CITY OF PASADENA

CITY OF PASADENA Employer Reviews

the management needs more training and lead worker
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee), CASeptember 9, 2014
not a fun place to be on there crew i was on i had to deal with the supervisor and lead worker yell all the time for no reason and then he would look for me to do his job for him. i wasnt lead work thats what his job title was.
Horrible Management/Director
EHS (Current Employee), 1845 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena CA 91803August 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management plays favorites and will make you suffer if youre not one of her puppets
Management is horrible and far the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life by a manager. Ive never been so attacked by upper management in my life. This individual is very absent minded and constantly blamed me for loosing things I was NEVER given. This was a very stressful job to have. Hopefully the next person doesnt have to suffer as much – more... as I did. If you do consider this position thats available now, make sure that you cater to upper management and verify everything thats given to you with email correspondence so you have proof if a dispute arises. – less
Productive work environment
Staff at the park (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, open to the public and etc
Cons: no breaks really
This job consented of working with kids from the ages 4-13 years of age. It was a summer day camp the kids would get drop off from 8-5, was the latest.We provide snacks, games, went on field trips every Friday and went swimming every day, took them to the library and etc. I love this job because i love kids and being around them.
Productive Fast paced-enviroment
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 22, 2014
A typical day in Park and Natural resources is start the day with a morning meeting. then we pick up trash in all the 16 parks on the westside of pasadena,ca. We also wash out the restrooms and cut the grass and pull weeds if necessary. Maintaining each park to a high standard is are job
end dump driver/equipment op
Contracted Driver in Transportation (Former Employee), Pasadena,caMay 2, 2014
Pros: always worked with great people
Cons: where was none
up at 4am out the door@5AM Drive to yard ck truck drive to Pasadena start my day@ 630 am .drive loader fill end dump with materials &take to dump.I try to learn something each&every day ,management has never been a problem iv always been a strong work well with others person&my co-workers are people I have always worked very well with.hardest part of – more... my day is to stop at a set time for breaks or lunch when im working.becoming friends and having a great place to work is the best. – less
Great place
Principal Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2014
Work at the City of Pasadena has been very rewarding and it is a great place to work and grow professionally.
Technical Support Tech II (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Excellent work life balance. A great place to introduce to new technologies.
Had to Leave
Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great city
Cons: bad leadership
I enjoyed most of my career here but current city leadership really doesn't care about employees and it shows. Some leaders may even be proud of it. If you're looking for a thriving career you may want to look elsewhere. The structure of the org has been consistently chaotic for years.
Highly rewarding
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 12, 2013
Excellent place of employment. Highly recommended. The employees and staff are cordial and are motivated to serve the public with a high degree of motivation and determination.
Great Work Environment with a Various Work Load
Principal Power Dispatcher (Current Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible lunch times and open communication with management to address any concerns immediately.
Cons: call out requirement and rotating shift work.
This job is the greatest job I have ever had. The work is challenging and fast paced as the work environment is in a dynamic flux. Having a presence in the control center at the hub of an electrical utility power distribution system is quite awe inspiring and very exciting. We work with a crew of two dispatchers monitoring the system with a coordinator – more... and a supervisor to oversee operations, policy and procedures. They make it so the focus of the system operators is uninterrupted and worry free. The upper management is friendly with very clear executive leadership and a dynamic vision. The hardest part of the job is leaving everyday because the level of commitment is so intense by all employees that they just do not want to leave. There is great camaraderie within the crews and open communication is not only essential but encouraged.
As a whole, this field is an exciting field to work in, but at this job site, there is an unique and enjoyable work experience to be had. – less
Fast pace
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Pasadena CaOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: temporary position
This was a temporary position that lasted for some years and they were wonderful. I assisted customer with bills taking as many as 150-200 calls a day. The people I worked with were easy to get along with and the hardest part was when we would get threats because customer electric would get turned off and they would come in and threaten to hurt management – more... but we worked about 100 feet from the police department so we always felt safe. – less
Productive workplace
Utility Worker I (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 24, 2013
Going out on long jobs and completing them in an efficient manner.
volunteer (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 3, 2013
The city of pasadena is full of culture and history. its full of great people and co-workers.
Municipal Government
Various Clerical/Administrative (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: fantastic benefits. friendly co-workers. get to work with the public.
Cons: don't have enough job openings to the public. promote internally.
Held various clerical/adminsitrative positions. Typical day of entering purchase requisitions, greeting visitors or vendors, accepting payments, maintaining databases and excel spreadsheets, preparing correspondence and email, answer multi-line phone system, maintain files.
Productive fast paced department at the City
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pension plan
Cons: work hours could be long with night community meetings.
Each day was different because of the diversity of the redevelopment being accomplished in the City. All co workers were expert in their field. The management was not far removed. A very personable place to work. Interaction with the community was always a new learning experience.
Worked along with the Sanitation crews
Sanitation Crew Member (Former Employee), 2102 E Southmore Pasadena TXFebruary 1, 2013
I helped pick up the cities refuge. We worked very hard to make sure we kept the city clean.
Productive and exciting
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: close destination
Cons: part time
Maintain general office procedures (photocopy, scan, fax) on a dailly bases. Organized agenda for scheduling appointments and events,
Created an efficient filing system for various office documents
Planning and coordinating recruitment events for employment office
Management is Terrible
Administrator (Current Employee), Pasadena,CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great healthcare, benefits, hard working colleagues, smart people
Cons: management is terrible
Until we get a new city manager and management team, I wouldn't recommend it. Fantastic place to work if you can stay as far away from management as possible.
Break room tv, couch
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: little or no monitoring
Cons: temp position
Start at 6:30am deliever containers for trash and deal with recycling and talk with customer also driving city vehicle how to deal all kind of customer, i like the management and co-worker very good people. Hardest part was lift 100 lb trash containers was the over -time. and the guys.
Productive and Interesing place to work.
City Service Worker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: discounts at certain places for city employees.
Cons: no cons
City of Pasadena is a city that cares,and takes care of its employees,and Residents.And I absolutely would to be a part of such a Great team,for such a great city!