City of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Eye Opener
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2015
It was here that I realized that I wanted to help people but not in this way. I wanted to be a positive source of a persons life. I learned a lot and came to see that this was not the job for me.
Informative
Clerk typist 1 (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2015
Good place to start if you're unsure about college, room for advancement. Will pay for your education and training also, great benefits.
Good Job
Network help desk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: steady stable work
Cons: location
It's nice and steady work. The people there are all good people who work together with one another. The technologies are up to date.
Great position to have to provide for your family.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: stressful work environment
Attend roll call. Receive my assigned area. Review logs. Do head count. Begin daily schedule.
I learned that great conflict resolution skills, and mutual respect are key in the workplace.
My co-workers were knowledgeable.
The hardest part of the job was, having to watch my back at all times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was, clocking out at the end of the night.
love it
Transitional Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Bobby Crocker

Philadelphia, PA 19121
2121 N. Uber Street

DIRECTIVE: To apply my administrative and management skills towards a rewarding and challenging position in armed security and/or law-enforcement.

Education: Bensalem High School, Bensalem, PA, 1981-82, MajorPhotography: Business
Benjamin Franklin High School, Phila., PA, 1983-85, Diploma: Liberal Arts
Art Institute of Philadelphia, Phila., PA, 1986-88, Degree:
Security Program, Inc., Phila., PA, 2005, Act 235 Certification
CAREER HISTORY:

Metro One - Loss Prevention (
Field Manager

2005 – 2007 ROMAN SECURITY, Philadelphia, PA
Armed – more... Security Guard, Lieutenant and Supervisor

Secures precious artifacts in Franklin Institute of Philadelphia. Supervised other armed and un-armed guards on site.

2005 – 2005 CHASE BANK, Fort Washington, PA
Mail Room Operator

Coordinated incoming mail and dispensed inter-building correspondence. Managed courier services and shipping/receiving. Managed a full work staff of 10. Researched and accounted for certified, registered and express mail. Obtained and maintained lease agreements for electronic machinery and equipment. Acted as a liaison between upper level management and associates.

2003 – 2005 GEO/WACKENHUT, INC., Thornton, PA
Correctional Officer, Armed

Work responsibilities included maintaining security and inmate accountability to prevent disturbances, assaults or escapes by inmates. Provided routine reports on inmate conduct and on quality of work done by inmates.

2000 – 2003 VANGUARD INVESTMENT GROUP /IKON, King of Prussia, PA
Docu-tech Operator

Objectives include in-process and equipment handling with a high degree of efficiency and minimal supervision. Performance and calibration of Docutech instruments. Continuously working in teams in implementing and executing productive techniques to ensure meeting inner and outer-departmental deadlines.

FIRST UNION BANK, Philadelphia, PA
Information Systems Trainer

Responsibilities included training employees to effectively conduct research and analysis of inaccurate and insufficient systems correspondence. Retrieval of customer DDA and Savings statements through various optical systems. Reclamation of debit/credit items facilitated by digital information systems.

FIRST UNION BANK, Philadelphia, PA
Team Leader

Coordinate and assign daily activities for proper execution of financial documents and general memoranda. Implement and discharge procedures for bulk materials.

S.O.S. SECURITY, INC., Philadelphia, PA
Supervisor

Supervise and assign weekend officers to secure and maintain the building.

1994 –Present CITY OF PHILADELPHIA, Philadelphia, PA
Proctor

Instruct and monitor testing candidates. Ensure completion of pertinent documentation and literature. Ensure proper execution of exams.

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, Philadelphia, PA
Transitional Clerk

Objectives include sorting all types of mail. Input of information into database format. Acting as a team leader.

References: Available per request – less
Its a palce that you must love what you do people need your help for so many different thing from something as simple as generating and e-mail addres
Department of Technology - Computer Instructor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: gives me a great personal satifaction
Cons: there are none
a typical day as a computer instructor is never typical its always something different happening , i learn just as much as i teach from little kids to the older people my management allows me to operate most programs on my own ,i try to listen to the request of the community , there needs and wants when it come to digtal communication , i have some of the best co-workers , we call each other when support is needed and can depend on each other.
the hardest part about this job is to keep comming up with new idea's to keeps things fresh in the lab , its just my heart good to know that im apart of something that makes people happy
Great Place to work
Security Analyst/ Disclosure Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Management is great. This place is a friendly place to work and there is great upward mobility.
Great experience
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Great experience for a project manager. Learning a lot about the Department of Public Health.
It is benefical to the community what I do
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Long and tideous work. Very high level security of exams. manager is very demanding. co-workers are okay. the repetitiveness of the job. I get to help people everyday
Had good times and bad times but overall productive
Police officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2014
Pros: getting respect from the public, benefits
Cons: not knowing whether u going home each night
Everyday is different good and bad, the most enjoyable part of the job is people I worked with.always had a good time.
fast paced environment,fun place to work and learn.
Volunteer - District Attorney's Office (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: flexable hrs
Cons: excessive walking
good place to work! friendly and cooperative staff. I worked as an assistant to the legal staff. pre trial prep. Pro's flexable hrs. con's excessive walking.
Energetic
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits and mobility
Cons: in harms way
Answering radio calls. Learned how to interact with people who are irate. Management works with you and helps you along the way. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part was separating a child from their mother. The most enjoyable is watching a person who was locked up turn their life around.
ASSESSMENT CLERK
ASSESSMENT CLERK (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
• Conducts data collection and data entry related to property assessments; consults several sources for information pertaining to property ownership to ensure correctness and accuracy; compares and researches various records and documents such as deeds, plat maps, property record cards, zoning codes, and tax and water revenue information to determine and resolve discrepancies.
• Records new account numbers for properties that are consolidated or sub-divided; records and verifies physical characteristics of properties; updates mainframe property information records to include property lines, property codes and dimensions; ensures property files are kept up to date; prints and files hard copies to include all necessary information.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses standard computer software programs.
fun work enviroment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: overtime
Carelink was a stepping stone and was good for me at the time. They were flexible with my child care needs and allowed me to make up missed time
City Job
Police Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2014
Makes the career what you want to make it. Great people and lower level management support is great. Benefits and room to move around is great. Awesome job just be able to move past the politics
Horrible work place
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2014
they treated the workers horribly there. truly a dreadful experience.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2014
Every day was a new challenge. With over 2500 employees in 3 locations there was always something new that needed to be addressed in regards to computers hardware/software.
Worked as a team
Summer Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, MSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: worked as a group and got the job done.
Cons: didn't really know what you were going to be doing from one day to the next.
Everyday there was something different for us to do, for the most part.
Retail Gap life
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great discount, family and friends discount, volunteers opportunities, charity program
Cons: pay rate, no healthcare program, poor management opportunities, no room to grow
The actually loved the Gap until recently. I started for the Gap Inc. company in 2004. Gap strives for great customer services and welcoming back new and regulars.
good place to work
Engineering Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be, locating water lines underground be reading blueprints and marking it's location.