City of Phoenix

City of Phoenix Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Veterans Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2014
I work with veterans that are seeking employment. This ranges from aiding them in areas such as computer skills, resume building, online applications and networking.
Great people to work with. City believes in keeping employees
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2014
Pros: lots of people relying on your competance to keep data online
Cons: worked in basement, no windows to the outside.
Loved working for Phoenix Police. Every day brought new challenges. Had opportunity to use SQL skills to provide various solutions to other IT departments. Such as validation, ETL and parsing data.
Worked closely with group of 6 developers. Helped to support in-house applications and vendor applications for Payroll, Off Duty scheduling, Extra Duty scheduling, Rebid, Conflict resolution, Crime Lab, Crime analysis. Property warehouse and Card Access.
fun place
Account Clerk III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
collect for the city of phoenix i learned how to set invoices for new companies that are starting up a new business. vcery strong and independant workers management is the best.
Great benefits, good security
MARKETING PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Very structured organization. Many people work here for their entire careers, mostly because of pension reasons. Good benefits.
Friendly and fun employees in a fast paced, hard working environment
Groundskeeper (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nice hours, good training
Cons: no room for advancement, no benefits
My day consisted of maintaining the landscape around city parks in North Phoenix. I learned a lot about landscaping and general maintenance and gardening. I had daily interaction with the residents of Phoenix. The hardest part of the job was working out in the elements. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly staff who were always willing to help in anyway possible and a set schedule.
City is not doing so good, time to move on...
AIX 5.3/6.1/7.1, Solaris 10,Admin (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: reducing pay...
Been at the city for 2 years now and well its time to move on. Less resources to work with, decreasing moral, and ready for a change.
Contract position - fun
Coordinator - Department of Engineering (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
Pros: co-worker assistance
Cons: leaving
Organizing records and obtaining documents for workers. Learned much about zoning. Management was great...allowed for creativity. Co-workers were welcoming and helpful. Hardest part was leaving everyday. Enjoyable was working with co-workers
Fun, professional and active
Recreation Instructor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2014
Involvement with children after school and summer camp with providing the best fun, active and safe care for the children.
Great advancement opportunities
Retirement Program Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities.
Cons: political climate.
Well compensated and wide variety of jobs to apply for. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the City employees and helping the retirees.
great work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2014
responsible learning everyday how to work with different customers love working with people.
i workedd at the civic plaza and there was many events
Civic Plaza Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunch was taken when we werent busy
Cons: they had very good benifits
I set up events for upcoming meeting and events that were going on this was a very busy environment I enjoyed working for everyone there
maintenance
Trades Helper (TH) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2014
doing yard work , basic up keep of sites.
plumbing
electrical
painting
drywall
customer oriented
Case Worker I promotion (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2014
A typical day at work for me consist of doing classroom visits, I have a case load of 80 families and parents come to my office to discuss their family goals and helping them achieve their goals by providing them with community resources available.
I have learned that each family and their members have to be treated individually and that I really enjoy working with the different cultures.
Our management division is always supportive and is open to new ideas as long as it for the benefit of the families in our program.
I have 10 co-workers in the same office and we all offer a unique approach to working with families and we work as a team and are supportive of each other.
The hardest part of the job for me knows that there are situations and circumstances that cannot be change no matter how hard we work because they are out of our control.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the families reach their goals. This is a big deal for me because I am bilingual and I can see the progress with some families up close and I get to work with them for 2 years.
Excellent place of employment, with good benifits, and advancement.
Airport Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, people
Cons: sometimes you were required to be very flexable in work environments, and or duty hours.
I was employed by the City of Phoenix for the past 22 years. During that time period I was a Park Ranger and later became an Operations Assistand at Sky Harbor Airport. The Ranger position was very enjoyable, because you had a lot of freedom to apply your abilities in many different areas, from Law Inforcement, too Horseback riding and/or Educating the public on environemental issues. While an Operations Assistant I performed mainly customer service duties, safety, and security. This enabled me to make many aquintances with folks from all over the world, and was the most interesting part of the job. Both jobs were at times tedious but enjoyable. Spending long hours on foot, horseback, or in a vehicle, was the hardest part, but it was well worth the experience.
Information Technology
User Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
This is a great place to work and looking for something else in my town of Goodyear, Arizona.
always a good day at work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2014
Pros: very calming, working for the city had great benefits
Cons: not enough people to help take care of the tournaments
show up grab a gator and run the horse trails, checking for any signs of motorized activity or homeless people. if there is anything going on I was to inform in superior and then handled from there. Then back to maintaining the soccer and diamond back little league facility. Hardest part of my job was keeping the park clean when there were thousands of people there for the soccer tournaments. Reach 11 was a very calming place to come to work cause of its size.
Relaxed atmosphere
Clerk II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: nepotism
It was a pleasure to work for the Water Services Dept. But working as a city temp, I had no benefits. Although I had applied for a permanent position several times, I was passed over in favor of a candidate with no prior knowledge or experience because of nepotism.
fun and a great experience
Police Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2014
working along side people and learning a new experience of everyday. My coworkers made everyday a different experience.
Great workplace.
Research Intern (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2014
A laid back work environment focused on academic approaches to long-term projects.
Used GIS to supplement other research.
Most excellente!!!
SUPPORT SVC AIDE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2013
Pros: best in the city
Cons: phoenix is very hot in july - september
The best job ever!!!
Very pro education, all the benefits known to the free world that are exceptable by the public. Leaving was the hardest part of the job!!!
The pay is a very comfortable living wage, it all matters on the education and job title!

1 2 3