CITY OF PASADENA

CITY OF PASADENA United States Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: close destination
Cons: part time
Maintain general office procedures (photocopy, scan, fax) on a dailly bases. Organized agenda for scheduling appointments and events,
Created an efficient filing system for various office documents
Planning and coordinating recruitment events for employment office
Management is Terrible
Administrator (Current Employee), Pasadena,CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great healthcare, benefits, hard working colleagues, smart people
Cons: management is terrible
Until we get a new city manager and management team, I wouldn't recommend it. Fantastic place to work if you can stay as far away from management as possible.
Break room tv, couch
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: little or no monitoring
Cons: temp position
Start at 6:30am deliever containers for trash and deal with recycling and talk with customer also driving city vehicle how to deal all kind of customer, i like the management and co-worker very good people. Hardest part was lift 100 lb trash containers was the over -time. and the guys.
Productive and Interesing place to work.
City Service Worker (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: discounts at certain places for city employees.
Cons: no cons
City of Pasadena is a city that cares,and takes care of its employees,and Residents.And I absolutely would to be a part of such a Great team,for such a great city!
productive and creative work place
recreation leader (Current Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: to provide a customer service
Cons: no healthcare
Promotes, organizes and supervises all recreational activities on-site;
Plans, schedules and conducts a variety of exciting and foundational programs and activities for students;
Develops innovative, creative and enriching programs and activities for youth between the ages of 5 – 11
Good Place
Business Systems Analyst III (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 2, 2012
Good Place and Great People. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not what you know but who you know.
Secretary (Former Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: the raises were good.
Cons: the job had no benefits.
In the department I was working in was boring. I would just sit there and occasionally answer the phone.
Interesting and fun workplace
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: free parking, close to restaurants, ex: cpk, starbucks and a lot of good retail stores.
Cons: long walk to car
A typical day is very fast-paced working with great managers and co-workers to really progress and the most enjoyable part of my position is learning new information consistently from various team members and the hardest part of my role is just getting acclimated to the organization's structure and departments which will take time during my internship duration learning recruiting, staffing, onboarding, benefits, and HR administration.
Main career, worked there for 18 years from clerk to collections manager.
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TxSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: good benefits, retirement, opportunity to advance.
Cons: politics.
A very busy workplace, fast paced, municiple court balanced work schedule in that half day spent interacting with public and half day spent on paperwork and computer system updates. I learned many things in 18 years please see resume. Management good, co-workers good. Hardest part of job was preparing warrants for arrest, but necessary for position. I enjoyed my final few years there when I saw the revenues coming in a visual reward for hard work.
Goal oriented with an empahsis on teamwork
Case Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 13, 2012
Typical day at work consisted of Case Management for clients who were dislocated from their jobs and seeking new employment and/or training opportunities. Conducting workshops and doing administrative work to ensure that they were attached back to the labor force. I learned so much from my job, most importantly it taught me how to facilitate and implement government programs and run them successfully. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a team unit. The hardest part of my job was dealing with hard to serve population who had multiple barriers to employment. The most enjoyable was watching clients get excited and overjoyed when they find employment and are able to provide for themselves and their families.
Highest level of compentency and prestige in the urban planning field.
Planner (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 2, 2012
Pros: team environment
Cons: quantity of work
Highly qualified staff. Earned my Master's in Public Administration Degree while working at the City. CSUN continues their cohort based program at City Hall. The community is highly engaged in planning matters.
Very professional yet friendly workplace. Dedicated employees.
Assistant Public Information Officer (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2012
Working for the City of Pasadena is a pleasure. It is very efficient and focused on meeting the needs of residents. Although it's a relatively small city with just under 140,000 residents, it is truly world-class, featuring big-city educational, retail and cultural amenities. And, of course, it's known worldwide for the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and Rose Bowl Game on New Year's Day.
Fun and laid back working environment.
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TexasFebruary 29, 2012
Parks and Recreation Department was a really fun place to work. During the summer you attend field trips with kids. There are activities daily that you are in charge of as well as giving lunches and keeping a clean and safe environment for the kids to play.