City Of Renton Employee Reviews

City of Renton - Youth Recreation/ Day Camp Director
Recreation lead/camp director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2014
My mornings with the City begin with meetings and planning. Normally on Monday mornings, I review the weekly schedule with my fellow directors, and assign duties to the recreation staff; the staff will then follow the given directions.

For the past seven years, my time with the City of Renton has been quite the learning experience. I have gained experience through growth and management responsibilities. All in all, this job has provided me with a skills set that I can apply in my future career.
Pros
Working with youth and teenaged community
Cons
Budget cuts and lack of work
Municipal government is a great place to be. Gives one a solid sense of responsibility of not only a running a company but handling taxpayers $'s
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  1055 S Grady WayJanuary 19, 2013
The positions I held had the caviat of "opther duites as assigned". I was in a non-union, management positon so if it took all night... the job still got done. It was a very hectic pace, but I found that I thrived in that environment. I was able to accommodate for anything that was tossed at me and succeeded in each task well beyond hopes or expecttionsof supervisors.
Pros
excellent benefits, close working environment
Cons
nothing i can elaborate on!
Great summer atmosphere that allowed responsibility and fun in equal measures
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 2, 2015
A great place to work, and although it's only summer seasonal, I worked there for 8 seasons. Regular communication with customers and their needs kept me on my toes, but a reliable team helped alleviate the regular stressful burdens that came with a very busy environment. Typically would work either 4 or 8 hours days, perhaps longer, depending upon staffing needs.
Pros
Fun coworkers, great managers, working outdoors
Cons
Sometimes poor management and understaffing
great summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 21, 2016
Was a great summer job and liked my co-workers. Learned a lot about customer service and dealing with the public. Loved working outside everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Renton. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4