City of Riviera Beach Employee Reviews

Administrator is more of a dictator
Code Enforcement Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Rivieria BeachApril 12, 2017
Unfortunately, the administrator of the Code Enforcement leaves much to be desired. She is racist and doesn't know how to be a leader. She thinks because she became a lawyer that she knows more than anyone else. She has too much authority and uses it.

It was a great job otherwise. However, because I was white she would not give me the job permanently after my being there for over a year. Of course, this could not be proven.

Everyone else in the department were great to work with, nice, polite, and hard workers.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Racisim in upper management
Very serious job when safety is concerned
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2017
On a typical day of work I cross about 70 children. On the job I have learned to be more patient, and observant. The hardest part of the job is dealing with drivers that are in a rush, and I most enjoy encountering children.
Getting better
Dock Supervisor, Security Guard, Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 28, 2016
Changes is starting to take place,that should work out for the people who live in the city.They still need to work on the water bill. I also think that some of the department is to top heavy.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLOctober 25, 2016
I make phone calls. i help find facility for clients, i do case manager work, file paper, send out email, do drug testing, Set in on Court Hearing on client Cases on Saturday morning , schedule appointment for client to have assessment. work closely with the Judges. Work great with co-workers, the hardest part of my job is when the client do not want the help and chose to disregard the court order. The most enjoyable part is been able to help some, then i fill like my job is done.
Pros
Not at this time
Cons
Not at this time
Good place to wok
Buyer/ Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 7, 2015
City of Riviera Beach is a great City to work for
Good community
Beech front community
Has ocean view
Easy access to interstate
Parks and Rec.
Administrative Assistant, Temporary (Former Employee) –  City of Riviera BeachAugust 18, 2015
With almost 35,000 residents, everyone has a lot going on and then we have to work with customers according to their work schedule's. This job opened my eyes in a big way, especially when it comes to the saying "love thy neighbor".
Benefits
Cons
Weather
A great place to work to meet new people and be someone to have younger kids look up to you.
Camp Counselor Aide (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 8, 2014
Never a dull moment here, always a day filled with fun and excitement. Managers/head staff were very hepful and understanding.
fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2014
nice staff, very friendly. had a good learning experience here
good place to work at if you get in the right dept.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLApril 22, 2013
work days are good if you can get coworkers that want to work
its good knowing your job instead of being trained
management sucks depending on which dept.
you have some good coworkers there but a lot of drama coworkers too
I don't think there's a hard place to work there but some management ppl and coworkers make it hard to work there
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB OFF DAYS, VACATIONS, AND HOILDAYS OFF BEST PART
Pros
hoildays
Cons
poor management in some dept. and lazy coworkers
Very Poor
Administrative Assistant, Onsite Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Parks and Recreation DepartmentJune 30, 2012
This is the worst ran company I have ever seen in all my years of working in the Government sector. The Administration is ran so poorly and very under staffed, no benefits, no pay increase, always wanting something for nothing and crying broke all the time, they are a complete work horse with no appreciation of their staff and very, very cut throat.
Pros
the ability to meet nice people from the outside
Cons
need a total overhaul of administration from top to bottom. they are like crabs in a bucket.

Want to know more about City of Riviera Beach?

Ask a question