City of North Chicago Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A+
Part-Time Telecommunicator (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Love the job, staff, and the city. This is a very intriguing job, that I'm sure that you will enjoy as well. The city offers a pension plan, and many paid days off.
Living and working as a police officer in town, raising my family was both Pro and Con, it was overall a Pro.
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2013
A typical day: There wasn't any typical day, anything could happen.
Each shift was a different world with its own type of push-pull problems. Domestics, shootings, fires, people fighting, schools wanting a police presence for traffic and having to run a shift with all these calls for service and not enough people to do it safely?

What I learned: Do what you can with what you have and pray!

Management: I worked with some good people who knew how much work we had to do and helped lessen the burden when they could.

Co-workers: I learned how to become a supervisor and a fellow co-worker to help the citizens of the community.

The hardest part of the job: Not having enough people on shift at times to answer the calls for service.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Going home safe at the end of the shift.
Pros
living in town being able to get to work, being part of the community. raising my family ther and going to church in the community.
Cons
being from town having my family exposed to the dangers there, we were all in the same boat, it was pro and con!
Great and Friendly place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2013
My first day a City of North Chicago ( Building Dept. ) I learned alot such as assisting customers by helping filling out building permit paperwork, filing, creating several spreadsheets and answering phone calls. My co-workers were nice and very understanding with my accomplishments that I was trying to achieve.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about City of North Chicago?

Ask a question