City of Puyallup Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Amazing people
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 18, 2017
An awesome place to work when you need a fun job, not really much room for growth. The people are amazing, but sometimes the environment can be considered a bit less than inviting
Great place to work.
it helper/intern (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 17, 2014
management is great
co-workers are helpful and pleasant to work with
Municipality at it's best
Supervisor A/R, Customer Service, Utility Billing (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 6, 2014
Great employer who allows you to grow into other areas. Great hands on experience from auditing to rate structuring.
Great company to work for.
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day at work would start early morning and sometimes go until early evening. Managing athletic fields could be challenging with the weather we have here you would get everything perfect and then....... there's rain. I learned how to opertate a lot of new equipment, my previous maintenance skills helped a lot when it came to fixing things. I enjoyed working hard on a project and being complimented on a job well done. My co workers were all great to work with we all worked well as a team.
Pros
good location close to home. reasonble hours.
Cons
position is seasonal so i work only during the spring months.
Great fun places to work!
Haunted Hayride Roaming Actor (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 11, 2013
Had my first job through a school program at the Puyallup Web Development department which was a short walk from my highschool. Every halloween there are also opportunities to volunteer or work at The Haunted hayride. You get to help set up the scenes that people see, and work behind the scenes or in the scenes as scary characters to give the people a scare when they drive by!
Good group of guys to work with
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  PuyallupJuly 27, 2012
On a typical work day you get to the shop before 6 AM and you all gather at your spot in the office and await for the days requirements. It could be anything from cutting trees down to grinding a sidewalk or Asphalting. City work is very strict on obeying safety guidlines especially in the public eye. You are there to hinder to citizens needs and wishes. The crew all gets along and makes the day enjoyable.
Pros
3 day weekends during the summer. always have set hours.
Cons
doing not so fun work during the rainy months.