City of Riverside Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2016
Working for this local government was great. The engine of this city is driven by people that care for their home town. I have no complaints about any facet of the city employees or the functions of the local government.
The employees are great. Management in the Public Works Sewer Division is the worse I have ever been around.
Wastewater Systems Crewleader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2016
The employees know what they are doing and make the mangement team at the sewer department look good. Management is not only under qualified they are pathalogical liars that will do anything to stay out of trouble. In the last 8 years under this new managemnet team they have had ouside contractors come in to make the enviroment better. Everytime the outside contractors stated that management was the problem and yet HR department and Public Works department did nothing.

As a whole The City of RIverside is a great place to work and most Divisions are great to work for. Except for a few bad managers this would be agreat place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great fellow employees.
Cons
Bad Management.
Very incestuous
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 1, 2015
If you are not into politics they will eat you alive. Management provided no training, their assumption is the City is the great place on earth. Extremely self-serving and will undermine staff.
Great place to work!
Electric Meter Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  2911 Adams St. Riverside CANovember 7, 2015
For the most part, a great place to work. I loved the fact that this was a very fast paced office. I was able to challenge myself daily, while paying attention to detail and accuracy. Being a team player, and having co-workers that are team players, makes for a nice working environment and benefit's the entire department as well as other departments. My favorite part of the job was troubleshooting and researching problems, such as customer service issues, Billing department issues. I take a lot of pride in my job, and I try to go above and beyond when helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
Working 4/10's (Flex time)
Cons
Breakdown in communication with some of the management.
Awesome friendly work environment
General Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 6, 2015
While working here my managers and the rest of the staff were always friendly and helpful. The pay was sufficient and I definitely felt appreciated.
Great co-workers, environment
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 20, 2015
Great environment to work in. Great training on making pizzas. Easy and fast advancement to manager. Loved meeting new people, training a new staff. Open/close store, close down registers, deposit money in safe.
Pros
Free food, drinks
genral service worker
General Utilities Service Worker (Former Employee) –  payton ave ,5901 riverside caMarch 9, 2015
working for the city was a good experience and I learned many skills and have a great time working for them. And I like working on many project it has gave me self confident and I work as hard as I could and took a lot of pride too.
Pros
had a great time working
Cons
it gave me working experience
Great place to work over the summer
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day for me was not very buy besides certain times of the day. My coworkers were very enjoyable people to be around, and not many bad things happened.
A bit stressful
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 1, 2015
Worked as a lifeguard for 3 summers and almost every year there was a big problem. At times the upper management handles it well or very poorly.
Nice place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 29, 2014
You learn lots of things working for the city of riverside and you meet lots of people
Recreation Site
Assistant Aquatics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2014
I have successfully worked for the City of Riverside as an Assistant Aquatics Coordinator. I have excelled in coordinating programs, managed personnel and non-personnel budgets, assisted in running a citywide recreation center, worked with volunteers, and have communicated with the public. I have personally supervised 80 staff which includes pool managers, assistant pool managers, lifeguards, water safety instructors and recreation leaders. I have created posters, brochures, and flyers and have posted updates, announcements, and pictures onto social media to help advertise citywide programs
Great Place to Learn
Employee, Intern (Former Employee) –  RiversideAugust 25, 2014
The Other employees were very helpful and supportive to my on the job learning.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no time to further a college education
City of Riverside
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a great experience. I enjoyed the time I spent there. I learned many skills that I can utilize for future jobs.
Nice Place
Sr. Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 23, 2014
This is a nice place to start your career in the Public sector.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
growth
Productuve and fun workplace.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2014
everybody is willing to help me and teach me new things.
I didn't know anybody when i went there, but i was welcomed by everybody.

they made me confortable and everyone is waiting to give me a service when I need it too.

they teach me stuffs and i am always worried that i will gain more than i will provide
Riverside is a great place to work, with growing opportunities
WW Operator III (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 3, 2013
I have begun my career in wastewater at RWQCP. The job is good and the fellow employees are mostly made up of good hard working people who care about this industry. As in all companies, there are upsides and downsides. This plant is in the middle of a $250,000,000 expansion, and has great potential. Most of the management team is experienced and are willing to share their knowledge with fellow operators. Although there is always more to learn, I am constantly learning on the job. We rotate plants every other month from primaries/Secondarie's, to Tertiary/Final effluent, to solids handling.
A typical day in tertiary consist of reading SCADA to see where the plant is, making any necessary changes, putting certain dosing strantrol channels in manual to control chemicals while calibrating analyzers. Cleaning turbidity meters, backwashing filters, putting on or taking off filters and EQ Basins depending on flows and needs. Receiving chemical deliveries such as SBS, CL2, of Ferric Chloride, monitoring pumps and valves, gas masters and residuals. I also keep a daily log of all operational settings and changes as well as deliveries and any arising issues. Finally we brief the incoming shift of the same.
There are obviously different routines for solids, where we run belt presses, centrifuges, a DAF system, and digesters.
While at primaries we run bar screens, grit removal systems, primary clarifiers, pump stations and distribution boxes.
At secondaries we are in charge of aeration basins, secondary clarifiers, RAS/WAS distribution, Turblex blowers, pump stations, distribution boxes
  more... and turbidity meters.
The hardest part of my job is probably not knowing the answers to every problem. I take my job very seriously and am one of those people that needs to know why things are happening, and how to prevent future issues.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I do get to troubleshoot and solve issues. I have always believed that there are no real problems, only opportunities to grow and learn. I love to troubleshoot and resolve complications. I love my job because it is a job where you never stop learning, you get plenty of exercise, and you get to work with great people.
Pros
decent pay, decent benifits, and a real sense of acccomplishment at the end of the day.
Fun place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 29, 2013
Everyday consisted of helping the public and staff with technical help. being at this company for nine years i have gained so much knowledge not only about tech support but other duties that were performed at a Public Library on a daily bases. staff was very nice and patient when teaching me new tasks or projects.the best part of my job here was interacting with different age groups and races.
Pros
good pay
Cons
non benefited
A great place to learn and gain experience
Project Management Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2013
I am currently an intern with the planning department and I have nothing but good things to say about the City of Riverside. I am in a good learning environment where I am encouraged to grow and acknowledged for my hard work and accomplishments. It is a good place to work and I would take a full-time job there in a heartbeat.
Fun, productive work place
PARK AND RECREATION AIDE (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 12, 2013
I work for the after school program with elementary age children. It was one of the most awarding fun job I've had.
Hands on experience
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 6, 2013
This job allowed me to learn more about computers. Entering the internship I had no prior experience with computers but through time my immediate boss taught me alot and helped me get hands on experience. I was also able to take the interior of a police car to diagnose a wireless issue.
Pros
hands on experience, good managment
Cons
no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2