City of Orlando

Good team work
Good management and co-workers
Fun work environment.
Marketing/Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
Worked independently, laid back management, nice co-workers.
it's a productive work place that provides fun and games ping pong tables pool tables
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: serve lunchs
Cons: healthcare benefits
working in a recreation center is a fun loving invironment working with the on a daily bases.
good
Assistant Auditor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was a harder worker and very nice.
Productive and long days
Recycling Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 2, 2014
Co-workers were very enjoyable and made the work day fun. Learned a lot while at the company.
Very fun and productive workplace
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: the kids
Working as a youth counselor assisting kids in daily youth activites. Great company to work for.
Security Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: get to see events
Cons: pay and not full time
I enjoy working here and the Security Management is Great. I enjoy working events dealing with Guest. And the teams and groups.
A great place to work
Counselor (Current Employee), 800 Howard Middle SchoolDecember 17, 2013
Pros: seeing students graduate after over coming challenges.
Cons: the need for more parental involvement in academics and social settings.
A great place to teach and mentor children, while helping them to improve academically and socially.
busy workplace and keeps a worker busy
Police Services Specialist, Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando FLDecember 6, 2013
Typical day is busy. Multi tasking is a must at this job! Cross training is very important in this job also. It was a great enviroment where a worker will have access to the officers on a regular basis.
Government Fun
Employment Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: wellness
Cons: can be very routine at times
Typical 8-5 day, fall into a nice routine, get an opportunity to learn new skills due to system changes. Culture while very familia can be difficult when requiring change. Helping folks find a job.
Working for the City
Rentals Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2013
City jobs vary from lifeguarding and summer counselors to landscaping, rentals, teaching.
Orlando Parks absolutely make 'The City Beautiful'
Horticulture Specialist and Education Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: "the city beautiful" is orlando's motto. that came from the lakes and trees here.
Cons: admin focus is on sports only.
I worked for the City of Orlando Parks Department for 20 years. Orlando has a lot of wonderful lakes and Parks, so there is plenty of work. In 20 years, I had several different jobs. I worked on renovations for older parks, then as a specialist and a supervisor in Orlando's mid sized living museum donated in the 60's by Harry P. Leu. Former mayors have – more... been more interested in Orlando Parks and used the value of wonderful lakes with free parks for citizens. The Parks Staff in Orlando has won National Awards for their tree maintenance and programs in the past. You meet a LOT of people when you work for a municipality. I can honestly say I loved most everyone I worked with and met. – less
Challenging fast paced company
Accounting Specialist Senior (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2013
Pros: free gym with classes, benefits package, longevity pay
Cons: long overtime hours
Fast paced, staff shortage, no day ever the same. Good IT support, training available, excellent benefits package.

Management amiable and fair, co-workers friendly.

Very challenging environment, multiple tasks with limited staff to complete.

Assisting customers with their queries.
Great place to serve and to positively contribute and exceed expectations.
Senior Property Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work is always hectic and full of challenges.

I have learnt to listen and be attentive to the needs of those I serve.

Management involves the organization and coordination of the activities of our business in order to achieve defined objectives.

My co-workers were all "spokes" in the wheel that kept our business moving along smoothly – more... and in the right direction.

The hardest part of my job was getting to my Office in the mornings.

The most enjoyable part of my job was finding solutions and trouble-shoot unexpected problems that confronted us. – less
Has a good attendance record
Site Supervisor/Program Director Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 7, 2013
Pros: no positions to excel into
Cons: no benefits
I often offers workable solutions to problems. I also use good judgment in solving problems and working with others. Quickly learns new software programs. Maintains and monitors progress of project plan in order to stay on target. Encourages staff to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Orlando, Florida 32702April 30, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance coverage and parking.
Cons: the parking was good, but it was a deduction from your pay every two weeks.
I enjoyed this job very much; I was given the opportunity to work with the director and planners allowing for the growth of the city. This job also gave me the opportunity to learn how to establish boundaries by using their computer system to sending annoucements to surrounding property owners regarding monthly board meetings. I really enjoyed working – more... with all the planners. – less
YOUTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2013
Pros: staff, hours, impacting lives
Cons: management
I enjoyed the City of Orlando recreation very much. Management was not very nice, not respectable. My co-workers always made the day fun and exciting and the kids always made the work day fun. The hardest part of the job was not seeing kids that needed help get helped, the most enjoyable was making the kids smile.
My Favorite Job
Solid waste management (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
Refuse collector and maintenance. Consistently recognized by management for providing superior satisfaction. Resolved complaints and created repeat business by developing long term relationships with regular accounts
Role Model
Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2013
I love my relationship with my kids. those girlslooked up to me. Not only was I their counselor and step coach, I ws their role model
Active workplace providing service to citizens
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2012
Pros: personally and professionally fulfilling: served the community. near to my home.
Cons: political environment - not just job politics - which impaired employee efficiency at times.
The most fulfilling part was being part of a team working to provide the best possible service to the community as a whole and to individuals, many of whom were "lost" when trying to resolve issues.

About City of Orlando

The City of Orlando offers its own fountain of youth for tourists from around the globe. The young and the¬†young at heart all – Read more

City of Orlando Photos