City of Rochester Employee Review

View all City of Rochester reviews

Room for growth
Administrative Clerical Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 18, 2014
Busy.. Enjoy working for the city of rochester. Co-workers work very well together. Boss listen to our concerns
Pros
busy
Cons
not enough hours in a day

Other City of Rochester Employee Reviews

My review is overall great
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Typical day is very busy from the morning until the end of the day.. My day starts with payroll, injury reports and processing motor vehicle reports. I have learned to help my fellow workers in what ever way i can. Management is heavily involved. Strong work culture. The hardest part of my job is getting my co workers to understand how much my job means to me. My fellow co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Parties
Cons
when there is tension in the air.
N/a
Treasury / Finance - Payroll & Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2018
It can be good working for the City, but there are definitely disadvantages based on who you affiliate with, network with, or know. These factors can determine if you advance in your job or if you remain in the position in the long-run or are possibly laid off if you speak up when you see a need.
Pros
Government job
Cons
Not as organized and more bureaucratic then other levels of government.