CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

one day
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 11, 2016
This was a one day job I was offered thru school to help during the 2008 Presidential election. my job responsibilities were helping in coming voters sign in and help with voting if needed. I really enjoyed doing this job because I was able to do my patriotic duty.
very little diversity
customer ser.field rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2016
There are not enough diversity with in the company, And they do not promote with in the company. Very few African American in management.
Pros
The is good
Cons
work is hard
It's cool
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 13, 2016
It's pretty flexible & good pay . I recommend this for anyone who likes a little sun and fun . The co workers are fun . Management is pretty flexible .
Great job.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work was enjoying the sun and nice cold swimming water, but also being on guard and making sure everyone at or in the pool is safe. Management was great, co-workers were friendly, and everything about the job seemed enjoyable to me.
Productive and fun workplce.
Child Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 6, 2016
A day at work is never boring. I learned to have much more patience. My coworkers are hardworking and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is getting kids to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing kids stories about anything and everything.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
not many kids go sometimes
Ok.
City Marshal (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 10, 2016
Looking to start a new career. Enjoy working with the general public, enjoy out door sports, boating and hunting. Would enjoy working at Cabela's.
Pros
Enjoy working.
Cons
none.
City of pasadena
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Transportation Dept / Customer ServiceMarch 1, 2016
Fast paced upbeat environment with great people to work with, and
there's always more to learn. Classes for self advancement are always available for employees via email wich is awesome.
The hardest part about this employer is my assignment ending.
Pros
Great working Enviroment
Cons
Assignment ending
Great job
Maint Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 22, 2016
This is a great job, the only problem this that I don't like the rotating schedule and working at night. If it wasn't for the schedule it would be ok.
Working by Choice and Not by Force
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2015
As I worked in a department of 80 employees; it wasn't difficulty to be able to get along well. Our department consist of carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, mechanics, management and secretaries. We understood that we are human beings which lead to team players. This created a fun and enjoyable work environment. Sure there were disagreements but there was mutual respect for one another as human beings. We had weekly committee meetings such as Management, Employee Advisory, and Organizational Training, etc. We became familiar with each section job responsibilities in case of short coverage. The meetings kept us focus on the "Big Picture". You know, the organizational vision and value. Every job responsibility exerts a high level of effort and perseveres towards goal attainment.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day, parties, extra day off, free lunches, promotions
Cons
agree to disagree
Work enviorment has changed
Construction Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2015
Pasadena is a great place to work. Culture, diversity and history make Pasadena a challenge. There is never a day that doesn't have something interesting going on.
Great
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 18, 2015
Great company to work for great group of people who trained me and helped me alot they where very understanding and greatful of my services..
A fantastic place to work
Sr. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 25, 2015
answer phone, service public, and contractors, I have learned how to issue city licenses, business licenses., The manager was to much of a push over, they would just run over her. So of my co-workers in the office were ok, The hardest thing for me was to know where I stood as a assistant manager ( Sr. Office assistant)., I enjoyed getting to know my customers and contractors.
Pros
We would get to gether and have a pot luck
Cons
Sometimes it was hard to get a vacation.
Productive environment
Mash Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  pasadenaSeptember 20, 2015
very organized and clean warehouse. loved being able to chose my own schedule. many opportunity for advancement there
The most enjoyable part of the job
RECREATION LEADER (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 26, 2015
It is a fun place to work for the company with a supportive manament. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
no healthcare
Challenging work environment
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 19, 2015
Working for the City of Pasadena was a very big challenge. The city is extremely busy from January 1st to December 31st. There was a lot of activity in all departments. The challenge forced you to be organized and disciplined. This was the positive aspect of working for the city. On occasion there were times were work was not completed on time. This was not on purpose but due to the workload. I enjoyed the excitement of the city and the employees who managed all the departments.
Pros
Beautiful city
Cons
heavy work load
Productive environment with room to learn and grow
Community Youth Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2015
A typical day consisted of picking up members, signing them in, and helping them with homework.
I learned how to work on my interpersonal skills, organization, mentoring, filing paperwork, and assessing situations.
Management was effective.
The hardest part of the job was establishing rules and respect for members at the center and not having parents follow through at home.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference in the lives of the children I was mentoring.
Library
Pasadena Public Library (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 20, 2015
It was a good environment to work, helping customers if needed, cleaning my work space and others, organizing event or books in their proper shelf's
very easy going
Recreation Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 17, 2015
everyone was super nice and fun to work with. there wasn't anything hard about this job. everyday was so much fun. i loved interacting with the children each day and playing games with them. we got to make up new games and teach them to the kids.
Pros
very easy job
Great job to grow in
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2015
great environment loved to work with others and accomplished my job duties. loved challenges and completing my job assignments that where given
Really great place to work and have fun you get to be out in the sun by the pool and get a tan
Manager/Certified Pool Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 9, 2015
i was a manager so I would I come and test the pool chlorine level, check the deck and water for any debree. Open up the pool to the public and make sure everyone is doing fine.

I learned the necessary skills to save a life such as CPR, First Aid.

Learned to be a Certified Pool Operator, as well as a Lifeguard Instructor

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to teach people life saving skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF PASADENA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3