City of Pittsfield Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable job.
Pittsfield (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAApril 30, 2017
My job at the school department has made me a better a person. I enjoy working with children that need me either emotional or with their education. I have also learned so much from them. Sometimes life is hard but somebody else's life could be a lot worse. And a smile can go a long way in life.
Pros
Breaks, Sick days and maternity leave
Cons
Not enough subs
Poorly run, difficult managers, not a place to work
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 16, 2017
There is nothing good that I can state about this place. I do not recommend any one applying here. The management is the worst that I have ever encountered in my working career. Unbelievable how lousy employees are treated here. My word of advise, run! do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment, lousy, mean managers
Unproductive, very poor place to work, don't waste your time.
PAST WWTPO MOPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAOctober 29, 2015
Very poor place to work. The pay for a WWTP Operator is the lowest in the state. Very dirty place to work. Employees are treated like dirt. You will be working weekends at your base rate of pay, not at an overtime rate. Sometimes only 8 hours between shifts and paid at your base rate. Plan on working Holidays. The plant is staffed 24/7. You will be required to work any shift and that may change at any time. Sometimes all 3 shifts in the same week. Plan on working in the rain, snow, hot sun, and any terrible weather conditions. If you have a waste water licence there are many other places to work where you will be treated with respect, paid well, and appreciation. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Cons
Treated like a piece of menur!!!
Very depressing place to work.
Treatment plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MaOctober 16, 2015
Very unfriendly working environment. Little or no raises. No tuition reimbursement as stated in the ad. Must work split shifts, nights, weekends, holidays. Would not recommend if looking for career.
Cons
Work split shifts, nights and weekends.
Productive Work environment
highway department (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 7, 2014
Co workers were friendly and willing to show me new jobs. I enjoy working for the city.
Challenging career
Water, Sewer and Drain Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMarch 12, 2012
Very challenging and enjoyable career choice, always outdoors and in the weather
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
summer temp help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Pittsfield. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Pittsfield Reviews by Location