Applications will only be considered if applicants apply on the City website
Under administrative direction, is responsible for planning, developing, managing, and evaluating project activities, including but not limited to, financial feasibility studies, community liaison, preliminary negotiations, contract preparation and supervision.
This position will be assigned to Municipal Utilities and Engineering.
Examples of Duties:
- Organizes and directs the planning and implementation of programs and projects;
- Prepares reports and recommendations to the City Council and the City's management team;
- Develops and recommends departmental goals, objectives, policies, and procedures;
- Participates in budget preparation and administration, provides recommendations and cost estimates;
- Projects budget and staff requirements and helps to establish priorities and schedules for programs and activities;
- Assists with project area strategy development and/or program development;
- Assists City staff with issues and developments affecting various project areas;
- Prepares and presents request for Council action and other documents for action by the City Council;
- Prepares reports and other materials to assist management in keeping elected officials informed about community issues and staff responses;
- Conducts special studies and prepares comprehensive reports on all aspects of assigned programs and activities; and
- Conducts studies, researches, and compiles technical data;
- Participates in activities of other city departments and divisions, contracting agencies, municipalities, and governmental agencies;
- Prepares or supervises preparation of environmental reviews and documents and makes recommendations as appropriate; and;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
When Assigned to Development Services:
- Supervises, plans, and controls the preparation of engineering and architectural plans and the processing of plans;
- Provides management over plan amendments and plan adoptions;
- Monitors compliance by developers;
- Monitors developer performance under agreements;
- Provides construction management including bid processes, review of progress payments, draw and change order requests, management and execution of real estate transactions;
- Monitors construction projects to ensure compliance with environmental mitigation measures, conditions of approval, prevailing wage laws, and other rules and regulations; and
- Reviews construction-related documents such as certificates of insurance, licenses, permits, and other related documents.
When Assigned to Municipal Utilities and Engineering (MUED):
- Researches and applies for funding and grants including the preparation of project descriptions and cost estimates;
- Participates in the selection of outside consulting engineers; coordinates and reviews the work of consultants and provides guidance and assistance;
- Manages the construction of Municipal Utilities and Engineering Department projects;
- Reviews and prepares Requests for Proposals for services and participates in the selection of outside consulting firms;
- Coordinates with agencies such as SANBAG, SCAG, County of San Bernardino, Caltrans, and other cities in the region;
- Performs calculations and estimates of time and material costs associates with capital improvement projects;
- Initiates public outreach campaigns for major capital improvement projects in the City;
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent college units from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in project management.
For positions assigned to MUED:
- Experience with cash flow analysis;
- Preparing and writing agreements; and
- Mechanical aptitude
Licenses and Certificates:
- Possess and maintains a valid Class C driver's license.
- Project Management certificate desirable.
Essential functions and duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a public, municipal government office environment; ability to sit for long periods of time; ability to work under varying circumstances; ability to travel to different sites and locations.
The City of Redlands is an EOE