CITY OF NORTH LAUDERDALE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
typical governmental agency with caring co-workers
Network Administrator/ IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FlJune 25, 2012
Started day earlier than everyone else to ensure computer systems were up and operational. When users had issues, they would call for support and were taken care of within five minutes and co-workers were not threatened or obsessed with "harassment" issues to be open to hugging (boy did I collect on those).

What I learned is that no matter how exceptional you work history (5 commendations from commission in 6 years with not one diciplinary problem), the manager can always trash your reputation by giving instructions that violate the law to make you insubordinate by refusing to commit a crime, he can lie as well as commit perjury under oath and that the employer will back the manager.

Being able to help my co-workers was the greatest part of the job and having to leave them in the hands of the manager of that calaber was the most disturbing part.
Pros
co-workers cared about each other.
Cons
political game players in leadership position
City of North Lauderdale
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2012
A stable and enjoyable environment to work in. I enjoyed my time there.

2.7