City of New Orleans Employee Reviews

Ok job
Taxicab Investigator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2017
It was a fun environment , and I met a lot of people. You didn’t have anyone micromanaging you but management tended to show favoritism and talk bad about others at time.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not enough pay
Very tedious
Private Contractual Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 21, 2017
Working for the city of new orleans has a lot of good benefits ... the staff is very friendly and the work you do makes you feel like youre really helping people in need ...
Pros
Benefits and off days
Cons
Short breaks, political presense
Working for the City Of New Orleans
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2017
Working for the City Of New Orleans is not hard, It's a great place to work. You learn a lot and meet new people. You meet people from all over the world.
Job Summary
Office Assistant Receptionist Safety & Permits (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2017
Overall terrible leadership. Unorganized workplace. Terrible compensation. Work not evenly divided. Paid parking . positive thing was having holidays off.
Relaxed and Slow paced
Airport Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work was making your rounds making sure no one is parked illegally and checking cab operators for necessary credentials to work and sometimes assistant office administrator.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Work in all type of weather
Very hostile environment
Economic Development Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 2, 2017
Over my many years in the workforce, I have never worked in a more hostile environment. There was little support for the work I was required to do. Management was non-existent.
Pros
Got to meet so many experts during the recovery
Cons
Terrible managment
productive
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2017
My work day consist of vehicle maintenance on all city vehicles. I enjoy working with mechanics who have knowledge and i can learn from. Although i went to school for diesel mechanic, there is nothing like hands on experience.
productive enviroment
Police Officer in New Orleans (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2017
productive workplace, born ans raised in the city of new orleans . raised my family there . same problems as any big city in the United States wonderful culture
Working in the Capital Projects Administration was great experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 22, 2017
Working in the Capital Projects Administration has been a great experience. I work with a lot of good people on a number of interesting and challenging projects
Great place
Management Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2017
You know the company really well. ...
You have the experience to do the job. ...
You work well with others. ...
You are constantly seeking to learn. ...
You are motivated. ...
You are excited about this job. ...
You have a plan. ...
You want to build a career in the company.
Very temporary summer job.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 29, 2017
The job stated in advanced that it'd be temporary and not to plan to continue working for the company once the closure of the program. The team was very polite and always assisted me when I may have needed anything out of the norm.
Pros
Flexible breaks.
Cons
Weather prone.
productive job
Assistance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70112July 29, 2017
secure job, you can look forward to retirement, its city government
a job that may not pay well but its a secure job what more do you want me to say
Pros
security
Cons
management
My Summary is present what's best for the company as well as my self..
Revenue Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 30, 2017
To learn and understand my assignments in order to do my daily work...

My learning are to exceed and excel..

My workplace of culture is with any and everybody as long we have great communication skills..

I think that the hardest part of any job is not knowing what your doing and not knowing how to do it correctly..

I think that my most enjoyable part of a employment is enjoying being there as well as enjoying the assignments along with the understanding to do it right...
Pros
My Pro: Are to do my very best..
Cons
My Cons: Are to have satistifing benefits..
Analyst
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 16, 2017
Coming to work 8 am - 4 pm is good. Working for the City of New Orleans is all about who you know. Attaining advancement can be very rewarding if you're managed by the right Supervisor. The worst part of the job is working through the "red tape". The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many new people.
Pros
Job Security, weekends off
Cons
Healthcare and Retirement plans needs improvement
Providing Job Training to Adults and Youth
Monitor/Audit Resolution Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2017
Monitored service providers contracts that provided job training in a variety of areas to men and women who qualified for services...this included those recently released from prison, those persons who were victims of mass layoffs, etc. And ran the summer youth program during June - September.

I enjoyed everything, my co-workers, the clients, the work environment all of it.

There were challenges but mostly because of misunderstood communications.
City of New Orleans
Superintendent of Youth Detention (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2017
Ensures that employees understand the performance standards expected of them. Works with the employee to resolve performance problems. A wonderful learning environment.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
It was my real first job and I learned a lot.
a great experience, loved the people and great atmosphere
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 10, 2017
you can grow with the company. Don't like that you have to take exams for advancement. Overall, enjoyed my job.
Stay in the loop, once you leave; it seems impossible to get back in.
Pros
weekends off, holidays off and if you are good at taking tests, career advancement
Cons
have to take exam to advance..
Great people & a great environment to work in.
Applications Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  City Hall 1300 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112January 25, 2017
The people and environment working for the City of New Orleans are a great group who are very knowledgeable and professional. I worked there for 11 1/2 years and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Long commute for me.
City Government
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 28, 2016
There is a lot of red tape with City Government jobs. Overall the experience is rewarding. Compensation could be a little better. There is a lot to learn
Great Job, Excellent Vison for the Future.
Community Affairs Director/Special Asst. (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2016
The City of New Orleans finally found a Visionary. All was lost when the vision went from the citizens to the Mayor. The city was full of energy, the citizen were looking forward to growth, but the business man turned politician went back to what he knew best, business.
Pros
I enjoyd Speaking on behalf of the Mayor, and representing the City of New Orleans.
Cons
The job was no longer fun, when the Mayor put himself before the citizens of New Orleans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of New Orleans. Our community is ready to answer.

City of New Orleans Reviews by Location