City Of Pomona Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and great place to work.
Office Assistant I -Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 5, 2014
Assigned to the Human Resources and City Clerk Departments - answered incoming telephone calls and determined purpose of the callers and forwarded calls to appropriate personnel or department. Assist enrolls and deletes employees from insurance plans, benefits, also maintaining and updating records of cost and provisions of polices, contracts and statistics. Answered general questions about the organization and provided callers with address, directions and other information. Collected daily mail, sorted and routed, as needed. Sent and retrieved faxes. Alphabetized and filed personnel and workers’ compensation paperwork in appropriate files. Performed other clerical duties as needed such photocopying and data entry. Provided excellent customer service skills to patrons. The management and co-workers are a wonderful team. The most enjoyable part is help the Pomona community.
Pros
great city
one of the lowest paying cities in the area, worst management
Traffic Signal /Street lighting tech (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 29, 2012
management is run by the city council, management personnel is rejects from other cities because no one wants to work there and if they are any good they are looking to move on immediately. Job security is a joke, no materials to work with because they dont have money, only benefit is time off, you get every other friday off.
bottom line is if you take a job there use it to get on somewhere else
Pros
days off, ok benefits
Cons
poor job security, city is always broke and looking at layoffs
Fun work place
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 13, 2014
City of Pomona, typical day of work would consist of picking up trash for the local residents. At the end of the day go empty my truck and then clean it for the next business day. Management was excellent to work for, I have no complaints at all. It gave me a new prospective of dealing with the public. I met a lot of nice people.
Pros
christmas parties, excellent benifits, health, dental, and vission planes
just a great place to work
solid waste disposael (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 3, 2015
in by 530 am done by 1;30 pm liked learning new routes got to know the city real well . co workers were great always ready to give you help if needed . would be on my route by 5;45 picking up green waste by 9;30 i would go and dump my first load then back to the same route to pick up recycled waste would finish by 12;30 and go dump then back to the yard to finish my paper work . supervisors always asking how the day went very positive attitude from them .though i was only part time i really enjoyed my time there .
Pros
holiday lunches great co workers
Cons
its just like any other job there were some that wouldnt pull there weight .
lifeguarding for the city of pomona
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 8, 2013
if pomona still had an aquatics team i would love to try and get back into lifeguarding.

had a good living wage pay

fun people to be around including management

protecting and helping kids to perfect swimming was a good experience and ill always appreciate the opportunity i had working as a lifeguard for the city of pomona.
Pros
good pay, swimming, flexible hours
Cons
summertime employment only, no longer hiring lifeguards
Very professional place to work
Office Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 19, 2012
I enjoyed working for the City of Pomona, based on their Professionalism. Very positive place to work, enjoyed interacting with the different departments and everyone got along with everybody. Also, Management was very helpful in ways with giving positive feedback to their employees.
Pros
positive people and very professional
Cons
things slowed down. i like to keep busy.
It was a pleasure working with the parents and kids everyday
DIRECTING TRAFFIC & PEDESRIANS (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 3, 2012
well first of all it's a great filling making sure that everyone crosses the street saftly to and from school also just being around both parents and children that really appreciated the time and effort to just make sure that they get to and from school saftly really their really wasn't anything hard about the job i just enjoyed and really appreaciate the acknowlegment and the way both parents and kids would just be thankful and just went out their way to thank me for helping them
Pros
kids
Cons
short hours
Tremendous exposure to various program management methods.
Housing Analyst/Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Positions provided exceptional development opportunities in the areas of time management, project coordination, communications, research, capacity building and contracts management.
I enjoyed working for the City of Pomona, as well as all the City programs.
Recreation Leader After School Program (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 31, 2012
I enjoy working with kids in a fun and interactive environment. Of course working with a group of elementary kids can be taxing, but so very gratifying. I especially enjoyed my co-workers, we ususally only saw each other at staff meetings or outside of work because we each had our own site.
Pros
fun working environment, fun job
Cons
not much money
Productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 16, 2014
Working for the City of Pomona I was always be on my feet, there would always something to do. I would answer phones and scheduled meets. I would be at the offices disposal.

4.5