CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews

You always make your 40
Vactor 2100 Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 11, 2017
Pretty much on call once clocked in. I would drive my Jet truck and use as needed by crew. Not any real overtime but you always get your 40. And you can't complain about that
Pros
40 hours
Cons
low pay
It was a fun and happy place to work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 10, 2017
The time I had there was fun, nice and controlled and did a good job at teaching responsibility. The days at some times were very hot and at times very long but it was worth it
Pros
Time in the sun and water
Cons
Long time on stand, short breaks, heat
great place to work
Public Works Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the city of pasadena. The pay was excellent and the environment was amazing. I learned a lot during my time there and value the experience
Just a really great place to work
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work was just easy load our trucks and go clean our parks the have on our route. I learned a lot from all the departments in parks and recreation. The supervisors are pretty chill with the employees all they ask is just come in do your job and go home. The workplace is good nothing really bad about the place.There is really no hard part about the job it's so easy even anybody can do it. For me the part I like about my job is the entire day it's pretty much chill nothing hard it's easy for me and it's easy for anyone.
Good Job little hours
Jr Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 24, 2017
Was a great first job. To bad the hours were short. This is the entry level position; incumbents train as a lifeguard while learning all aspects of operating a pool facility; monitors the proper conduct of patrons; enforces health and safety regulations at the pool facilities; assists lifesaving staff during emergencies; cashiers; checks patrons in and out for the purpose of swimming; performs facility maintenance.
Pros
Free meals and a gym
Cons
Little hour
Great and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2017
In the 3 years being there, I have gotten the opportunity to meet some great people and learn so much about Pasadena. My daily tasks would include phone calls from the citizens of Pasadena regarding their Pasadena Water and Power accounts.
Pros
Great city, great people.
Cons
Very stressful at times.
A fun working place
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 6, 2017
I love this job, it is just something for a person in school. It taught me a lot about myself and about working with kids. I love how they were flexible with me and worked with my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Productive fun palce
Permit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2017
Friendly environment. with a lot of focus on employee and community relations. The staff was helpful and friendly. there is much room for growth as a city of Pasadena employee
Pros
friendly
Cons
temporary
Fun and enjoyable
Journalism Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 23, 2017
I think this job was great being able to see and meet new people while learning so much about the city you live in. City Hall has a great culture of professionals.
Great environment and productive workplace
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 16, 2017
Processing payments and learning to balance register receipts. Understanding the best methods to practice efficiency and effectiveness. Sending out mail and ticketing information to ensure qualtiy
Pros
Schedule, Hours
Cons
part-time
Beautiful City, Ideal work place.
Lead Parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA 91105February 9, 2017
Beautiful sunny days, the Hardest part of the job is bad weather conditions such as rainy days, everything else is great. The people are very nice and friendly which makes the job more easier.
one day
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 11, 2016
This was a one day job I was offered thru school to help during the 2008 Presidential election. my job responsibilities were helping in coming voters sign in and help with voting if needed. I really enjoyed doing this job because I was able to do my patriotic duty.
very little diversity
customer ser.field rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2016
There are not enough diversity with in the company, And they do not promote with in the company. Very few African American in management.
Pros
The is good
Cons
work is hard
It's cool
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 13, 2016
It's pretty flexible & good pay . I recommend this for anyone who likes a little sun and fun . The co workers are fun . Management is pretty flexible .
Great job.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work was enjoying the sun and nice cold swimming water, but also being on guard and making sure everyone at or in the pool is safe. Management was great, co-workers were friendly, and everything about the job seemed enjoyable to me.
Productive and fun workplce.
Child Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 6, 2016
A day at work is never boring. I learned to have much more patience. My coworkers are hardworking and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is getting kids to listen. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing kids stories about anything and everything.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
not many kids go sometimes
Ok.
City Marshal (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 10, 2016
Looking to start a new career. Enjoy working with the general public, enjoy out door sports, boating and hunting. Would enjoy working at Cabela's.
Pros
Enjoy working.
Cons
none.
City of pasadena
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Transportation Dept / Customer ServiceMarch 1, 2016
Fast paced upbeat environment with great people to work with, and
there's always more to learn. Classes for self advancement are always available for employees via email wich is awesome.
The hardest part about this employer is my assignment ending.
Pros
Great working Enviroment
Cons
Assignment ending
Great job
Maint Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 22, 2016
This is a great job, the only problem this that I don't like the rotating schedule and working at night. If it wasn't for the schedule it would be ok.
Working by Choice and Not by Force
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2015
As I worked in a department of 80 employees; it wasn't difficulty to be able to get along well. Our department consist of carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, mechanics, management and secretaries. We understood that we are human beings which lead to team players. This created a fun and enjoyable work environment. Sure there were disagreements but there was mutual respect for one another as human beings. We had weekly committee meetings such as Management, Employee Advisory, and Organizational Training, etc. We became familiar with each section job responsibilities in case of short coverage. The meetings kept us focus on the "Big Picture". You know, the organizational vision and value. Every job responsibility exerts a high level of effort and perseveres towards goal attainment.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Day, parties, extra day off, free lunches, promotions
Cons
agree to disagree