City of Philadelphia

City of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

fast paced environment,fun place to work and learn.
Volunteer - District Attorney's Office (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: flexable hrs
Cons: excessive walking
good place to work! friendly and cooperative staff. I worked as an assistant to the legal staff. pre trial prep. Pro's flexable hrs. con's excessive walking.
Energetic
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits and mobility
Cons: in harms way
Answering radio calls. Learned how to interact with people who are irate. Management works with you and helps you along the way. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part was separating a child from their mother. The most enjoyable is watching a person who was locked up turn their life around.
ASSESSMENT CLERK
ASSESSMENT CLERK (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
• Conducts data collection and data entry related to property assessments; consults several sources for information pertaining to property ownership to ensure correctness and accuracy; compares and researches various records and documents such as deeds, plat maps, property record cards, zoning codes, and tax and water revenue information to determine and resolve discrepancies.
• Records new account numbers for properties that are consolidated or sub-divided; records and verifies physical characteristics of properties; updates mainframe property information records to include property lines, property codes and dimensions; ensures property files are kept up to date; prints and files hard copies to include all necessary information.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses standard computer software programs.
fun work enviroment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: overtime
Carelink was a stepping stone and was good for me at the time. They were flexible with my child care needs and allowed me to make up missed time
City Job
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2014
Makes the career what you want to make it. Great people and lower level management support is great. Benefits and room to move around is great. Awesome job just be able to move past the politics
Horrible work place
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2014
they treated the workers horribly there. truly a dreadful experience.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Every day was a new challenge. With over 2500 employees in 3 locations there was always something new that needed to be addressed in regards to computers hardware/software.
Worked as a team
Summer Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, MSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: worked as a group and got the job done.
Cons: didn't really know what you were going to be doing from one day to the next.
Everyday there was something different for us to do, for the most part.
Retail Gap life
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great discount, family and friends discount, volunteers opportunities, charity program
Cons: pay rate, no healthcare program, poor management opportunities, no room to grow
The actually loved the Gap until recently. I started for the Gap Inc. company in 2004. Gap strives for great customer services and welcoming back new and regulars.
good place to work
Engineering Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be, locating water lines underground be reading blueprints and marking it's location.
wonderful opportunities for advancement
Social Worker II/ Court Liaison II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: exceptional line staff, tuition reimbursement and educational opportunities
Cons: long hours
Very caring management and Union support.
Various opportunities for advancement and training. Wonderful opportunities for education advancement and support. Great benefits.
Great Job Just Was Not For Me
RECREATION FACILITY CARETAKER 2 (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: outdoors
Cons: lack of support
Cleaning the parks and rec centers of Philadelphia. I gained a lot of skills and grew as a person. he greatest joy was seeing something that was a eye sore become beautiful.
great place to work
Food Coordinator(Supervisor) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2014
I had the greatest experience working for this division of the city. It gave me a great appreciation for the food services provided to our youth and also helped me to gain advantages in areas of social responsibility.
Excellent Benefits, Excellent Management.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: no cons.
Study smooth day, Leadership skills, Excellent Management.
productive and fast paced
Medical Assistant/phlebotomist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2014
i really love the type of work that i do! i enjoy being helpful to my patients and being able to make their day go just a little better, thats my joy. so it doesnt matter what im going through in my personal life being the best at my job for my patients just makes my problems not an issue while im here!!!
Good learning environment for many database systems.
Data Services Support Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very helpful supervisory training.
Cons: stressful constant interaction with difficult customers.
Highly professional supervisory oversight and a strong relationship with supervisors in training development.
Calm
Summer Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2014
Calm day. i learned to use a buffer. management is busy and keep order. co-workers are great and helpful. hardest day is a rainy day but my best days are when the parks were clean with no debris
Great, fast pace environment
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, community, promotional advancement, options of transferring to various special units, training.
Cons: work in all types of weather, holidays and various hours.
With 14 year experience there are many highs and lows. There is no typical day since every situation is extremely unpredictable.
Productive enjoyed working for the city of phila
Revenue Assessment Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: n/a
Retrieving clients account information. Entering data in system.

How passionate every one treated.

Responsible for all Bilingual translations

Management was excellent in tune with everyone needs whether was part-time level or full time level.

I honestly have to say nothing was hard. Everyone was so understanding and helpful.

Knowing that everyone was genuine.
Not a friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: an entire lunch for a dollar everyday, sometimes there are down times where work may be a bit slow paced
Cons: location very close to interstate, winters are hectic because streets may not be shoveled
I do not work inside the prison. I work with the Executive department for all Administration. Most of the people I have met outside of the prison were very office friendly and willing to help each other in any way.

City of Philadelphia Salaries