City of Roseville

City of Roseville Employer Reviews

Don't even think of working in IT
Analyst (Former Employee), RosevilleApril 18, 2014
Pros: lots of good technology to work on
Cons: way too many to mention.
Title says it all. CIO and senior management are clueless, thin skinned and really fond of reciting the latest technical jargon even if it makes no sense to the conversation at all. Extreme turnover in the staff (over 10 in last 2 years). Low pay. Long hours. Old infrastructure getting ready to collapse. Enough paperwork to choke a horse. It's all about – more... looking good and following the process, actual results are a side effect. IT staff is beat up and overworked. – less
A suburban city committed to innovation
Communications Specialist/Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseville, MNApril 14, 2014
Roseville is committed to providing quality service in a cost-effective manner. Doing that requires employees to be extremely knowledgeable about their fields of work so they can identify trends and opportunities. At Roseville I created many new programs and streamlined others.
Enjoyed working at company
Secretarial, Clercal, Administration (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: friendships and trust of my co-workers
Cons: some management
I am and will forever be grateful for the opportunities that I had with the City of Roseville. I enjoyed going to work and learning new skills, interacting with other co-workers and learning.

Managers where just trying to do their jobs, sometimes I believe their hands were tied when it came to staff relations. (Sometimes you cannot be friends with – more... the people you work with).

Hardest part of some of these jobs where having to listen to people struggle with their lives, especially when their home was being damaged, either by water or sewer. Best thing was just to listen and let them get out frustration, without trying to take control over the situation. After all, you are the first person they contact and not the real reason they are upset.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs were the people I worked with. To this date, since I have retired, I still get together with them and their families. They are family to me. – less
Fun Place to work short-term
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: lots of breaks
Cons: immature staff
The City of Roseville is a great starting job. The longer you stay, the worse it gets, mainly because there is an influx of immature 15 year olds every year. Some management is cool, but promotions are based off of how well you kiss up, rather than solely performance. The hardest part is mastering all the emergency skills. The best part of the job is – more... saving someone's life when you rescue them, along with the satisfaction of teaching someone to swim well. – less
Feel like your a number
Associate Planner (Former Employee), City of Roseville officesOctober 10, 2013
Pros: large staff
Cons: feel like a number
Tough place to work you feel like a number
co-workers were great always helpful
Large staff made you feel like a number than a specific employee.
Hard Work...Not For Everyone!
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: we started early!
Cons: just a temporary position!
Street Maintenance at its hardest! This was only a temporary position that didn't require much skill - just very labor intensive in the grueling Summer temperatures.
A fun place to work with great people.
TEACHER (Current Employee), Quail Glen ElementaryMay 9, 2013
The kids get out of school and come to the Adventure Club. I would help with homework and supervise outside activities. A weekly lesson plan is also done which would include art, cooking and science activities.
It was a real learning experence in so many ways.
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Roseville, MIDecember 15, 2012
Pros: totally positive
Cons: too few to mention
It was a wonderful place to work.The people were great,and it was a pleasure to work there for 30 years.
I enjoy my coworkers and managerial staff, as well as our clients.
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Roseville, CaOctober 24, 2012
Pros: educational opportunities through certification
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare, low pay
During a typical day at work, I am allowed to work independently with my students on arts and craft projects, teaching personal control to the children, and supervising structured activities such as play time and games. I like the managerial staff, and feel that they are knowledgable. The hardest part of the job is that it is not full time, and I really – more... would like working full time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the joy on the children's faces when they feel empowered after completing an activity. – less
Good place to work with good benefits and considerate staff.
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee), RosevilleAugust 3, 2012
Check email work on projects go to meetings. I learned that I was responsible for my own success and that to get things done you had to think outside the box. Management team was good and staff in general worked hard.