City of Roanoke Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
police dept. (Former Employee), roanoke, vaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: nonstop drama and bad working conditions
The Roanoke City Police Department is hard to work for. The public is a lot easier to work with than the department. The department consists of back stabbers and nonstop drama. If you are into that, this is definitely the place for you. The management does not really seem to care and they do not treat you as a person with feelings. It is hard to move up unless you are in the click. The department is just unprofessional and it is extremely lacking in personal skills.
A typical day at work
Substitute Teacher and Instructional Aide (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great staff of teachers
Cons: benefits are poor
Working to receive children off bus. Reading to them and going over basic name and gender of each child. Working with basic numbers 1-10 and colors. Teaching toilet habits . Providing lunch and playtime.. My co-workers are great. They are friendly and very dedicated to the children. Education is a rewarding profession and its takes honorable and patient people to work within it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children you work with they grow and learn so much. I have learn to appreciate each child as they develop.
Great place to work with great people. Technology is a little dated
Senior Design Team (Former Employee), Roanoke, VANovember 12, 2013
Great place to work. Would recommend to a friend. Great location. Learn a lot about the workings of the city and its departments. Co-workers are very friendly and welcoming to new employees.
Finance department is a good workplace
General Clerical (Former Employee), Roanoke, vaOctober 1, 2013
I work here thru a temp agancy. The people in the department made you feel like you were a regular employee. I didn't do the whole job because the lady didn't have time to show me before her surgery. I processed checks and helped out other employees.
Great experince