City of New York Employee Reviews

Its A Overbearing workplace
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
Attitudes and unfair policies working with people whom judge you and start rumors it reminds me of highschool all over again except the people here are old enough to be my parents.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Ghetto co workers
Productive, fun and a safe work place.
Seasonal Parks Worker/ Clerical Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2016
A typical work day as a Parks Worker/Clerical Aide- Operate a multi-line phone system, take messages and transfer calls appropriate; addresses all questions and concerns. Provides great customer service to guests and tourists/visitors.
Pros
Everyone is polite, caring sharing, willing to help other in need.
Cons
short breaks
Not what I expected
Investigator; Staff Discipline (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYJune 26, 2016
Long days, mandatory over time. The work never ends, short on staff, must have high tolerance for stress for this job. Learn allot about real investigative work here. Must be organized to keep track of all the work.
Pros
Learn allot about investigations
Cons
You can burn out quickly in this job.
Great law firm
Job Opportunity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 9, 2016
Mark trained and gave me an opportunity in law with no prior experience and I will always appreciate that. I have gained experience and knowledge in law that I can take with me anywhere
Pros
Great experience in family law
Cons
not enough hours
No comment
CORRECTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
I am not allowed to comment on my works The work I do is for the city of New York, however I may not comment on it. The views expressed are my own.
Smooth and systematic work
Electrical Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 12, 2016
-Very systematic work. I guess it will be better if there are research and development concerns.
-Rewarding individuals is promoted, but teamwork shall be encouraged as well.
-Job security is great, but there is a lack of providing competitive salaries.
Pros
Great place for Job security.
Cons
Follow the routine, very hard to propose new ideas.
Very very fun place to work despite the heavy workload!
CHILD PROTECTIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2016
This is a very fun place to work despite the heavy workload due to the very supportive management team and the genuine care and support for the employees
Pros
Union representation for the employees
Cons
Heavy work load
Very political
Commercial Appraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2015
The position I had was flexible and allowed me to not to be in the office, which was the enjoyable part of working for the city.
Pros
Working in the field.
Cons
Dealing with the politics
Not an employer I would highly recommend
Program Manager - Associate Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2015
Management structure is repressive, over-bearing and micro-managed in a very hyper aggressive and unnecessary manner
Benefits
Cons
Too top-heavy with management.
great work place
Seasonal Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2015
a great work place patients are very fun to work with its a friendly environment. but you do have some patients that are a bit difficult to work with. co workers became family I learned a lot at this job on how friendly people are on how to build up my skills in cleaning and helping people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shirt breaks
Great Experience
Office of the General Counsel, Employment Law Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
I loved working for the City. I was a college intern so I got to work on a variety of things but I really enjoyed my time at this agency. Management was great. My supervisors were awesome and very welcoming. I would definitely love to obtaining a permanent position here someday.
Very productive
Seasonal Maintainence Woker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
It was a very corporate environment with plenty to learn and plenty of work. Very busy but fun place to work.Co- workers were easy to get along with even though it was a very busy office.
Pros
Free training
Cons
No advancement
Productive environment
College Assistant / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Queens,NewYorkOctober 12, 2015
Great environment and surroundings Filled with supportive co-workers and management alike willing to lend a helping hand at anytime and very nice.
City of NY
Human Resources Benefits Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
City of New York is a great place to work with . Management is supportive .The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Learning City policies and how Unions Work.
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
City of New York is a great place to work with .
Good start for my career
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2015
When I was there learned allot and training was thrown at me. Great start for my future. had good management and they called me back after being at new job for a year. Was like a family
Pros
learning
Cons
log hours
Productive, Fun Place to work
Helpdesk/Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2015
Respond to customer requests for assistance with PC data communications problems and support telecommunications concerns, troubleshooting to determine issues and correcting problems. Complete trouble tickets efficiently and accurately. Facilitated customer explanations to more quickly find problems and document resolution steps. Order needed parts from vendor. Give directions to customers for self-fixes when possible and ensure users can connect to resources across HRA network. Update and automate database of corrective actions for issues resolution and tracking. Manage Helpdesk by ensuring all telephones were on and queue calls were completed. Train new co-workers on Database Magic. Guide other technicians over the telephone in troubleshooting steps to resolve issues. The Operating Systems platforms used are Windows NT, 2000 and Windows XP. Assisting users with Mainframe programs web base application and Word and Outlook 2003/2007.

• Assisted other departments in determining problem resolutions by conducting Internet research and keeping detailed records.
fast paced environment, interacting with multiple people
Chairman of Local Community Board 5 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
great deal of responsibility, having to make many decisions, spokesperson of a board of 50 members, Implement and enforce, in a fair and balanced manner, the Articles and Bylaws of the community board and the policies, rules, regulations, restrictions and guidelines established by the Executive Board, Board members and applicable law.
Pros
involved in the process of making important decisions that affect the community
Cons
late night hours
fun place to work
Multi Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
set up rooms for videoconference
installation videoconferencing running cables
videotaping meetings
editing promos

learn to worked as a team
good relation with my co workers
the hardest part arrange meeting to video taping
enjoyable part of the job ,view you finish product by others
Pros
free cakes and coffe
Cons
no overtime
Investigative
Detective - S/Detective (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 11, 2015
the city of new is the most advanced city in the united states. The office of the district attorney is a wonderful agency to work for. I had a exciting career.
Great Organization that provides various opportunites for growth for its employees.
PROGRAM MANAGER - CORNERSTONE UNIT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Very supportive organization that invests time and dedication to the programs and communities their service. Great opportunity with this company who gave me the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.

4.2