City of Rowlett Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging place to work, no work life balance.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 26, 2016
Lack of leadership. Goals are moving target by leadership. Management is dictated by internal complaints and there is no stability.The culture is whatever the flavor of the week is. The organization heirarchy changes continuously and are lead by staff with no substantial experience in the field.
Pros
Compensation is competitive.
Cons
No work life balance and and management stability.
Productive and fun environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXOctober 20, 2015
Fun-filled yet highly supervised environment, due to being a lifeguard and excellent personal procedures. I learned many effects that being in water has on the body or in the body. Management was great and very helpful and understanding to personal issues; flexible. The hardest part was standing/walking in the sun for more than 30mins at times. The most enjoyable part was saving lives, and playing with some of the kids in the water.
Pros
Free lunchs, provided all materials and excellent training.
Cons
If you had a sunburn, still had to be in the sun. Lack of personal space in employee rooms. Slip hazards everywhere.
Enjoyed and miss all the learning and job responsibilities
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Enjoyed this career tremendously I loved the people contact. There were approx. 100 employees and we interfaced with all of them on questions, benefits, payroll.
Government Politics and Poor Leadership
Senior Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMarch 3, 2015
Unfortunately with all government agencies, there are frequent layoffs. We experienced a couple of them in my short time working with the City of Rowlett. At the time of my employment, we had a new City Manager come in that was not good for the city.
Fast Paced Environment
HR Generalist/Compensation Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Fast paced working environment, consulting on compensation, talent acquisition, employee relations, benefits and HR budgetary concerns.
Used to be a great place to work
Animal Shelter (Former Employee) –  City of RowlettMay 12, 2013
Used to be a fun place to work before all the cuts and city manager came in and took over-Worked there for many years and was booted out because I had higher standards then management did
Pros
schedule was good
Cons
not treated fairly-it's who you know-how much you kiss butt
I enjoy working with people and make customers happy
Custodain Superviser (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 7, 2013
I enjoy working with people. When you make your customers happy you are happy. I always have a smile and others sees this.
Pros
we get together for lunch and make the best out of it
Economic Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 31, 2012
It's an interesting place to work but the workload and projects are boring. There's a long process for everything and future plans that will take 20 years.
Pros
monday to friday - one hour lunch
Cons
bad office space

2.8