CITY OF ORANGE Employee Reviews

Summer day camps are challenging and rewarding to work at.
Recreation Leader I (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 21, 2017
Each day is different when working at the summer day camps, but the staff excels at working as a team to provide the best summer activities for the kids. Weekly staff meetings are helpful and enjoyable.
Relaxed environment
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 17, 2017
Environment is relaxed. Their IT Department is contracted and therefore not actually apart of City staff.So in some ways we're treated differently from most staff members. But overall I can't complain. Still a great place to work as long as you have excellent customer service skills.
Learning
Certified 1 Water and Sewer Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 4, 2017
Daily I was able to learn different aspects of jobs that pertained to the city services that were offered to the public. I worked with several different employees and learned a lot of valuable trades.
Pros
Insurance was great, number of holidays we were given off
Cons
Management was not supportive of all employees
Fun environment
Administrative Aide (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 1, 2016
Typical day at work was very busy, phones would ring throughout the whole day. I learned to do a lot from this company, unfortunately I am a temp here. The management is very easy going and very pleasant.
Productive and Hard Working City
Water Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 29, 2016
The group of people that work there are hard working individuals and everyone is treated like family. Couldn't have asked for a greater experience
Great People But Inadequate Compensation
Deputy Director Public Works (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 26, 2015
The City of Orange is a great organization that is headed the wrong direction. Their compensation package has steadily declined and as a result they are not attracting the top level candidates that they used to. It is still a great place to work with opportunities for advancement.
Great people
Food Monitor (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJJuly 24, 2015
The people at Orange City Hall are great people they are like one big family I wish I could have continued to work for them but its only a summer position.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, Great work place
Cons
No benefits
Child oriented, fun environment
Recreational Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Working with children on a regular basis was both rewarding and difficult at the same time. A typical day at work would include helping the children with homework, leading educational activities, monitoring play time, and leading physical activities. On special occasions I would work City of Orange special events and holiday city occasions. I was CPR and First Aid certified. What I enjoyed most was teaching the children new things and how each day was always different. Communicating with some of the childrens' parents who spoke only Spanish was difficult.
Pros
Fun activities, working with children
Cons
Strict city rules and bylaws.
Great environment of people to work with
Analysit (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 23, 2014
This place was both fun and serious. They had the perfect balance of working hard and serious but making the work environment fun and worth working in it.
ok at best
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 7, 2014
to few people, to many broken equipment. would not recommend
Flexible with hours
Recreational Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Lots of training involved regarding leadership and providing care to kids. Great management.
City of Orange
Treatment Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 22, 2013
There is not a lot of room for advancement in the city unless you are buddies with the powers that be.
A Hostile workplace
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orange, NJMay 15, 2013
Not very happy with the current administration. They are very unprofessional and inexperienced. They force you to work under people who have less experience than you. Not a very professional or mature. This is why I'm looking for another job.
Pros
Cons
Not a good employer. An inexperienced administration
Animal control Officer
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 28, 2013
Working calls around the city of Orange, picking up strays,surrenders and 1045s (dead animals). I learned how to properly clean the animal shelter, put down animals humanly, and work with animals. The hardest part about being an animal control officer is putting animals to sleep. The best part about being an animal control officer is finding homes for the animals.
Pros
working in the public and helping out people with their pets and finding homes for the animals
Cons
putting down animals
Hot
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXSeptember 6, 2012
VERY HOT!! As with any job there is nothing different as far as work ethics and people that you work with. Working in the HOT sun for 12 yrs it is time for a change.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Communicated with the parents, children & public
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 16, 2012
Crossing Guards are there for the safety of the public. We were assigned a area to be in charge of during three time shifts during the day. The supervisor would be avaliable if you had questions. Even come to the area if you needed. The company was great to work for.
Pros
awards, lunch gathering once year, able to take off for appt
Cons
cars that did not stop when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF ORANGE. Our community is ready to answer.

CITY OF ORANGE Reviews by Location