City of Plano Employee Reviews

Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Great atmosphere, excellent team and management. I learned time management and daily planning, team work, and working with others. The job was fast paced, and tedious.
Good learning experience
Fire Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2017
City of Plano is a good place to learn about local government. Working for the fire department was a great learning experience and the team really stuck together.
bad management
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 16, 2017
management in the water department is horrible. people talk about people non stop and no one does anything. there are to many people working in the water department so most of the day you sit there & do nothing.
Pros
Boring job
Cons
Boring job
Working at the City of Plano
Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) –  City of Plano, TXJuly 27, 2017
Management would have me work on an assigned project with detailed meeting with our PMO office to get specific details. I always had a timeline and always met my deadlines while bringing a project in at or under budget.

The hardest part of my job was unexpected project creep.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the technical challenges and being able to work with some of the finest people.

I have been fortunate to be able to meet and work with some of the brightest minds in the I.T. industry while being mentored and then helping other through my past experiences.
Pros
CBT Nuggets on-line courses.
Cons
Not enough staff
Professional company
COURT CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 3, 2017
A good place to work. It was a demanding job but they tried to treat everyone fairly. The hours and benefits were great. I enjoyed the continued education provided/
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Demanding
Not the place for everyone
Customer & Utility Services Rep II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 27, 2017
This isnt a place for everyone, the politics involed in working in local government is stressful at best. changes arent the problem, but the fear of citizens by management is.
Pros
close to home
Cons
many
Amazing job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2017
The City offered advancement within, support from management, and continuous opportunities to learn. The City has competitive pay, is very organized, and also lays out very clearly what the job expectations are.
Well maintained and balanced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2017
I enjoy coming to work daily and being able to learn to new things. I am able to take on new tasks and expand on procedures. We work very well as a team and that is important to me.
911 Operator/PD dispatcher
911 Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 8, 2017
Typically the work is pretty mundane, interspersed with absolute chaos. The best part of the job is you tend to have a lot of time to read, play around online, and any other simple hobbies you may have.
Pros
Lots of free time, Excellent pay
Cons
Too much forced overtime
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2017
This job was a great learning experience. I learned the in's and out's of 911. I miss the constant hustle and bustle of the department. It was a great place to work.
multiple opportunities for different types of positions within the city
Municipal Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Supervisors advised that there was an open door policy, but it seemed like that was a consistent thing for all employees. Since some of the functions in the city were able to be completed online there was less work within in the department, but our seniors changed things to help us find something to do.
Great place to work, best equipment and training available
Detective (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The Police Department is committed to the mission. They provide outstanding training and equipment to allow the employee's to accomplish that mission.
Pros
Great Benefits, Equipment and training
Cons
Manpower issues are affecting morale
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2016
Great company with great benefits. Management is reasonable and concerned about the employees. We are encouraged to move up and treated eith repect.
Na
SPECIAL PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 4, 2016
NA Plano is the City of Excellence. The co-workers were very smart individuals. The best part of the job was being a part of a team/family.
customer service and community driven
EMS and Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 11, 2016
answer telephone calls made ti 9-1-1 emergency phone lines to determine emergency. dispatched police and ems personnel.
Good job for earning money as teenager
Certified Lifeguard and Certified Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  City of Plano, TXMarch 2, 2016
Good job for earning money as teenager. Lot of free time and fun job. Though it is low paying. Does require basic ability to swim and some fitness.
Pros
Lot of free time.
Cons
Low pay
it was a job and a chore
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Poor environment, poor coworker attitude. Toxic mindset, wasteful spending and a lot of small talking behind backs. 8 hr shift was nice, lots of calling out by staff for mandatory Over time
Productive and Fun place to work.
Utility Operations Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Typical day is 7 to 330 pm. During probation stage you will be learning everyday about your job. Management is great. Co-workers are nice and hard workers. Hardest part about the job can be the labor. Most enjoyable part about the job is the freedom and hours. You have weekends off.
Pros
Benefits, workplace
Cons
pay
A Great place to work!
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Provided Phone, Remote Desktop or On-site support for City of Plano Employees. This included all government facilities within the city. Support range from software, hardware networks and printers. Installed PC Replacements for Library's, Fire and Police Departments, Courts, City Hall, Public Works, Emergency Operation Center and 911 Call center. Answer calls from employees and create a ticket using Altiris ticketing system. After creating the ticket, it would be dispatched to the appropriate department within Technology Services.
Pros
Awesome People
Fun place to work
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Tom Muehlenbeck CenterNovember 3, 2015
This is a position with the Plano Parks and Recreation Department. It is a fun and rewarding place to work, where I can build my customer service skills and some sales.
Pros
fun and stress free