is always room for growth you just have to work hard and do your job.
Working with the kids at my park and making sure they are doing the right thing is a great and joyful feeling.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2016
Fun, Customer Service Skills, Love my Co-workers, Never know what the next day will bring, the people are fun to work with
Nice environment, great co-workers, flexible
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2016
My job working with the City of Miami consist of me helping the children with their homework, making sure that their answers are correct. after homework they go to snack, the they are suppose to read a book, but often times I read the book to them. after reading they go outside and do spark then they come back inside to take a breather then we clean up make sure everything is off of the floor and go back outside and they have free play for about thirty minutes. this jobs isn't nothing short of baby sitting, just make sure the kids leave the way they came.
very reliable.
Lifegaurd (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
very reliable with keeping job seekers updated with openings through out the entire state or anywhere you desire to relocate.
about the city of miami
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2016
well this is the first job that I ever inquired I started off as a volunteer then moved up the latter slowly but surely, the city of Miami allowed me to learn and progress before they had given me a professional position.
depends which department you work in
Public Facilities Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2016
i worked in public facilities, there was a lot of down time during the week. but on the weekend the marina was packed. the boat owners were friendly for the most part.
Pros
great location
Cons
th epay