City of Orlando Employee Reviews

Im not happy
Counselor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
Working as a counselor for the city of orlando has taught me a lot. I now have the ability to independently manage a large group of children all at one time. I've also learned great time management skills but I'm unhappy because theres no room to go in the company. I want something that better suits my career goals.
all in all it is a good place to work great benefits
Refuse Collector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 3, 2015
we start early in the morning and get a lot done before it gets hot and you learn to deal with people. most of guys are easy to work with. the hardest part of the job is doing the roll outs. when you come to the end of the shift
Great organization to work for!
Code Enforcement Officer II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, hour lunches, and great environment to work in.
Cons: The work becomes repetious, does not challenge me mentally.
My typical day is arriving at 7:30am, I first check my email. After, I check my daily to see what type of complaints I have received that day and began researching these complaints of previous incidents. Once I have my daily organized I then go to the field and enforce potential code violations. I return to the office several hours later and I return any calls that I may have missed throughout the day. After that put together the necessary paperwork together to send out Notice of Violations. Day is complete at 4:40pm.

I have learned so much about the housing codes since starting with City of Orlando,

My boss is very intelligent, respectable, and most understanding boss that I have ever had.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with many different personalities out in the field.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such great co workers each day. Could not ask for better co workers.
Only if you love kids
Recreation Instructor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: kids, working out doors
Cons: lack of consistency, no breaks, scheduling
The politics of this work place is not for the faint at heart. You will be punished by lack of hours if you question the management, just question not go against. There is a blatant lack of consistency and show of staff favoritism.
Great opportunity to become a leader.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: long breaks.
Cons: not enough hours per week.
Working for the City of Orlando gave me leadership skills by giving me the opportunity to lead swim lessons with youth camps.
Not what you think
Lead Recreation Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great office experience, meet lots of people, own office cubicle
Cons: terrible management, low hours
The City of Orlando is beautiful, but not so great to work for. Once you have a certain position, it is very difficult to advance farther. You will be stuck in that position for years. The pay is decent but with all the budget cuts they do yearly, the hours are ridiculous. My department managers were very rude and terrible at their jobs. Their feedback was always vicious and had no constructive criticism behind it, just negative remarks. They were very snotty as well, of course, because they are the ones making the high pay checks above us "regular" employees. They don't take care of office issues, they leave it on the seasonal employees to take up all the duties they are suppose to handle. All in all, it's a great job if you need the money quickly and intend on not wanting to rank up. If you seek further advancement with a company, avoid this one.
Exciting and Fun place to work and I always met great people...
Neighborhood Center Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: working with and always meeting great people
Cons: long hours, but because it was a fun job to have, at the end of the day it was all worth it!
This was the best job ever; however, I've since retired and am looking to move on to another area in the work field. I honestly loved working with the children, families and the senior citizens and have developed a close relationship as I continue to keep it touch with a lot of the children, families and seniors, I've come to know.

This was a fun job with plenty of room to grow! The Management team allowed Supervisors to develop a sense of ownership as we managed the facilities we oversaw. I had the awesome opportunity and privilege to design the "floor plan" of the Ivey Lane Recreation Site. Now that's ownership!

I will always feel that I'm a part of the City of Orlando's family!
youth counselor
Youth Counselor/Mentor/Paraprofessional (Former Employee), orlando flDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very short breaks
 *Addressed mental issues for youth with emotional difficulties or health issues
*Supervise and interact with children or teenagers, assisting them in resolving problems and ensuring their physical and emotional needs are being met
*Specialized in working with people with disabilities, and substance abuse youth counselors help youngsters overcome addiction issues
*Scheduling and coordinating activities, meeting with social workers and other professionals, writing reports and completing client paperwork
Productive and Fun
BUSINESS SERVICES GROUP - Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FlOctober 31, 2014
I enjoyed working for the City of Orlando from 2011- to present. They always treat me like family and if I need anything they are accommodating to my schedule.
E-mail support and mobile device support
Application Administrator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: overwhelming
I manage (3) applications that the City Of Orlando needs to function. The e-mail system, our ticketing system and our mobile devices. My day is spent ensuring these applications don't crash.

I've learned that applications crash.

Management has done there best to support our needs

The co-workers do their best to minimize downtime

The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting an issue with multiple people

The most enjoyable part is being the one who got it right when troubleshooting an issue with multiple people.
Social Services Worker (Former Employee), Orlando,FLSeptember 17, 2014
Nice Experience Assisting the community
Good team work
Good management and co-workers
Fun work environment.
Marketing/Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
Worked independently, laid back management, nice co-workers.
it's a productive work place that provides fun and games ping pong tables pool tables
Maintenance Worker I (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: serve lunchs
Cons: healthcare benefits
working in a recreation center is a fun loving invironment working with the on a daily bases.
good
Assistant Auditor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was a harder worker and very nice.
Productive and long days
Recycling Driver (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 2, 2014
Co-workers were very enjoyable and made the work day fun. Learned a lot while at the company.
Very fun and productive workplace
Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: the kids
Working as a youth counselor assisting kids in daily youth activites. Great company to work for.
Security Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: get to see events
Cons: pay and not full time
I enjoy working here and the Security Management is Great. I enjoy working events dealing with Guest. And the teams and groups.
A great place to work
Counselor (Current Employee), 800 Howard Middle SchoolDecember 17, 2013
Pros: seeing students graduate after over coming challenges.
Cons: the need for more parental involvement in academics and social settings.
A great place to teach and mentor children, while helping them to improve academically and socially.
busy workplace and keeps a worker busy
Police Services Specialist, Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando FLDecember 6, 2013
Typical day is busy. Multi tasking is a must at this job! Cross training is very important in this job also. It was a great enviroment where a worker will have access to the officers on a regular basis.
Government Fun
Employment Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: wellness
Cons: can be very routine at times
Typical 8-5 day, fall into a nice routine, get an opportunity to learn new skills due to system changes. Culture while very familia can be difficult when requiring change. Helping folks find a job.