City of Peoria Employee Reviews

Not bad but not great
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 30, 2017
stressful atmosphere, too much politics, good management in most departments, hardest part is not feeling appreciated, most enjoyable are the co-workers
enjoying helping people with computer problems
Help-desk Operator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Answering phone calls & e-mails for computer related problems.Running reports and foie requests were a part of my everyday tasks. Running back ups for the mainframe system as well.
i loved working with them aways worked as a team
Recreational Leader III (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 4, 2017
I loved working there wish i didn't move but moving back to phoenix .
i like that we got to interact with different people , worked with kids it was fun and hard but a good place to work for . the statff was good to work with very organized and alot of team effort .the only thing i wish was more hours
Pros
managment great good pay
Cons
more hours and benefits
Great company
Rec 1 (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 24, 2017
I love going to work, I love being able to have an effect on the children's lives and have good days with them. Management is good, the best part is really the children, they make the job what it is. The hardest part is learning the children in the beginning and getting to know what they like dont like and etc.
Pros
children
Cons
learning someones house.
History
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 21, 2017
Peoria has a rich history and enormous potential. The city still has some maturing to do but it has a great foundation and as a place to live there are many great venues for outdoor and other formsof entertainment and dining.
Pros
History
Cons
It is in Illinois - State Debt is dampening the cities potential
No forward momentum
Recreational Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 16, 2017
Love the programs they offer, but in the Community Services area they have no interest in evolving and being better. It's more important to place blame for our errors instead of learning and growing from them.
landscapeing mariners padres
Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 12, 2017
I really loved working here and learned a lot. but I really missed Omaha and phoenix is just to hot some days reached over 120 degrees but the managers where awesome there
Census
Census Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 1, 2017
Training for the census job was thorough. Access to supervisor for any questions was very good. I felt comfortable asking questions and checking in for guidance. Very autonomous, which I didn't mind. Everyone involved was helpful and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was getting folks to come to the door!
I enjoyed the people that I worked under and with. It was easy to discuss issues and get feedback about how to best go about the job.
Pros
Autonomous
Cons
Apartment building stairs
Good job
Crew Leader, Special Census (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 23, 2017
Met a lot of great employees. The opportunity to help the city conduct this census was rewarding. I would do it all over again if available. Thank you.
Not a fun place to work
Human Resources Specialist/Workforce (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 11, 2016
A lot of cliques within the department. Management is a joke. They are too busy not doing their jobs and trying to be their employees girlfriends. No room for growth unless you are in good with management.
Pros
Off every Friday, good benefits, nice people.
Cons
Unprofessional and management does not address issues in the department.
Strong workgroups
Public Information Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 22, 2016
The City of Peoria is an exciting work environment with excellent management. If you are hired by the City, you are considered one of the best in your profession.
Exciting face paced work environment.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 2, 2016
There is no typical day in this job, it is a very faced paced mentally challenging profession.

The company is a government agency that is run by government employees who are in charge of the day to day activities to reduce crime.
Fiscally sound and conservative
Environmental Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Energetic and passionate Mayor who cares about and values our most precious resource, Water! The City weathered the economic downturn without layoffs or furloughs due to its sound financial principles and policies and compassionate leadership.
Overall positive workplace
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 25, 2016
I started my tenure with the city of Peoria in 2014. Being a rec leader was my first job and I can honestly say it was a fun one. Interacting with students and co-workers was the best part of the job. The bosses were relatively understanding and for the most part allowed flexible scheduling when given advanced notice. My largest complaint about having worked here was the interaction with parents. In my entire year and a half stint with the city, I never once saw a city employee lose their patience with a parent. The same cannot be said for the parents. And when the parents (or guardians) of the children complained to our bosses about how the program was run, the blame would immediately be placed on the recreation leaders despite our bosses being the ones in charge at the end of the day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good childcare experience
Cons
Management, angry customers
Great company
Part-time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 22, 2015
Great company to work for and also provides you with great experience as well. They have a great training process. Also they provide flexible hours for staff to work.
Good Job
Before and after school care (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 1, 2015
This job is really good. But I need something better to support my daughter. It is really good for someone that is going to school during the day and can only work about 5 hrs a day.
Great place to work for
Part-time - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 24, 2015
Its a great place. Trainers made sure we were trained properly on all tasks. We always had meetings to go over operations on a month to month basis.
Pros
Great staff, Flexible hours
Cons
This is a volunteer position with Human Resource doing customers service
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 15, 2015
Utilizing my masters degree by volunteering with the Human Resources allows me to keep my skills that I enquired from school and keep my skill set in HR current.
Pros
working with peers
Cons
not a full time position
overall a great place to work. Loved the job and my co-workers. Management was more micro management style yet did not communicate well on expectation
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 11, 2015
Overall a great place to work. Loved the job and my co-workers. Management was more micro management style yet did not communicate well on expectations and areas to improve
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management style
Nice workplace
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 28, 2015
A good workplace my direct supervisor was very distant. Most work was very regulated however there was a outstanding group of co-workers.
Pros
consistant job
Cons
low pay