City of Richmond, VA Employee Reviews

stressful and fastpast
Instructor (Former Employee) –  1209 Admiral St Richmond, VA 23222November 2, 2017
Tutored elementary aged children with their homework. Taught social skills and provided behavior modification when necessary in the form of counseling and timeouts. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with very loud and verbally aggressive co workers.On the other hand, the most enjoyable aspects of the position was seeing the children complete their homework with a little assistants and encouragement. And even more so the children showing me their report cards and witnessing their grade point average increasing.
The Hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2017
Is assisting customers with problems with their bills, or making payment arrangements for the customer. The policy changes daily there's no set policy you can go by to assist customers it is based on each individual
Didnt work here but cannot proceed
Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 28, 2017
This is a place that could be good to work or might not be. Indeed needs to fix this issue with their website so I don't have to fill this out over and over.
fast pace
Office Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2017
working at the front desk I had to multi task everyday. working this position I had to learn a lot of information to assist employees along with citizens of Richmond to point them in the right direction.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
back stabbing
Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Inspector (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2017
I do not wish to give any information on this platform that could cost me my current job. The management is so far withdrawn from the employees that it is unfair.
Very Progressive City
Peacekeeper/Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 12, 2017
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Can't say anything bad about the job, management, or any of the experiences I had while employed there. However, Richmond California is my hometown so I may be a little jaded.
This was a fun place to work, just had a few cliches
Equipment Operator III (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2017
This company was a good and enjoyable place to work, they just didn't pay enough for me to be able to take care of my bills and my family it was a struggle. You had to be a part of a cliche to be recognized and get good pay.
Pros
I've learned alot there, and I was able to show my talent on different equipment. As well as good co-workers.
Cons
Had to be in a cliche to receive good pay, but overall, its a great place to work.
Very eventful and awesome co workers.
Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Inspector (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2017
Walking in the office and greeting everyone. Signing in my computer and put in case work information. I learned about the IPMC and IRC. My supervisor is the greatest. Very smart and experienced in the code and applying it.The culture at my job is very diverse which is great. The hardest part about my job is the constant changes that happen because of the hierarchy of things. The most enjoyable part about my job is helping people stay safe
Pros
Supportive co workers.
Cons
Unpredictability
Fun and Fast Pasted Environment
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23219August 30, 2017
Sign in on PC, answer email, return phone calls, attend Development Review Committee Meetings, I learned about storm water management, work culture was good generally, learning new regulations recently adopted by the City, working with people - internal and external customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
na
There were always events of some sort to attend
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2017
Good benefits ,a lot of wasted resources in the fleet department and the management didn't know how to actually get employees to do any work. The employees didn't respect the supervisors as lead persons because they came up short on people skills.They lost good employees as a result of that.
Love my JOB
Accounts Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2017
Working for the City of Richmond is a blessing. I have nothing but good things to say. We strive to come together to make the impossible possible. As a team we get the job accomplished no matter what. We all respect each others private space we're stronger as we continue and believe we could make a change. We make ourselves available for one another. Life isn't easy we make it out to be what we want it to be. City of Richmond we have respect, friendship, love and peace within our hearts to stand together as one. I consider us as Professional employees.1
Pros
Live my DREAMS
Cons
I can believe I can do all things but fail
Learned a lot
Assistant Registrar I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 16, 2017
There were some really hard working people in the Registrars office. The job in general is very rewarding and would be a very good career, given you are directed by the right head registrar.
Great for Interns
Systems Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work in the City. People are very nice . Need more hours. No benefit for intern. Job could pay more. Wonderful managers to work with.
Exciting opportunity to work with your.
Advocate for clients (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 13, 2017
Working for The City of Richmond is a great opportunity and can be rewarding if you work in the parks and recs department. It's a great door opener of you want to advance in rank.
Pros
Rewarding and life changing
Cons
Part time work only
Productive day
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
A typical day a work begins at 7:30am
learn empathy
management I really don't have a big concern
workplace bland
hardest part just being there
helping people
Pros
work schedule
Cons
advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2017
It was a great job to have for younger and order people......I wish i can go back to working for the City Of Richmond. I met alot of great people that im still good friends with today.
I truly enjoyed working with the City of Richmond. I love the water so it wasn't a very hard job to do.
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 4, 2017
• Instructing students about the basics and safety of swimming
• Ensuring that all safety regulations are maintained in the pool area
• Work closely with special needs children
• Monitored the pool area and helped swimmers in trouble
• Taught swimming and water safety classes
Workplace environment isvery positive
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2017
I work with employees from all portfolios of the City. I receive many phone calls from all levels of management which in HR Liaisons, and payroll personnel regarding FMLA and approval of shared leave
i work with a team of consultants.
Pros
Meeting deadlines
Cons
na
Fun place and people to work with
Director of Technology (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INMarch 20, 2017
Great people and environment to work in. Enjoyed the time I was with the City. Pay was competitive for positions in similar local government markets The hardest part was working within the political system.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, flexible skills utilized
Cons
Politics
Chief of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2017
Most of the time it has been a great place to work. Had some issues with an administrator who was here for a short time, but that party is gone and new administration is great.
Pros
Work independently for the most part, I just keep management aware of potential issues as they arise.
Cons
Administrative turnover a challenge with changing priorities.