CITY OF REDWOOD CITY Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Street Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 4, 2016
Me and my team would start the day Loading our equipment in our trucks. Then my partner would go get asphalt. Then we would go to the rode or sidewalks that needed to be repaved.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
A Comfortable Working Environment
Economic Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 5, 2015
Working for the City of Redwood City has been a great experience, I have been able to learn new skills and apply what I learned in school. The work environment is very relaxed and everyone there is friendly and enjoy being there.
Teaching and training while keeping a positive customer experience.
School PE teacher (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 8, 2013
By me being a manager in the two companies mentioned, a typical day for me consisted of constant engagement with customers and my associates teaching and training standard company values and introducing our associates to new and exiting ways to take care of our customers. By creating a customer and associate friendly environment it will make our jobs more enjoyable and our interactions with customers moments worth sharing.
Pros
concistently busy.
Cons
associates.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 22, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of checking voice mails, processing mail and checking all emails. Answering questions from the public. Answering multiple phone lines and help coordinate events and projects. Management was ok, very friendly staff. Co workers were very nice and productive. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude and vulgar people. The most enjoyable part was meeting people and helping out with all important events and help with media services.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
no benefits or health care. very short hours.
Making a difference with the Park Division & The City of Redwood City
Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 16, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of answering the phones, greeting the public as well as city employees at my desk. Booking meetings for the city management and keeping a calendar of events that was happening each week and online for other city employees.

Faxing, copy work and some extra work with the department managers to help where needed. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, because they were always willing to offer their time to showing me extra things involved with city functions and I even was asked to share my ideas. Getting involved in the area art program and city wide parks pickup.

The hardest part of my job was making sure the meetings rooms were set up and ready for weekend functions that were reserved and seeing that people were confirmed. If I was unable to confirm the appointments, I would sometimes bring the phone number home as to make sure they were coming in for that particular date and time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that everyone I worked with at the Redwood City Parks and Recreation, was very supportive with what ideas I might shared and also they always made me feel a part of their team. Working together to make a difference.
Pros
Sometimes after a luncheon, we donated the decorations to a local church, discounts to some events with the city.
Hard-working and forward thinking team mates
Public Communications and Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2014
I truly enjoy my co-workers and the interesting projects I have been able to help the team achieve.
Its a city job with great benefits
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT LEADER & VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Redwood CIty, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I worked with children and it was a great experience. Advancement was a little hard and political in nature.

4.3