City of Prescott Employee Reviews

city of prescott
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 24, 2015
It was doing trash, cleaning all the bathrooms, sweeping and mopping the cork floor. Than it was vacuming, cleaning tables, and doing what ever else needed to be done. I learned to carpet clean, paint, sand, and other things. Management was pretty good for most of the time. I worked over night, and there was only three of us, so co workers were good. Cleaning the bathrooms was the hardest there was 8 bathrooms, and a lot of detail went into each one. Just learning something new everyday.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
overnight, three story building, had to do a lot in a short amount of time
Good ole boys going strong
Management (Current Employee) –  City HallAugust 20, 2015
Led by big fish in a small pond - very scary place to work. No security whether you perform your job or not. Promotion and job security based on participation in the good ole boys network.
Pros
One of few local places with benefits
Cons
Management and minions
professional Organization
Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 23, 2015
Great city to work for. The training put on was second to none. I mostly enjoyed the company of my peers and often wish that I had never left.
Pros
Benefits, sense of pride in my community
Cons
Fun work environment, got to play with kids all day and go to different lakes and parks.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 21, 2013
There was not one typical day at this job we were constantly doing different activities on a day to day basis so the kids didn't get bored.
I learned CPR, a bunch of fun games, and also how important it is to be vigilant at all times
The management was great the camp director was like a big kid so I found it easy to relate. The supervisor was a bit more quiet but we still got a long and I never gave her a reason to complain.
My co workers were some of my best friends, enough said.
The hardest part of the job was when we went canoeing. As a 16 year old female I felt nervous rearing a boat on my own and being the main muscle in the group.
The most enjoyable part was playing with the kids in the rec room, we always had fun group games and I enjoyed them a lot.
Pros
Got a lot of sun and a lot of fun experiences.
Cons
You never really got a break, watching kids requires a constant visual.
All in a days work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prescott, WINovember 21, 2013
A typical day is full of multitasking. I am first contact for phone and counter for 4 to 5 hours a day.
Do to the many changes in the Wisconsin politics it has been a challenge to keep up with payroll aspects.
Hardest part of my job is not being able to give 100% concentration while entering the payroll and accounts payable.
Most enjoyable part is interaction with the residents, providing both internal and external customer services.
Low paying job
Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 20, 2013
Looking to move into better government job. Cannot afford to live in today's world on the wages they offer.
Disappointing
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 6, 2013
My typical night was cleaning the police dept and dispatch. I didn't have a problem with the work itself. However, I don't feel I was fully appreciated. Started out as PT then went to FT but they still had me classified as PT Temporary so therefore I was unable to receive any benefits.
Worked for 4 years, various duties
Recycling (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 29, 2013
Typical day, dealt with the public, very busy facility, rewarding feeling helping people, days went by fast