City of Olathe Employee Review

View all City of Olathe reviews

Fast Paced
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Olathe KSMarch 5, 2013
A very busy place to work but it makes day moves very fast...I love that you stay busy all day so time goes by quickly. I love the diversity of the co-workers and the ability to meet new people everyday!

Other City of Olathe Employee Reviews

Awesome workplace
Solid Waste Operator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 18, 2018
Great work family. Outstanding team unity. Fast paced. Safety first. Follow all DOT and safety rules and regulations. Be prepared for the weather elements.
Pros
Caring coworkers
Cons
Fast paced working in elements
It's a City Job.
Traffic Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 16, 2018
It's an okay job if you're good at fixing things and problem solving under a bit of pressure. I came from a retail background and wanted to try something a lot different with my life. Thought i'd give this a shot with fixing traffic lights. Turns out it wasn't what i expected. You have to be a quick learner and problem solver. At times there could be a lot to do and other times it gets boring. I basically was a helper boy for the technicians and directed traffic in the middle of busy intersections. Eventually left after finding another job. If you have a strong back ground in utilities, electronics, construction, or military then this might be for you.
Pros
Full-time
Cons
No benefits, Can be intimidating at times.