City of Phoenix Employee Reviews

Great Running Public Agency
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
If you want a truly rewarding opportunity with tremendous growth potential, good pay and industry leading benefits package, consider the City of Phoenix. The City has rebounded from the recession and has brought in quality leadership to recreate the strategic vision and services to the community. There are many great employees and a strong service culture.
Pros
Benefits, stability, community support.
Cons
Some departments are much better than others.
City of Phoenix
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
The City of Phoenix's strong ethical training and practiced diversity is what I was seeking when applying. My section actively leads by example and encourages personal growth with city-offered classes, training and their new mentoring program.
Pros
Excellent work culture.
Cons
High mandatory pension plan
I was a volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2018
I was volunteering there because my dad worked there so it was a great opportunity for me & I loved being around all the kids and loved helped participating in the activities they did around the community
Relaxed, fun environment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Very talented staff and managers. A great way to learn how to communicate with a vast demographic of people. I enjoyed working with kids of all ages for swim lessons.
Great job
Public Works/Administrative Services/ IT Section (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2017
COP offered me the opportunity for professional growth and education. My career was personally satisfying and I would promote employment there & advancement
Pros
education partially paid
Cons
Neighborhood Specialist, Neighborhood Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
None to report. Just. working the system. Not really in tune. Just punching clock. Early to work and early to leave normal day. Really nice people, enjoyed that.
Great environment
Equipment Operator I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
A great place to work every one is very helpful, able to advance to other fields of work. Classes are available to to gain other skills, management is very approachable.
Pros
work
Cons
schedule
A work environment I can appreciate
Automotive Technician Fleet Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2017
Predictable work environment that I enjoy. Some days are more challenging than others but help me to grow and adapt. The benefit package is second to none and allows me to be a parent with enough time off to enjoy life. The Pros outweigh the Cons.
Pros
Benefits and Work environment
Cons
Lack of updated equipment
Relaxed work enviorment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2017
I loved working there cause management was very nice and helpful. It was my first temp job and loved it. I would love to work for the Senior Companion Program again. But there was no more funding. It was a great for our Seniors.
Pros
Loved Management
Cons
Closed the program
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day would be taking customer calls and handling dispute calls, payment calls, situations were customers may need assistance. Calls per day would be between 60-100 calls, time on each call would be 3 minutes are less. I handled some other projects, like bankruptcy accounts and tax accounts. I would investigate the accounts to see if there were and balances they owed City of phoenix, also if the customer needed any help with paying, I had to look for information that would lead me to the customer so City of Phoenix could get paid. My job was fast pace. I learned office skills and being professional.
Pros
Days when customer are agitated.
Cons
Days when I could make someone smile.
Enjoyed instructing employees about Bloodbourne Pathogens
Safety Trainer ETC Solutions (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Worked as a independent contractor for ETC Solutions.

The training classes were 2 hours in length and consisted of a power point presentation and examples of personal protective equipment.
A great place to work with benefits that are hard to find.
Library Support Services Supervisor/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
I can recommend the City of Phoenix as a great place to work, if you can find a good job fit with a good supervisor. I hired several employees into an "entry-level" type of position who were able to promote into a career position. Several are well on their way to retirement. There are an almost unlimited number of opportunities to promote inside the City of Phoenix, if you have the skills required. They even offer tuition reimbursement (to full time employees) so you can acquire the necessary skills. Even though the benefits have changed since I started, I still suggest taking a look into what the City has to offer.
Benefits
Cons
Some salaries not competitive
Productive with the opportunity to learn new things
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
Productive with the opportunity to develop my skills and learn new things or take on new projects. Also, provided an opportunity to maintain and develop relationships with various levels of professionals.
Good, Fast paced enviornment
Water Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2017
This position requires you to understand how to read water meters on a daily basis. Also Change water meters out; fix leaks and turn on and turn off delinquent customers.
Pros
Builds Character and Work Moral
Cons
city of phoenix golf course
Parks and Recreation Aide Golf (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZSeptember 13, 2017
I intended to work part time while in college,
The hours got longer and the morale got lower.
Eventually i found myself not wanting to go to work.
Took shorter shifts and focused on other places to be.
Was fun and learned new things.
But never again, here anyway.
Great Place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work, I really enjoyed coming in everyday to spend time with clients and interact with colleagues. There was never a dull day, we strived to do our best to help the community.
Great
Community Worker II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Great place, great opportunities. Busy location but worth it.
I learned a lot many networking opportunities for job advancement.
Lots of movement and change in supervision.
Good
Parks and Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
Responsible for the care and development of young mind and bodies. Assist Recreation Leader with paperwork, participant reports, call logs, on-site registration, and nutrition reports. Assist with various activities, such as arts and crafts, group games, and snack time.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Little hours, not enough pay and No benifits
Opportunities are plentiful
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Sky Harbor International AirportAugust 23, 2017
Excellent place to work. Sky Harbor International Airport. Close to downtown, recreational and entertainment spots. People are friendly and are willing to help without exception
Pros
Mangement
Cons
Commute to work is extensive
Great experience
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85003August 18, 2017
Overall it was a great experience. Never had the same day twice. You had to be quick on your toes to solve decisions quickly and efficiently. As much as I enjoyed it, I had it feeling it was not for me so I resigned.
Pros
Good pay, fun. An experience everyone should encounter to know how much law enforcement life is stressful
Cons
Be willing to help people and be criticized if it does not go the public's way