City of Roseville

City of Roseville Employee Reviews

excellent work place
refuse collector (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: excellent work envoiroment
Cons: none really for me
was able to help the community of
sun city roseville elder with there weekly refuse can or container, enjoyed working and interacting with the community
Was a great place to work with wonderful co-workers who enjoyed their job.
Afterschool Counselor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: got to work with kids of all ages in different settings.
Cons: it was part time.
Worked with the group leader and other staff members in the classroom in a cooperative supportive manner.
Engaged the participants in programs and activities while under your care.
­
An amazing place to work
Pool Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fun!
I loved my time with the City of Roseville. It is a great place for anyone to work. Especially the aquatics division.
Must be creative,kind,and patient
Day Care Aide (Former Employee), Roseville, CaAugust 16, 2014
Assist staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
Maintain daily open communication with parents
Maintain confidentiality
Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
Maintain a safe and healthy environment
Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
Attend inservice and staff meetings
Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and time sheets.
Meet all applicable liscensing regulations
Don't even think of working in IT
Analyst (Former Employee), RosevilleApril 18, 2014
Pros: lots of good technology to work on
Cons: way too many to mention.
Title says it all. CIO and senior management are clueless, thin skinned and really fond of reciting the latest technical jargon even if it makes no sense to the conversation at all. Extreme turnover in the staff (over 10 in last 2 years). Low pay. Long hours. Old infrastructure getting ready to collapse. Enough paperwork to choke a horse. It's all about looking good and following the process, actual results are a side effect. IT staff is beat up and overworked.
A suburban city committed to innovation
Communications Specialist/Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseville, MNApril 14, 2014
Roseville is committed to providing quality service in a cost-effective manner. Doing that requires employees to be extremely knowledgeable about their fields of work so they can identify trends and opportunities. At Roseville I created many new programs and streamlined others.
Enjoyed working at company
Secretarial, Clercal, Administration (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: friendships and trust of my co-workers
Cons: some management
I am and will forever be grateful for the opportunities that I had with the City of Roseville. I enjoyed going to work and learning new skills, interacting with other co-workers and learning.

Managers where just trying to do their jobs, sometimes I believe their hands were tied when it came to staff relations. (Sometimes you cannot be friends with the people you work with).

Hardest part of some of these jobs where having to listen to people struggle with their lives, especially when their home was being damaged, either by water or sewer. Best thing was just to listen and let them get out frustration, without trying to take control over the situation. After all, you are the first person they contact and not the real reason they are upset.

Most enjoyable part of the jobs were the people I worked with. To this date, since I have retired, I still get together with them and their families. They are family to me.
Fun Place to work short-term
Lifeguard / Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: lots of breaks
Cons: immature staff
The City of Roseville is a great starting job. The longer you stay, the worse it gets, mainly because there is an influx of immature 15 year olds every year. Some management is cool, but promotions are based off of how well you kiss up, rather than solely performance. The hardest part is mastering all the emergency skills. The best part of the job is saving someone's life when you rescue them, along with the satisfaction of teaching someone to swim well.
Feel like your a number
Associate Planner (Former Employee), City of Roseville officesOctober 10, 2013
Pros: large staff
Cons: feel like a number
Tough place to work you feel like a number
co-workers were great always helpful
Large staff made you feel like a number than a specific employee.
Hard Work...Not For Everyone!
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: we started early!
Cons: just a temporary position!
Street Maintenance at its hardest! This was only a temporary position that didn't require much skill - just very labor intensive in the grueling Summer temperatures.
A fun place to work with great people.
TEACHER (Current Employee), Quail Glen ElementaryMay 9, 2013
The kids get out of school and come to the Adventure Club. I would help with homework and supervise outside activities. A weekly lesson plan is also done which would include art, cooking and science activities.
It is a fun, place to work for!
Child Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Roseville, Ca. 95678March 1, 2013
Pros: children, admin duties, such as bugets, curriculum
Cons: parents, discussing payments, behavior, etc.
Working for the City of Roseville has been a pleasure. I seek another position to advance my career. I lost benefits, and pay when the company had no other choice.
My co-workers are the best, I feel I am a people person, but my co-workers/staff are a team.
Hardest Part of the job would some times be not the kids, the parents, but with the approachable attitude I have we work things out.
Of the best are the children, they make me laugh daily. I have a blast with them!
I enjoy my coworkers and managerial staff, as well as our clients.
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), Roseville, CaOctober 24, 2012
Pros: educational opportunities through certification
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare, low pay
During a typical day at work, I am allowed to work independently with my students on arts and craft projects, teaching personal control to the children, and supervising structured activities such as play time and games. I like the managerial staff, and feel that they are knowledgable. The hardest part of the job is that it is not full time, and I really would like working full time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the joy on the children's faces when they feel empowered after completing an activity.
Good place to work with good benefits and considerate staff.
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee), RosevilleAugust 3, 2012
Check email work on projects go to meetings. I learned that I was responsible for my own success and that to get things done you had to think outside the box. Management team was good and staff in general worked hard.

About City of Roseville

The City of Roseville is committed to keeping your children safe. One of the easiest things you can do is to make sure that your – Read more

City of Roseville Salaries