City of Peoria Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Human Resources Specialist/Workforce (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 11, 2016
A lot of cliques within the department. Management is a joke. They are too busy not doing their jobs and trying to be their employees girlfriends. No room for growth unless you are in good with management.
Pros
Off every Friday, good benefits, nice people.
Cons
Unprofessional and management does not address issues in the department.
Strong workgroups
Public Information Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 22, 2016
The City of Peoria is an exciting work environment with excellent management. If you are hired by the City, you are considered one of the best in your profession.
Exciting face paced work environment.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 2, 2016
There is no typical day in this job, it is a very faced paced mentally challenging profession.

The company is a government agency that is run by government employees who are in charge of the day to day activities to reduce crime.
Overall positive workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I started my tenure with the city of Peoria in 2014. Being a rec leader was my first job and I can honestly say it was a fun one. Interacting with students and co-workers was the best part of the job. The bosses were relatively understanding and for the most part allowed flexible scheduling when given advanced notice. My largest complaint about having worked here was the interaction with parents. In my entire year and a half stint with the city, I never once saw a city employee lose their patience with a parent. The same cannot be said for the parents. And when the parents (or guardians) of the children complained to our bosses about how the program was run, the blame would immediately be placed on the recreation leaders despite our bosses being the ones in charge at the end of the day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good childcare experience
Cons
Management, angry customers
Great company
Part-time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 22, 2015
Great company to work for and also provides you with great experience as well. They have a great training process. Also they provide flexible hours for staff to work.
Good Job
Before and after school care (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 1, 2015
This job is really good. But I need something better to support my daughter. It is really good for someone that is going to school during the day and can only work about 5 hrs a day.
Great place to work for
Part-time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 24, 2015
Its a great place. Trainers made sure we were trained properly on all tasks. We always had meetings to go over operations on a month to month basis.
Pros
Great staff, Flexible hours
Cons
This is a volunteer position with Human Resource doing customers service
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 15, 2015
Utilizing my masters degree by volunteering with the Human Resources allows me to keep my skills that I enquired from school and keep my skill set in HR current.
Pros
working with peers
Cons
not a full time position
overall a great place to work. Loved the job and my co-workers. Management was more micro management style yet did not communicate well on expectation
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 11, 2015
Overall a great place to work. Loved the job and my co-workers. Management was more micro management style yet did not communicate well on expectations and areas to improve
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management style
Nice workplace
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 28, 2015
A good workplace my direct supervisor was very distant. Most work was very regulated however there was a outstanding group of co-workers.
Pros
consistant job
Cons
low pay
exelent work envirment
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 15, 2014
I learned a lot at this job all my co workers were great people and I loved the part that I got the chance to guide crew and the opportunities job provided though my schedule became my problem.
Pros
loved the envirment
Cons
the schedule
professional work place
TRANSIT DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 19, 2013
Heavy phones, taking calls from residents throughout the day for trip requests for following day, great knowledge of the and surrounding city, having to work closely with the elderly and their needs for transportation, having to direct fellow employees as to what their work schedule should be for that particular day. I enjoyed all of my co-workers they work ethics work great. The hardest part of my job was working with the political aspect of the company. I really enjoyed working with the public and helping them with their requests and needs with great satisfaction
Pros
great postion to have helped me work on all of my dispatch sklls
Cons
very demanding customers with specials needs
Good place to work. Good people to work with.
Lead Instrument Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Wide range of daily duties. Never a dull day. No day is ever the same.
Customer service satasfaction, Service repairs done in a timely manner
All Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 24, 2013
My day would start at 7:30am dressed into uniform and clock in at 6:00am. I learned how to do tire repairs on heavy and light duty vehicles, Scheduled PMs on heavy equipment front to back inspection under unit.

Great job for education major students
Rec Leader III (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 1, 2013
• Run and organize a before and after school program for ages 5-14
• Plan activities and projects for each day
• Experience working with Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint…ect.
• Tutor and help children with homework
• Supervise other recreation leaders
• Experience maintaining program documentation, files and records
Pros
Fun, fast pace job
Cons
Hours, Benefits, paid time off
Very productive and learning environment.
Utilities Operator Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 30, 2013
There was never a typical day where i volunteered, every day was different, meaning one day i could be fixing a water line, to letting water flow out of fire hydrants.

I learned the basics on how a water system is maintained, how it works.

I had great co-workers, we would have a great time at work and have lots of fun(still getting the job done effectively and efficiently).

There wasnt really a hard part of the job, there was a part of the job though where i would have to go door to door to notify the home owners and tell them i would have to shut there water off for an hour.
Somtimes they would like that.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself doing the work, and getting up in the morning and meeting up with my co-workers.
Pros
freedom, fun work environment.
Cons
n/a
Quality people, quality equipment, quality product.
Utility Systems Operator I (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 20, 2012
The City's Utility Department is top-notch. There's nothing that these people can't do...at any time, 24/7...these people rock!
Pros
too many to list in the space provided.
Cons
too little to note of in the space provided.
Good Place to work without too much stress
Public Works Intern (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2012
Co-workers and bosses were extremely helpful and wanted to help me learn. I was an intern and came away with a whole new understanding of the civil engineering field. Must be self-motivated to enjoy working here.
Pros
hour lunch
I was a crossing gard,
School Crossing Gard (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2012
I helped grade school age kids cross the busy intersections to get to school. I did this in the morning and the ed of the school day.
Pros
i enjoyed the kids
Cons
i needed more hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Peoria. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Peoria Reviews by Location