City of Miramar Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent City
Legislative Assistant (Current Employee) –  2300 Civic Center PlaceMay 9, 2016
The city of Miramar is a great place to work. The management staff truly cares about the employees that are assigned to them.
Learning Environmet
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 21, 2015
Working for the City of Miramar, has been a great learning tool for me. I learned to work with city officials, contractors, public residents, and law enforcement in regards to accounting or administrative work. The hardest part of the job is not being able to make a customer smile when it pertains to a situation that is above your head, a you lose your form of control or say so in the matter. My most enjoyable part is making the city of Miramar a better place financially meanwhile making the residents happy to reside in such a place.
Pros
Free conference, health fairs, shirts, discounts
Cons
Long work days, limited to city events
Nice and efficient work enviroment
MIS Internship (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Disassembled computers while analyzing what could be done to fix or improve them and reassembled them.

Assisted in maintaining their website to keep it free of bugs and errors

Took on a project to accumulate, update, and reassign contact information for every department in the City of Miramar
Pros
Free coffee and friendly enviroment
Fun work place
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 16, 2015
I have learned so much with working at the city of miramar the pay is good they have so much to offer and you get a great experience,
Productive and loving workplace
Social Services Aide I (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Working with senior citizens on a daily basis is wonderful, I learn alot from them and as well as they learn alot from me. Management is great, wonderful open door policy, flexible to outside schedule. My co-workers are great very fun to work with. I thingk the hardest part about my job is after I have gotten close to a senior citiezen and hearing that they have passed away. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the different stories that the seniors share with me and how much things have changed from when they where my age.
n/a
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 27, 2014
very quiet and nice people. they taught me alot of business skills
Professional workplace with excellent benefits
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 14, 2014
In police work there are no typical days, every day you are presented with a new challenge and nothing ever repeats itself. I learned time management and how to work under pressure. The management were very professional and accommodating. The co-workers were extremely helpful in assisting you with any issues that you may have been presented with. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there is no typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job was also the fact that there was no typical day. There is never a dull moment in police work and the fact that there is no typical day is both a blessing and a curse.
Pros
excellent benefits and competitive salary
Cons
stressful environment
Fun Workplace and also productive
Driver (Current Employee) –  Miramar FLJuly 1, 2013
Driving around, meeting new people making sure they get to where they want to on time. Its also fun to interact with the passengers.
fun work place
Summer Camp Academic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FloridaMay 29, 2013
I learned the value of cultural awareness. A friendly comfortable environment, and the enjoyment of exposing kids to physical fitness.
Pros
comradery
Not the best city to work for
YEC (Former Employee) –  recreation aidNovember 6, 2011
surrounding cities are better compensation and better management.

4.3