City of Rockville

City of Rockville Employer Reviews

Good Place to Work
Assistant Pool Manager (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Good management and an excellent place to learn/practice new skills. There is always an opportunity to gain experience in fixing/repairing all types of equipment.
Glad to be a service to others and their community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Privileged to be a part of a team representing the Mayor of the City.
Exciting environment which enabled me the opportunity to plan events for children at day camp.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 2, 2013
It was a wonderful opportunity in gaining experience working with children. I was given duties of creating activities for children to participate during the day while away from home. I held a leadership role in conducting standards for activities that children partook in. Children also came to me if they had any issues that they needed help with.
Public Information for City Hall
Public Information Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2012
Great city! Great people with fun events. High demands. Important work.
Good work place that has great opportunity for growth
Street Maintenance Crew (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 19, 2012
Pros: room for growth
i enjoyed working here because the supervisors were great and new how to carry themselves in the wokplace
fun and rewarding place to work
Summer Camp Director (Former Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2012
teach students how to play tennis and enjoy the game
that if given a chance everyone can learn
supportive
fun to work with
the sun
seeing everyone smile at the end of the day
Camp Counselor
Arts & Crafts Leader (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 27, 2012
Pros: free trips to pool, free trip to amusement park
Cons: short breaks, heat
A typical day of work for me would consist of me unlocking the area were all the arts and craft items and supplies were located and making sure that all were accounted. If anything was missing I would report it. Making sure the area where the children played was free of any debris. I would write out my lesson plans for the children and discuss it with my director and be approved. I would watch and greet parents as they came in to sign in their children. At the end of the day I would make sure that the area was clean and that all children were accounted for and picked up by a designated parent. My co workers were pleasant. The management was decent. I learned that it takes a lot of energy and patience to work with children and that not just anyone can do it. A love of children is necessary in order to excel in this position. The hardest part of my job was making sure that I had a different arts project for the kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the children happy.