City of Rockville Employee Reviews in United States

Better now that there is a new CEO
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 17, 2016
Times have changed and the atmosphere here was not the best. A lot of discontented employees since there has been no merit increases in 5 years and several years without a COLA. Our COLA the last few years has been minimal yet still no merit increases. Benefits are very good and there is some flexibility in the workday. There is room for advancement, but can sometimes be very hard to achieve.
benefits
Cons
no merit increases in years
Family oriented
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2015
The City is a good place to work especially if you have a family or trying to go to school. It is also good to work there to get community hours for school.
Volunteering for the first time
Leader in Training (L.I.T) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 27, 2015
Good work place and staff. I learned that this was a good opportunity to grow as a person, because I was really shy before this. The hardest part of the job was getting out of my comfort zone and communicating well with others. The most enjoyable part was being myself and helping out whenever I can.
Great location, staff and programs. Community oriented
Personal Trainer - Fitness instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 15, 2015
The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center is a wonderful place that offers different fitness, wellness and sports programs for the community. The facility has two fitness rooms, one gym, two indoor pools, indoor whirlpool, two outdoor pools... The staff is very committed to offer the best service to the clients.
Pros
Opportunity to design and execute your own fitness programs.
It was good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 29, 2015
It was good company to work for,The seniors was nice and fair.Th loaction was perfect just tucked away off the road. The staff was nice just overall it was a good company.
Pros
It's a good company to work for
Cons
time
Not a happy place to work
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 19, 2015
Work moral is really low, just a place to work and receive a paycheck. The management needs to take more courses in how to supervise.
Productive and Fun work place with amenities
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 6, 2015
Work is typically good you meet new people every day. From those that want to rent a room in the building, people that come just as they are passing.There are also other responsibilities like making sure the building is safe and secure and making sure that everyone that comes in is content. I also do some administrative work. Handling paperwork and filing it accordingly as well as handling money and making sure it is secure. I have learned to handle all different types of people.I enjoy the people I work with as well as the ones that I work for. The hardest part of this job being able to deal with people when they are not completely satisfied. The most enjoyable part of this job is letting people know that I care and knowing their names, along with getting to know them and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Recreation and Parks Department provides great services for the community
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 17, 2015
Great people
Work as a team
Seeing the youth experience new and fun activities was the best part of my job
Pros
casual work environment
a day at work
helper/driver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 26, 2015
We would leave the yard at 7am and begin our day. we have two sections to pick up and we have to take two trip to the dump. during the ride to the neighborhoods my coworker and I have conversations about various topics. the best part of the job is when i got to ride on the side of the truck as we go house to house picking up trash or recycle.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Pool Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Good management and an excellent place to learn/practice new skills. There is always an opportunity to gain experience in fixing/repairing all types of equipment.
Glad to be a service to others and their community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Privileged to be a part of a team representing the Mayor of the City.
Exciting environment which enabled me the opportunity to plan events for children at day camp.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 2, 2013
It was a wonderful opportunity in gaining experience working with children. I was given duties of creating activities for children to participate during the day while away from home. I held a leadership role in conducting standards for activities that children partook in. Children also came to me if they had any issues that they needed help with.
Public Information for City Hall
Public Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2012
Great city! Great people with fun events. High demands. Important work.
Good work place that has great opportunity for growth
Street Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 19, 2012
i enjoyed working here because the supervisors were great and new how to carry themselves in the wokplace
Pros
room for growth
fun and rewarding place to work
Summer Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 25, 2012
teach students how to play tennis and enjoy the game
that if given a chance everyone can learn
supportive
fun to work with
the sun
seeing everyone smile at the end of the day
Camp Counselor
Arts & Crafts Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 27, 2012
A typical day of work for me would consist of me unlocking the area were all the arts and craft items and supplies were located and making sure that all were accounted. If anything was missing I would report it. Making sure the area where the children played was free of any debris. I would write out my lesson plans for the children and discuss it with my director and be approved. I would watch and greet parents as they came in to sign in their children. At the end of the day I would make sure that the area was clean and that all children were accounted for and picked up by a designated parent. My co workers were pleasant. The management was decent. I learned that it takes a lot of energy and patience to work with children and that not just anyone can do it. A love of children is necessary in order to excel in this position. The hardest part of my job was making sure that I had a different arts project for the kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the children happy.
Pros
free trips to pool, free trip to amusement park
Cons
short breaks, heat