City of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Great Location
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19102January 2, 2018
Being employed by the City Of Philadelphia is awesome for many reasons but here is one: location. Center City is the best place for employment. It is easily accessible by all means of travel.
Stay away from DHS(social work services manager)
Social Work Services Manager (Former Employee) –  DHS CYDDecember 23, 2017
Extremely stressful, cut throat supervisors, no support, heavy caseload, long hours and low pay....helping children and youth was a blessing. However, there was no time allowed to write your notes. You were either in court all day or in the field. Sometimes both and unrealistic expectations by management. If you had to place a child that would take up to 4-8 hours and then you're not getting home until 2:30am and expected back in the office at 8:30am.
Pros
Paid hoildays
Cons
Hetic environment; heavy caseload; no organization
working Full time
PMA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2017
I love my job because of how many lives i reached. Working with the public has its challenges, over all i learned how to swim and working with others.
Pros
teaching the public
Cons
Some of the public are not nice to the equipment and the Staff at times.
Great pay if you count OT
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2017
Job has unlimited over time, was very stressful, best benefits ever! Management can be tough due to relaxed rules and nepotism. Job will get you to the next level if you have bigger goals or even make a cool career.
Pros
unlimited OT, benefits
Cons
management and stress
I enjoy my job but I’m looking for a different employer.
Sanitarian Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
I like the job, but I’m need a change at this point in my life. Working for the City of Philadelphia is a good place when your looking for a solid job with job security.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Lacking Communication
Network Tech
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
Check ticket queue for possible network issues. Brief meeting with upper management regarding possible projects in pipeline. I learned a lot. Older techs take pride in passing on necessary job skills. Hardest part of my day is waking up to start my day.
Pros
Learning and growing in my role with the City of Philadelphia
Cons
Could be better pay
Secure place to work
Traffic Engineer Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2017
Helping with my future and retirement goals, get to go out in the field for on site studies, also spend time in the office for work order write ups, great benefits.
productive, interesting, and spontaneous
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2017
I learned new techniques on how to deal with people, remain calm on emergency situations, different life saving skills, learned to work well with other people,
Pros
you can move up the ladder
Cons
Overtime can be too much at times
Pscg
Police School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2017
The PartTime Seasonal was good, but when the weather was challenging in was difficult. I did enjoying working with children. the school early days and holidays were great.
Librarian;s Assistant
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
Assisted librarian and library patrons with selecting or researching books or business info. We also selected. received, sorted and placed new acquisitions. We collected fines. We also created and facilitated various cultural and family programs for the community.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
It was part time.
Good Working Environment
Acting District Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
For over 20 years , I participated in assisting the local community have the safest out of school time. All activities were for the enjoyment of all participants in a recreational setting.
One of many departments
CLERK TYPIST (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
The department od public health is only one department within the city of Philadelphia. However, this department needs major improvements in every way.
Pros
Worklife balance, paid holidays
Cons
Low Pay, Few opportunities for advancement
Health Center 10
Medical Assistant/Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2017
My typical work day starts at 7:30 every day. I could start my day off with anywhere from 3 to 10 patient waiting to have lab studies performed. I have learned to take each day as the last, management here is great they are flexible when needed. The culture here is diverse both co-workers and patients which can at time be hard to deal with because of the language barriers. I enjoy being able to serve the public daily.
Atmosphere is good
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2017
We get along well . My department is kind of relaxed but it can get a little overwhelmed .supervisor very nice and very helpful. I like when we all get together and celebrate holidays or sometime they treat us to lunch or breakfast.we have a lot of inservices. Also you can take advantage of the training the city provodes
Pros
A lot of paid holidays
Good company
Human Resources Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2017
Great learning experience. Workplace Culture in the Human Resources Department is very professional. Corporate Culture was great and everyone was very helpful.
Bad Salary, Good Environment
Multilingual Human Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2017
Working at the Office of Human Resources is stressful
Other offices like Philadelphia Commission of Human Relations is not so. Flex hours + good team
Pros
usually good team, flex hours, paid time off
Cons
extra time might be req., low pay, possibly bad team
Public Works - Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 22, 2017
Productive work environment, many learning opportunities,diverse work environment, several advancement opportunities, competitive pay and benefit options
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
unprofessional management
Great work environment
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2017
This workplace is a very positive place. We have a great camaraderie. We help each other out when necessary. We process the invoices daily, in a timely manner. We learn a bit about budgeting and grants as well as general accounting.Management does the best they can with what they are given.
It’s a ok place to work
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  7901state rdOctober 19, 2017
It’s not too bad it’s supervisors who doesn’t do there job is the problem if you go and do your job and stay to urself you can make lots of money over all it’s ok
Great summer job
RECREATION SPECIALIST INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
I worked as an RSI for belfeild rec center and it was an amazing job the kids and staff are the best really fun trips and it was never a dull moment only hard part was the job is seasonal