City of Rockford Employee Reviews

bus driver
Bus Driver for Head Start Program (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 16, 2017
Made daily pick up and drop offs of 20-30 children to their homes.
Assuring great positive attitude when helping parents and children in class and field trips.
I like
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 20, 2017
I like my job. I like the management. I like the benefits. I enjoy the daily activities and requirements of my job. I like that I get to work with other agencies.
Depending on the department you end up in you'll love or hate it
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 10, 2017
It gets difficult whenever a new mayor comes in because that person wants to change everything. You're also stuck with a fixed budget that can cause you to be laid off.
Pros
lots of great benefits
Cons
Really depends on the department you end up in
Great Benefits, Stressful Work Environment
Intake Coordinator/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 28, 2017
If your looking for a fast paced job with advancement oppurtunities this is it! However the work load can become overwhelming and on some days the job itself can be mentally draining. While working in this positon you will encounter many people from different walks of life, some stories will touch you others will leave you broken. Lots of resources for clients but none for employees....Management doesn't really help when you need it most your better off figuring it out yourself.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Paid Holidays, Great Benefits
Aiderly
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 3, 2016
Enjoy helping people in needs. If you got a free hand you should always use it to help others that doesn't haven't hand from other people to help them.
Municipal Governmental Ground Water Utility
Water Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 15, 2016
Fast-paced, underground construction work environment. Heavy equipment use for the installation, repair and maintenance of water main, water service, valves and hydrants.

Water-loss programs such as: comprehensive leak survey, leak detection, pipe tracing and meter testing.
Stressful yet rewarding enviornment
911 Telecommunicator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2015
Working for the city was an awesome opportunity. It has taught me many things and I am thankful that I had a chance to help save lives. It truly takes a special kind of person to do this type of work and I give credit to the people who are able to do this day in and day out.
Needs Improvement
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 20, 2015
I loved working for the City of Rockford, but it was difficult to do your work when others do not want to follow the rules and regulations when it comes to working with federal and state funding,.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 13, 2015
The city of Rockford is a great place to work if you can get in! very hard to get in but the benefits are awesome and work environment is great as well to bad i was only a Temporary worker.
I worked for the City of Rockford for 30years and was a very good employee. While there I have been given several awards and letters of recommendation
Neighborhood Enforcement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2015
Typical day of work started by me saying hello to everyone in my department. I then would go to my desk and playback my phone messages and check emails.
Management was lacking communication in my opinion which was corrected by having morning meetings. I got along with everyone in my department and also with employees in other departments.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate people after receiving a letter for a violation.
Getting out and meeting people both in the inner circle and on the outside of the circle and seeing what a difference I can make in the Community.
good experience
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 27, 2014
my coworkers are delightful . the children are amazing, and working here was the best
Pros
benifits
Cons
major work
VERY fun place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 30, 2014
Co- workers and management are very nice and understanding.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 1, 2014
Nice place to work and my co-workers are awesome and very good teachers and assistant teachers, The most enjoyable part of my job id the kids.
Great Place of Employment
Human Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 14, 2014
This is an awesome place of employment. Management is very supportive.
Out and About
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 11, 2014
Everyday I was out on the streets with the construction workers inspecting what was being completed.
Wonderful place to work
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 10, 2013
I worked with Headstart children who were truly a joy to be around. I helped teachers in the classrooms as well as went on home visits and fieldtrips with them. The hardest part was when the school year ended and not being able to see the children that you got attached to anymore I loved everything about this position.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
parents who were not involved in their childs education
Good company to work for
Code Enforcement/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 29, 2012
Shift started at 8am and ended at 5pm. I would go into work check in with my boss to conversate about the task for the day. After that I would take calls and print out violations for tall grass and weeds. Lastely I would go out in the city car and check on the violations that we recieved to make sure if they were in code ordinance.
Pros
being able to experience a great job.
Cons
seeing snakes in the grass that was inspected.
great place to work
Police Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 22, 2012
Everyday new challenges. I would get to meet all types of people from different walks of life.
Pros
it was a job i look forward to going everyday
Cons
my hours. :-)
beware many bad managers
Housing Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 22, 2012
The city of rockford is very difficult to work for. there are many bad managers to employ the sky is falling management attitude. they refuse to learn to program which they manage and then take it out on the staff something goes wrong. the directors a lot in life you to get work done but then not stick up for you if something goes wrong
Cons
bbad management
Excellent Customer Service and Hardworking
Senior Assistant in Mayor's Office (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 16, 2012
It's difficult to describe a typical day in the Mayor's Office because each day was unique. Answering Mayor's phone, greeting visitors and communicating with staff were top priority. I was also responsible for balancing credit card transactions, creating documents for city council and other various clerical duties. I learned a lot about city government and politics. I am a team player and enjoyed assisting management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was time management and accounting for what I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting residence and co-workers.
Pros
employee benefits, work environment and location
Cons
stressful position, no educational reimbursement and old building mechanicals