CITY OF PASADENA Employee Reviews in United States

Great job to grow in
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 11, 2015
great environment loved to work with others and accomplished my job duties. loved challenges and completing my job assignments that where given
Fast pace
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CaOctober 16, 2013
This was a temporary position that lasted for some years and they were wonderful. I assisted customer with bills taking as many as 150-200 calls a day. The people I worked with were easy to get along with and the hardest part was when we would get threats because customer electric would get turned off and they would come in and threaten to hurt management but we worked about 100 feet from the police department so we always felt safe.
Pros
great people
Cons
temporary position
Very professional yet friendly workplace. Dedicated employees.
Assistant Public Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2012
Working for the City of Pasadena is a pleasure. It is very efficient and focused on meeting the needs of residents. Although it's a relatively small city with just under 140,000 residents, it is truly world-class, featuring big-city educational, retail and cultural amenities. And, of course, it's known worldwide for the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and Rose Bowl Game on New Year's Day.
Interesting and fun workplace
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 6, 2012
A typical day is very fast-paced working with great managers and co-workers to really progress and the most enjoyable part of my position is learning new information consistently from various team members and the hardest part of my role is just getting acclimated to the organization's structure and departments which will take time during my internship duration learning recruiting, staffing, onboarding, benefits, and HR administration.
Pros
free parking, close to restaurants, ex: cpk, starbucks and a lot of good retail stores.
Cons
long walk to car
Main career, worked there for 18 years from clerk to collections manager.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TxSeptember 5, 2012
A very busy workplace, fast paced, municiple court balanced work schedule in that half day spent interacting with public and half day spent on paperwork and computer system updates. I learned many things in 18 years please see resume. Management good, co-workers good. Hardest part of job was preparing warrants for arrest, but necessary for position. I enjoyed my final few years there when I saw the revenues coming in a visual reward for hard work.
Pros
good benefits, retirement, opportunity to advance.
Cons
politics.
Municipal Government
Various Clerical/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 17, 2013
Held various clerical/adminsitrative positions. Typical day of entering purchase requisitions, greeting visitors or vendors, accepting payments, maintaining databases and excel spreadsheets, preparing correspondence and email, answer multi-line phone system, maintain files.
Pros
fantastic benefits. friendly co-workers. get to work with the public.
Cons
don't have enough job openings to the public. promote internally.
Goal oriented with an empahsis on teamwork
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 13, 2012
Typical day at work consisted of Case Management for clients who were dislocated from their jobs and seeking new employment and/or training opportunities. Conducting workshops and doing administrative work to ensure that they were attached back to the labor force. I learned so much from my job, most importantly it taught me how to facilitate and implement government programs and run them successfully. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a team unit. The hardest part of my job was dealing with hard to serve population who had multiple barriers to employment. The most enjoyable was watching clients get excited and overjoyed when they find employment and are able to provide for themselves and their families.
Productive fast paced department at the City
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 3, 2013
Each day was different because of the diversity of the redevelopment being accomplished in the City. All co workers were expert in their field. The management was not far removed. A very personable place to work. Interaction with the community was always a new learning experience.
Pros
great benefits and pension plan
Cons
work hours could be long with night community meetings.
productive and creative work place
recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 7, 2012
Promotes, organizes and supervises all recreational activities on-site;
Plans, schedules and conducts a variety of exciting and foundational programs and activities for students;
Develops innovative, creative and enriching programs and activities for youth between the ages of 5 – 11
Pros
to provide a customer service
Cons
no healthcare
Break room tv, couch
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Start at 6:30am deliever containers for trash and deal with recycling and talk with customer also driving city vehicle how to deal all kind of customer, i like the management and co-worker very good people. Hardest part was lift 100 lb trash containers was the over -time. and the guys.
Pros
little or no monitoring
Cons
temp position
Productive and exciting
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Maintain general office procedures (photocopy, scan, fax) on a dailly bases. Organized agenda for scheduling appointments and events,
Created an efficient filing system for various office documents
Planning and coordinating recruitment events for employment office
Pros
close destination
Cons
part time
Productive Fast paced-enviroment
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 22, 2014
A typical day in Park and Natural resources is start the day with a morning meeting. then we pick up trash in all the 16 parks on the westside of pasadena,ca. We also wash out the restrooms and cut the grass and pull weeds if necessary. Maintaining each park to a high standard is are job
Had to Leave
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed most of my career here but current city leadership really doesn't care about employees and it shows. Some leaders may even be proud of it. If you're looking for a thriving career you may want to look elsewhere. The structure of the org has been consistently chaotic for years.
Pros
great city
Cons
bad leadership
Highest level of compentency and prestige in the urban planning field.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 2, 2012
Highly qualified staff. Earned my Master's in Public Administration Degree while working at the City. CSUN continues their cohort based program at City Hall. The community is highly engaged in planning matters.
Pros
team environment
Cons
quantity of work
Fun and laid back working environment.
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasFebruary 29, 2012
Parks and Recreation Department was a really fun place to work. During the summer you attend field trips with kids. There are activities daily that you are in charge of as well as giving lunches and keeping a clean and safe environment for the kids to play.
Productive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2015
The City of Pasadena was a very good experience that changed my life. The people were very pleasant to be around. The employees are very supportive people.
Pros
people
Cons
the assignment was over.
the management needs more training and lead worker
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 9, 2014
not a fun place to be on there crew i was on i had to deal with the supervisor and lead worker yell all the time for no reason and then he would look for me to do his job for him. i wasnt lead work thats what his job title was.
Management is Terrible
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena,CAJanuary 10, 2013
Until we get a new city manager and management team, I wouldn't recommend it. Fantastic place to work if you can stay as far away from management as possible.
Pros
great healthcare, benefits, hard working colleagues, smart people
Cons
management is terrible
Productive and Interesing place to work.
City Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 8, 2012
City of Pasadena is a city that cares,and takes care of its employees,and Residents.And I absolutely would to be a part of such a Great team,for such a great city!
Pros
discounts at certain places for city employees.
Cons
no cons
Nice place to work
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy the atmosphere and the people. Great place to work.
The finance department is well put together and everyone works as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF PASADENA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3