City of Philadelphia

City of Philadelphia Employer Reviews

Retail Gap life
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great discount, family and friends discount, volunteers opportunities, charity program
Cons: pay rate, no healthcare program, poor management opportunities, no room to grow
The actually loved the Gap until recently. I started for the Gap Inc. company in 2004. Gap strives for great customer services and welcoming back new and regulars.
good place to work
Engineering Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be, locating water lines underground be reading blueprints and marking it's location.
wonderful opportunities for advancement
Social Worker II/ Court Liaison II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: exceptional line staff, tuition reimbursement and educational opportunities
Cons: long hours
Very caring management and Union support.
Various opportunities for advancement and training. Wonderful opportunities for education advancement and support. Great benefits.
Great Job Just Was Not For Me
RECREATION FACILITY CARETAKER 2 (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: outdoors
Cons: lack of support
Cleaning the parks and rec centers of Philadelphia. I gained a lot of skills and grew as a person. he greatest joy was seeing something that was a eye sore become beautiful.
great place to work
Food Coordinator(Supervisor) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2014
I had the greatest experience working for this division of the city. It gave me a great appreciation for the food services provided to our youth and also helped me to gain advantages in areas of social responsibility.
Excellent Benefits, Excellent Management.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: no cons.
Study smooth day, Leadership skills, Excellent Management.
productive and fast paced
Medical Assistant/phlebotomist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2014
i really love the type of work that i do! i enjoy being helpful to my patients and being able to make their day go just a little better, thats my joy. so it doesnt matter what im going through in my personal life being the best at my job for my patients just makes my problems not an issue while im here!!!
Good learning environment for many database systems.
Data Services Support Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very helpful supervisory training.
Cons: stressful constant interaction with difficult customers.
Highly professional supervisory oversight and a strong relationship with supervisors in training development.
Calm
Summer Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2014
Calm day. i learned to use a buffer. management is busy and keep order. co-workers are great and helpful. hardest day is a rainy day but my best days are when the parks were clean with no debris
Great, fast pace environment
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, community, promotional advancement, options of transferring to various special units, training.
Cons: work in all types of weather, holidays and various hours.
With 14 year experience there are many highs and lows. There is no typical day since every situation is extremely unpredictable.
Productive enjoyed working for the city of phila
Revenue Assessment Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: n/a
Retrieving clients account information. Entering data in system.

How passionate every one treated.

Responsible for all Bilingual translations

Management was excellent in tune with everyone needs whether was part-time level or full time level.

I honestly have to say nothing was hard. Everyone was so understanding and helpful.

Knowing that everyone – more... was genuine. – less
Not a friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: an entire lunch for a dollar everyday, sometimes there are down times where work may be a bit slow paced
Cons: location very close to interstate, winters are hectic because streets may not be shoveled
I do not work inside the prison. I work with the Executive department for all Administration. Most of the people I have met outside of the prison were very office friendly and willing to help each other in any way.
Laborer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2014
Co-workers were great, management didn't respect you neither peers.
good part time job
school crossing guard (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no over time
its a great work place .. you work close to home. the children needs your help
Municipal Goverment
311 Call Center Agent (Current Employee), City HallJune 19, 2014
Pros: information on city departments
Cons: contract negotiation w/mayor, healthcare, mandatory overtime
A typical day at work is busy and most often times hectic and exhausting. Working with the constituents of the city of Philadelphia can be very taxing because many city departments are not functioning as effectively as they should, which leaves the residents very frustrated and the frustration in often directed towards the 311 call center agents.

Working – more... in the 311 call center has taught me a lot about city services and departments and their daily operating functions.

The co-workers are a great group of people, always willing to offer help and support.

The hardest part of the job, is attempting to provide information to residents that are so irate that they refuse to listen.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is receiving a call back from a resident expressing their satisfaction for a resolved issue and accommodating me for my exceptional customer service. – less
Productive Business Oriented Workplace.
Data Services Support Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: hour lunch breaks and two 15 minute breaks, health and dental benefits, paid vacation, sick leave
Cons: you only get four or five step increases in pay but after that, your raises are based on whatever contracts the union agrees to with the city
A typical day at work is having enough work to last me through the day and enjoying the company of my co-workers.
I have learned that you have to make sure you have a good work ethic because people look at that and your work ethic may determine how far you advance in the workplace.
My co-workers are good people to work with for the most part but sometimes – more... I wish some of my co-workers would stop complaining about everything and just do what the job requires.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes working around people that make a big deal about every little thing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work I do. I enjoy entering data into the computers and it makes life so much more enjoyable when you can go to a job you don't mind doing. – less
Very Stale
Auditor I (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Not good place to work at all, Too much politics, bad for growth, very bad career choice, cold co workers, harsh office politics. Ignorant and incompetent staff
Great Work Experience
Manager, Risk Management Services (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2014
Worked with many insurance brokers and carriers, on behalf of City of Philadelphia, School District of Philadelphia and a number of social service entities supported by the city. Worked directly with departments to assist with Insurance and Risk Management needs.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Sevice Rep (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Very busy on the phones and entering information to the computer.
To a lot about handling stress customers.
Management where great and my co-workers were great to work with.
Hardest part of the job none.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to calm customers and help them in there situation.
Great workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2014
I love my job as well as my co-workers, I have learned a lot. Management could be better but overall a great experience.

1 2 3 4 5