City of Phoenix Employee Reviews

good communitation from the top to the bottom
Utility technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about working at the city of phoenix. my co workers were always will to help out the (new guy) the supervisors were awesome to work for.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
late start times in the summer
busy office
Account Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2017
Mgmt was less than desirable. I worked as a temporary employee, never a permanent employee. Job security is excellent there once a permanent staff. Getting to be placed permanently was difficult bc more times than not they would hire from within first.
Phoenix Heat
Advanced Lifeguard/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
if you can't be in the sun then this is not the job for you. it need constant concentration for the safety of young swimmers. You need to take it professionally because you are in charge of someones life and safety.
na
Operation and Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2017
city hall likes to micro manage and aren't knowledgeable about how system on operation really work. HR isn't very knowledgeable and often gives miss information.
challenging work place, great team
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2017
Working for a city government was a new experience. Learned a lot about managing a team and working with unions. Led a small team and was unable to replace team members who retired due to hiring freeze.
Awesome Place to work
Municipal Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Change of management made it difficult to work with. The hardest part of the job was working directly with the public. The public is actually scary!
Rewarding and productive work environment
Phoenix Police Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2017
Phoenix Police Department offers a variety of career opportunities. rewarding career path with great benefits.

The most enjoyable part of a career with Phoenix Police is the camaraderie and career path avenues.

The hardest part of the job is the inherent danger of a job in law enforcement.
Great people to work with
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
● Technical Customer support
● Installing, troubleshooting and disconnecting, internet, phones, CAT-5, CAT-3
● Convention projects set-up, breakdown
Pros
Working at a new center
Cons
very slow pace
loved it until!
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  91st Ave Wastewater Treatment PlantMarch 4, 2017
I worked for two different departments (and provided service to all department) over the 17 years I was with the City of Phoenix. I loved everything about it until I worked for the water department. The management culture is horrible. The facilities are secure but it felt like we where locked in with bullies and predators. People preyed on anyone less aggressive. As a woman who had only ever worked with men 20+ years it was the first time I felt fear from my co workers. I loved my first 10+ year with the city but fled the water department after 5 years. I don't regret leaving.
Great Place to Work
Water Service Utility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoy working for the City of Phoenix because it is a good company to work for. It is a multicultural workforce and upholds internal and external customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
11.5 percent pension participation
Great Place to Work room for growth
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work, excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement, Lots of training opportunities as well as promotional advancement opportunities.
Pros
Training opportunites
Cons
Retirement plan changes for new employees
Alive workplace with true professionals who love what they do.
User Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with the IT Department's printer rollout project. If I could work again in any of my previous jobs, this would be the one.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
None.
Fun and vibrant city to work with!
Venue Host (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
As a Venue Host at the City's convention Center, I engaged with guests of all ages providing information on current happenings, and directions. Here, I learned many of the inner workings of a city staff.
My managements was inspiring and completely professional in authoritative measures.
The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting folks from all around the world, and being able to represent such a vibrant and hospitable city.
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Working with the city is great place to develop and improve overall great leadership and great pay overall in the future takes care of you medically
Productive and a fun workplace
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
A new learning experience and very productive. Also meeting new people and learning new things is something I loved because everyone was nice and welcoming. They wanted to help you gain experience and learn something new. You learn a lot about how to help yourself, especially when having a interview for a job. They helped me better my resume.
Pros
Snacks on lunch break
Cons
Early shifts
Rewarding and Fun place to work
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2016
Engaging in fun activities in Art, Math, Science, and Physical fitness.
Working in different Elementary Schools where the PAC Program was located.
Pros
pay range
Cons
part time only
management not very helpful
Bi-Lingual Utilities Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2016
very strict with customers accounts but yet long time employees don't follow strict guidelines.. leads are rude and don't seem to want to help new employees.
Pros
8-5 M-F only no weekends
Cons
no overtime included just 40 hours a week
Good employer
Facilities Contract Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to work, provided me with 26 years of job security and great benefits. Met lots of great people and gained so much knowledge. Loved serving the public!
Super Employer enjoy going to work.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2016
The City of Phoenix is the best match for me as an Auto Tech. Start time and stop time allows me to be a parent, and avoid rush hour traffic. Management has always been fair and treats me as an individual rather than a number.
Great job i loved working there.
Groundskeeper/gardner (Former Employee) –  northwest districtAugust 10, 2016
I was educated in the landscaping industry they taught me many irrigation techniques that I feel I can put use into future jobs. There were some days where the weather was a bit extreme but I pushed through and always made sure I finished the job adding onto that fact the most difficult part of the job was the learning the irrigation techniques.
Pros
benefits and pay are definitely a pro
Cons
No overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Phoenix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3