City of Riverside Employee Reviews

Great place for growth and opportunity
Principal Managment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 18, 2017
There is no such day as typical, everyday presents a new possibility to solve a concern for someone. The organization is perfect for those that enjoy a variety of challenges and excel at time management and organization.
Pros
flex time
Cons
lack of vacancies in upper management positions
Awesome
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 27, 2017
There is never a dole moment. Staff is friendly and supervisors take the time to make sure staff is well trained. A great atmosphere and place to work
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
no benefits
decent job, but could be better
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 20, 2016
decent job, but can be better by lessen the politics. It was mismanaged towards the last 5 years that created a lot of legal issues amongst staff.
Great place to work!
Data Entry and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504July 20, 2016
I was with the City of Riverside for 24 years. I accomplished many of the goals that I had set for myself and I'm proud of my accomplishments. Working for the City of Riverside wasn't just a job to me, it became my home, and my co-workers were like family to me.
I am new
Historic Preservation Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 31, 2016
I just started so I am not entirely sure what things are like here but I enjoy the people and there is room for advancement so I am pretty excited.
Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2016
Working for this local government was great. The engine of this city is driven by people that care for their home town. I have no complaints about any facet of the city employees or the functions of the local government.
The employees are great. Management in the Public Works Sewer Division is the worse I have ever been around.
Wastewater Systems Crewleader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2016
The employees know what they are doing and make the mangement team at the sewer department look good. Management is not only under qualified they are pathalogical liars that will do anything to stay out of trouble. In the last 8 years under this new managemnet team they have had ouside contractors come in to make the enviroment better. Everytime the outside contractors stated that management was the problem and yet HR department and Public Works department did nothing.

As a whole The City of RIverside is a great place to work and most Divisions are great to work for. Except for a few bad managers this would be agreat place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great fellow employees.
Cons
Bad Management.
Very incestuous
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 1, 2015
If you are not into politics they will eat you alive. Management provided no training, their assumption is the City is the great place on earth. Extremely self-serving and will undermine staff.
Great place to work!
Electric Meter Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  2911 Adams St. Riverside CANovember 7, 2015
For the most part, a great place to work. I loved the fact that this was a very fast paced office. I was able to challenge myself daily, while paying attention to detail and accuracy. Being a team player, and having co-workers that are team players, makes for a nice working environment and benefit's the entire department as well as other departments. My favorite part of the job was troubleshooting and researching problems, such as customer service issues, Billing department issues. I take a lot of pride in my job, and I try to go above and beyond when helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
Working 4/10's (Flex time)
Cons
Breakdown in communication with some of the management.
Awesome friendly work environment
General Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 6, 2015
While working here my managers and the rest of the staff were always friendly and helpful. The pay was sufficient and I definitely felt appreciated.
Great co-workers, environment
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2015
Great environment to work in. Great training on making pizzas. Easy and fast advancement to manager. Loved meeting new people, training a new staff. Open/close store, close down registers, deposit money in safe.
Pros
Free food, drinks
genral service worker
General Utilities Service Worker (Former Employee) –  payton ave ,5901 riverside caMarch 9, 2015
working for the city was a good experience and I learned many skills and have a great time working for them. And I like working on many project it has gave me self confident and I work as hard as I could and took a lot of pride too.
Pros
had a great time working
Cons
it gave me working experience
Great place to work over the summer
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day for me was not very buy besides certain times of the day. My coworkers were very enjoyable people to be around, and not many bad things happened.
A bit stressful
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 1, 2015
Worked as a lifeguard for 3 summers and almost every year there was a big problem. At times the upper management handles it well or very poorly.
Nice place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 29, 2014
You learn lots of things working for the city of riverside and you meet lots of people
Recreation Site
Assistant Aquatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2014
I have successfully worked for the City of Riverside as an Assistant Aquatics Coordinator. I have excelled in coordinating programs, managed personnel and non-personnel budgets, assisted in running a citywide recreation center, worked with volunteers, and have communicated with the public. I have personally supervised 80 staff which includes pool managers, assistant pool managers, lifeguards, water safety instructors and recreation leaders. I have created posters, brochures, and flyers and have posted updates, announcements, and pictures onto social media to help advertise citywide programs
Great Place to Learn
Employee, Intern (Former Employee) –  RiversideAugust 25, 2014
The Other employees were very helpful and supportive to my on the job learning.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No time to further a college education
City of Riverside
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a great experience. I enjoyed the time I spent there. I learned many skills that I can utilize for future jobs.
Nice Place
Sr. Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 23, 2014
This is a nice place to start your career in the Public sector.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
growth
Productuve and fun workplace.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2014
everybody is willing to help me and teach me new things.
I didn't know anybody when i went there, but i was welcomed by everybody.

they made me confortable and everyone is waiting to give me a service when I need it too.

they teach me stuffs and i am always worried that i will gain more than i will provide

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3