City Of Pomona

City Of Pomona Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMarch 16, 2014
Working for the City of Pomona I was always be on my feet, there would always something to do. I would answer phones and scheduled meets. I would be at the offices disposal.
Fun work place
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: christmas parties, excellent benifits, health, dental, and vission planes
City of Pomona, typical day of work would consist of picking up trash for the local residents. At the end of the day go empty my truck and then clean it for the next business day. Management was excellent to work for, I have no complaints at all. It gave me a new prospective of dealing with the public. I met a lot of nice people.
Tremendous exposure to various program management methods.
Housing Analyst/Grants Coordinator (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Positions provided exceptional development opportunities in the areas of time management, project coordination, communications, research, capacity building and contracts management.
lifeguarding for the city of pomona
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Pomona, CASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good pay, swimming, flexible hours
Cons: summertime employment only, no longer hiring lifeguards
if pomona still had an aquatics team i would love to try and get back into lifeguarding.

had a good living wage pay

fun people to be around including management

protecting and helping kids to perfect swimming was a good experience and ill always appreciate the opportunity i had working as a lifeguard for the city of pomona.
one of the lowest paying cities in the area, worst management
Traffic Signal /Street lighting tech (Former Employee), Pomona, CAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: days off, ok benefits
Cons: poor job security, city is always broke and looking at layoffs
management is run by the city council, management personnel is rejects from other cities because no one wants to work there and if they are any good they are looking to move on immediately. Job security is a joke, no materials to work with because they dont have money, only benefit is time off, you get every other friday off.
bottom line is if you take a job there use it to get on somewhere else
It was a pleasure working with the parents and kids everyday
DIRECTING TRAFFIC & PEDESRIANS (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: kids
Cons: short hours
well first of all it's a great filling making sure that everyone crosses the street saftly to and from school also just being around both parents and children that really appreciated the time and effort to just make sure that they get to and from school saftly really their really wasn't anything hard about the job i just enjoyed and really appreaciate the acknowlegment and the way both parents and kids would just be thankful and just went out their way to thank me for helping them
Very professional place to work
Office Assistant I (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJune 19, 2012
Pros: positive people and very professional
Cons: things slowed down. i like to keep busy.
I enjoyed working for the City of Pomona, based on their Professionalism. Very positive place to work, enjoyed interacting with the different departments and everyone got along with everybody. Also, Management was very helpful in ways with giving positive feedback to their employees.
I enjoyed working for the City of Pomona, as well as all the City programs.
Recreation Leader After School Program (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMay 31, 2012
Pros: fun working environment, fun job
Cons: not much money
I enjoy working with kids in a fun and interactive environment. Of course working with a group of elementary kids can be taxing, but so very gratifying. I especially enjoyed my co-workers, we ususally only saw each other at staff meetings or outside of work because we each had our own site.