City of Roseville Employee Reviews

service worker
Fleet Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  courp yardApril 27, 2017
I was a service worker in fleet matinance easy job but the techs were like high school girls tatteling and gossiping all the time. great pay benifets and hours
Great learning experience for children, adults and community
Customer Service/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 14, 2017
Roseville Utility Exploration Center is a great place to learn about environmental utilities and issues. With programs, workshops and special events for the community. I enjoyed interaction with the public, school field trips etc. As a volunteer I felt appreciated and respected.
Pros
As a volunteer I could schedule my days and hours
Cons
As a volunteer there were no benefits
Loved my coworkers
Permit Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 30, 2017
All the people I worked with were eager to help me and were very appreciative of my help in the office. I organized the counters and workspaces of everyone there which was highly appreciated
Pros
Friendships made, rude costomers, food trucks
Cons
No paid lunch breaks
Great people to work with
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great culture to work in. People are friendly and always willing to help you if needed. Very passionate about taking care of there City.The City is constinately putting on events for all the residents. Very fun place to visit and live.
Pros
Cons
Hard to get in. People stay once there in.
Food quality.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 12, 2016
Implemented safety in the work environment.
High volume of sales restaurant.
Clean restaurant, friendly staff.
Long work hours, paid training. Opportunity for career advancement.
Loved working for the Libraries Director
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 25, 2016
Coworkers knowledgeable and interested/interesting. Positive public service culture. I gained tremendous knowledge of Library principles and enjoyed assisting patrons.
Pros
Smart eclectic staff, positive service orientation
Cons
Low salary, limited hours
Something new each day
Ground Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 15, 2016
Working hard each day was a guarantee and there was nothing wrong with that, especially on a crew with a lot of fun people. We all started at 6:00 am and left work at 2:30 pm and for me, those hours were ideal. The one thing that kept me from working longer at the City Of Roseville was the fact that the work was seasonal. My favorite part was that the hard work was always different and always left me feeling greatly satisfied.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Seasonal
Established Local Unit of Government
City Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MI 48066March 13, 2016
Incorporated since 1958, the City of Roseville is undergoing positive transformation and has been designated Michigan's first Redevelopment Ready Community.
Pros
Established neighborhoods and business, great location!
Very fun workplace
Daycare Aide (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work is basically like 30 kids, we go outside after they've all settled in after or before school. We go outside for snack and at least 1 or 2 hours of playtime, then we go inside for arts and crafts and games.

I have learned a lot about patience and also money because we do charge for daycare, but it's a fair amount. I've learned the trust of the children and their parents.

I enjoy working with my co workers, it's never a dull moment, we work as a team to make sure it's a safe environment for the children and the parents.

The hardest part of the job is when a child is crying and you have no idea how to stop them from crying, so you have to think fast and do something fast so that they stop crying. Like we let them paint, or draw or something to distract their crying.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when you come back to your site and all the children yell your name and run up to give you hugs, that's when you know you've done a great job.
Pros
Short breaks, relax time, healthcare, benefits
Cons
time consuming
IT staff beyond sressed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 25, 2015
IT staff is stressed and ridiculously over allocated. Expectations are unrealistic. Management is inconsistent on almost all fronts, in particular hiring. They change the job requirements mid-recruitment to get the candidate they want. Other times they'll make an employee apply for the same position in an internal department. If you're lucky, you'll get a secret re-classification. Internal communication is frustrating. One day you have one set of marching orders, the next they are completely different. That's if you hear anything at all. Lots of turnover in the past few years which is highly unusual.
Pros
Citizens paying for a lot of bleeding edge technology
Cons
Stressful; inconsistent hiring practices;
excellent work place
refuse collector (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 17, 2015
was able to help the community of
sun city roseville elder with there weekly refuse can or container, enjoyed working and interacting with the community
Pros
excellent work envoiroment
Cons
none really for me
Was a great place to work with wonderful co-workers who enjoyed their job.
Afterschool Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Worked with the group leader and other staff members in the classroom in a cooperative supportive manner.
Engaged the participants in programs and activities while under your care.
­
Pros
Got to work with kids of all ages in different settings.
Cons
It was part time.
An amazing place to work
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 2, 2014
I loved my time with the City of Roseville. It is a great place for anyone to work. Especially the aquatics division.
Pros
Fun!
Must be creative,kind,and patient
Day Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CaAugust 16, 2014
Assist staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
Maintain daily open communication with parents
Maintain confidentiality
Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
Maintain a safe and healthy environment
Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
Attend inservice and staff meetings
Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
Meet all applicable liscensing regulations
Don't even think of working in IT
Analyst (Former Employee) –  RosevilleApril 18, 2014
Title says it all. CIO and senior management are clueless, thin skinned and really fond of reciting the latest technical jargon even if it makes no sense to the conversation at all. Extreme turnover in the staff (over 10 in last 2 years). Low pay. Long hours. Old infrastructure getting ready to collapse. Enough paperwork to choke a horse. It's all about looking good and following the process, actual results are a side effect. IT staff is beat up and overworked.
Pros
lots of good technology to work on
Cons
Way too many to mention.
A suburban city committed to innovation
Communications Specialist/Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 14, 2014
Roseville is committed to providing quality service in a cost-effective manner. Doing that requires employees to be extremely knowledgeable about their fields of work so they can identify trends and opportunities. At Roseville I created many new programs and streamlined others.
Enjoyed working at company
Secretarial, Clercal, Administration (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 11, 2014
I am and will forever be grateful for the opportunities that I had with the City of Roseville. I enjoyed going to work and learning new skills, interacting with other co-workers and learning.

Managers where just trying to do their jobs, sometimes I believe their hands were tied when it came to staff relations. (Sometimes you cannot be friends with the people you work with).

Hardest part of some of these jobs where having to listen to people struggle with their lives, especially when their home was being damaged, either by water or sewer. Best thing was just to listen and let them get out frustration, without trying to take control over the situation. After all, you are the first person they contact and not the real reason they are upset.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs were the people I worked with. To this date, since I have retired, I still get together with them and their families. They are family to me.
Pros
Friendships and trust of my co-workers
Cons
Some management
Fun Place to work short-term
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 16, 2014
The City of Roseville is a great starting job. The longer you stay, the worse it gets, mainly because there is an influx of immature 15 year olds every year. Some management is cool, but promotions are based off of how well you kiss up, rather than solely performance. The hardest part is mastering all the emergency skills. The best part of the job is saving someone's life when you rescue them, along with the satisfaction of teaching someone to swim well.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Immature staff
Hard Work...Not For Everyone!
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 19, 2013
Street Maintenance at its hardest! This was only a temporary position that didn't require much skill - just very labor intensive in the grueling Summer temperatures.
Pros
We started early!
Cons
Just a temporary position!
A fun place to work with great people.
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Quail Glen ElementaryMay 9, 2013
The kids get out of school and come to the Adventure Club. I would help with homework and supervise outside activities. A weekly lesson plan is also done which would include art, cooking and science activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Roseville. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Roseville Reviews by Location