City of Riverside

City of Riverside Employer Reviews

Recreation Site
Assistant Aquatics Coordinator (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2014
I have successfully worked for the City of Riverside as an Assistant Aquatics Coordinator. I have excelled in coordinating programs, managed personnel and non-personnel budgets, assisted in running a citywide recreation center, worked with volunteers, and have communicated with the public. I have personally supervised 80 staff which includes pool managers, – more... assistant pool managers, lifeguards, water safety instructors and recreation leaders. I have created posters, brochures, and flyers and have posted updates, announcements, and pictures onto social media to help advertise citywide programs – less
Great Place to Learn
Employee, Intern (Former Employee), RiversideAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time to further a college education
The Other employees were very helpful and supportive to my on the job learning.
City of Riverside
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a great experience. I enjoyed the time I spent there. I learned many skills that I can utilize for future jobs.
Nice Place
Sr. Office Specialist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: growth
This is a nice place to start your career in the Public sector.
Productuve and fun workplace.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 7, 2014
everybody is willing to help me and teach me new things.
I didn't know anybody when i went there, but i was welcomed by everybody.

they made me confortable and everyone is waiting to give me a service when I need it too.

they teach me stuffs and i am always worried that i will gain more than i will provide
Riverside is a great place to work, with growing opportunities
WW Operator III (Current Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: decent pay, decent benifits, and a real sense of acccomplishment at the end of the day.
I have begun my career in wastewater at RWQCP. The job is good and the fellow employees are mostly made up of good hard working people who care about this industry. As in all companies, there are upsides and downsides. This plant is in the middle of a $250,000,000 expansion, and has great potential. Most of the management team is experienced and are – more... willing to share their knowledge with fellow operators. Although there is always more to learn, I am constantly learning on the job. We rotate plants every other month from primaries/Secondarie's, to Tertiary/Final effluent, to solids handling.
A typical day in tertiary consist of reading SCADA to see where the plant is, making any necessary changes, putting certain dosing strantrol channels in manual to control chemicals while calibrating analyzers. Cleaning turbidity meters, backwashing filters, putting on or taking off filters and EQ Basins depending on flows and needs. Receiving chemical deliveries such as SBS, CL2, of Ferric Chloride, monitoring pumps and valves, gas masters and residuals. I also keep a daily log of all operational settings and changes as well as deliveries and any arising issues. Finally we brief the incoming shift of the same.
There are obviously different routines for solids, where we run belt presses, centrifuges, a DAF system, and digesters.
While at primaries we run bar screens, grit removal systems, primary clarifiers, pump stations and distribution boxes.
At secondaries we are in charge of aeration basins, secondary clarifiers, RAS/WAS distribution, Turblex blowers, pump stations, distribution boxes and turbidity meters.
The hardest part of my job is probably not knowing the answers to every problem. I take my job very seriously and am one of those people that needs to know why things are happening, and how to prevent future issues.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I do get to troubleshoot and solve issues. I have always believed that there are no real problems, only opportunities to grow and learn. I love to troubleshoot and resolve complications. I love my job because it is a job where you never stop learning, you get plenty of exercise, and you get to work with great people. – less
Fun place to work
Technical Intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: non benefited
Everyday consisted of helping the public and staff with technical help. being at this company for nine years i have gained so much knowledge not only about tech support but other duties that were performed at a Public Library on a daily bases. staff was very nice and patient when teaching me new tasks or projects.the best part of my job here was interacting – more... with different age groups and races. – less
A great place to learn and gain experience
Project Management Planning Intern (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2013
I am currently an intern with the planning department and I have nothing but good things to say about the City of Riverside. I am in a good learning environment where I am encouraged to grow and acknowledged for my hard work and accomplishments. It is a good place to work and I would take a full-time job there in a heartbeat.
Fun, productive work place
PARK AND RECREATION AIDE (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 12, 2013
I work for the after school program with elementary age children. It was one of the most awarding fun job I've had.
Hands on experience
IT Intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: hands on experience, good managment
Cons: no pay
This job allowed me to learn more about computers. Entering the internship I had no prior experience with computers but through time my immediate boss taught me alot and helped me get hands on experience. I was also able to take the interior of a police car to diagnose a wireless issue.
Under staffed
Equipment Service Worker (Current Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: unfair superintendent
A typical work day starts off by having a group meeting followed by work. Co-workers are a great way to distract yourself from actually calling it work. Supervisors are great, upper management (department superintendent) not so great or bright.
Friendly place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2012
Pros: birthday co-worker get a free lunch from our manager
Cons: i cann't complaine its a good place to work in.
Begining of the day I make sure form,handout are stock up make any copy if needed. Make sure everything is stock up for the day. Greet customer, answer all incoming calls. File permits and submit plans and put into bins. Co-worker are helpful and friendly. I enjoy working with people. Make sure customer get their receipt. Answer any questions needed.
One of the Top Cities in the Nation
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 4, 2012
They are a leading city in the use of technology. The IT department is a very dedicated team of professionals.
Inspection of UG utilities installation
Construction Inspector II (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: benefits, responsibilities
I loved this job and was sad to leave it when I had to move due to family responsibilities.
Dail a Ride
Driver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 13, 2012
Pros: the team work
Cons: the rules, seem to change, everyday, and you where never told.
The work was fun and very enjoyable you get to met a lot of people.

About City of Riverside

The City of Riverside maintains a 'Text Only' website to allow general accessibility using standards set forth by the Worldwide – Read more